Unit types

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Ksgrip, September 19, 2015.

1. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

How do I create new Unit types? I know that we can get to use Custom1,2,3,4 but how do I define them, for example to create new build types?. Also how do I define new build types?
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Unit types are sadly hard-coded.
  3. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So how can I define at leat Custom1,2...?
  4. stuart98

You mean like this? "buildable_types": "(Custom3) & FactoryBuild",

That goes in a unit.json. Remember to have new units defined in build.js.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Use Custom1 to Custom4 (or UNITTYPE_Custom1 as appropriate to context) wherever you would use another attribute like Tank, AirDefense, Basic, etc.

Beyond that we'll need a more specific example.
  6. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So if I want to define a new build list just as the adv fabbers have, how do I do so?
  7. stuart98

Look at how they're defined in advanced fabber jsons, modify for your own project.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

So like T3 structures? The more specific the better we can help.

Add say UNITTYPE_Custom1 to the new/modified units, and Custom1 to the fabber's buildable_types in a similar manner to Advanced in the advance fabber, probably with '|' (or) between clauses.

Depending on your meaning of 'build list', you may also have to shadow ui/main/shared/js/build.js
    Ksgrip likes this.
  9. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

[Qthwondible, post: 1112884, member: 1965145"]
    So like T3 structures? The more specific the better we can help.

Add say UNITTYPE_Custom1 to the new/modified units, and Custom1 to the fabber's buildable_types in a similar manner to Advanced in the advance fabber, probably with '|' (or) between clauses.

Depending on your meaning of 'build list', you may also have to shadow ui/main/shared/js/build.js[/QUOTE] Thanks!!
  10. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Also thisbis for anyone who knows how to solve this problem. Tofay I was tryingto expand the build tab so I can fit more facyories into it. My interest is to have 7 colums but as soon as I change yhe default 6 value the game changes the tab so another row appears instead of a colum making a 4*6 tab, having a 3*7 values. Anyine knows why this is caused and how to solve it? @womdible, @stuart98
  11. stuart98

12. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So there is no way to have a seventh colum working? That is a shame:(. Also i though the fabricator only used five of the six colums because of how units are indexed. The tging is that I want to use the modx factories alongsidr the vanilla ones ( t1 & t2 ) also stuart thanks for quick answering:))