Galactic War Too Easy: Absurd AFK Win

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by tohron, September 21, 2015.

1. tohron

tohron Active Member

Here's a video of me winning a galactic war game on highest difficulty - without doing a single thing:

I used a General Commander with basic vehicle tech, +25% econ tech, and complete orbital tech (which wasn't used).

Perhaps this indicates that maximum difficulty should be a bit harder?
  2. huangth

huangth Active Member

I haven't tried the PTE.
    But in current version, I feel the AI is too weak, too.
    The AI seldom builds the T2 unit, this makes them quite easy to defeat.
    The AI commander is also very easy to be killed by simple boom bot sniping.
  3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

The AI in GW is known to be broken right now. In the meantime you are stuck with skirmish
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

To be fair, you seemed to have two subcommanders there, so it was kind of watching two AIs vs one AI. The enemy AI didn't even have a resource multiplier, which means that this was one of the first fights. The fights do get harder after playing a few rounds.

The "General Commander" layout that comes with the two subcommanders is kind of overpowered in the beginning. Once the resource multipliers start kicking in and you get multiple enemy commanders things should get a bit harder. Though subcommanders will always be extremely helpful. It could probably be toned down a bit. I don't know what AI levels the subcommanders play at. Probably Absurd. So reducing that may help.
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I haven't seen anything from Uber to indicate that this is the case. @Sorian @jables @mkrater
    This is absurd. You should be seeing boss levels of difficulty from relentless on your first match, and it should only get harder. Absurd should be nigh-unbeatable unless you really know what you're doing from the very first match.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

almost a month ago https://forums.uberent.com/threads/is-galactic-war-supposed-to-be-this-easy.70144/

apparently they had some fixes coming, but it might still need some tuning.