Clash Of The TITANS - 1v1 tournament with $600 prize pool

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by exodusesports, August 26, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Combat fab rush. Reclaim their commander and anything in their way.
    Best start ever ;)
    Corgiarmy, stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Almost as pro as the single mex tech to atlas titan move.... Such a classic :D
    stuart98 and violetania like this.
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

i really dont think csgs should be in maps whilst air is terrible at pathing around them, too late for this tournament but please take it under consideration for any tournament after. It's pretty idiotic.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Csgs describes all features in PA maps.... I'm assuming there is something more specific you'd like to avoid?
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

air
    tunsel11 likes this.
  6. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Whatever stops planes from flying. Can be excruciating to play when the units stop for no reason.
  7. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

A little over two hours until sign-ups close.
  8. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

TFW you send your squad of Humming Birds into death valley on clutch and they try to go over one of those dam platforms and decide to burrow their noses into it instead of fly over it :l
  9. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Already feeling the pressure :D
    cat.gif
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  10. exodusesports

11. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Based on?
  12. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Complicated seeding system involving official ladder ranks / bots / tournament data / and stuff.
  13. killerkiwijuice

Does it have anything to do with

[​IMG]
    ?
    tunsel11, xankar and stuart98 like this.
  14. exodusesports

15. exodusesports

16. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

Nice tournament :)
    stuart98 and Clopse like this.
  17. exodusesports

stuart98 and Clopse like this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

Thanks everyone. It was fun.

Sadly, only one Titan was used afaik
  19. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Thank you exodus, you did a great job!
    stuart98 and Quitch like this.
  20. killerkiwijuice

I'm about to share my thoughts on the tournament and the ranking system. Just a warning though, i'm going to be very candid and honest, so if you're offended... well too bad lol. Just typing my thoughts.

First I would like to say that it was very well run and the casting was great. I had a fun time and it will be another one of those internet memories that make absolutely awkward dreams. I finished much higher than expected, and honestly I didn't practice very much. Before the tournament I never played on Diadem, or the Island, for example. I'm greatful for my place and beyond surprised satisfied with my success. Now to the meat.

I really don't like the swiss algorithm. In my opinion, it's imbalanced and unfair. As the tournament progressed, people got better matches of course, but that doesn't mean they fought opponents that gave them a real challenge. In three of my games, I absolutely wrecked my opponent. Barely had to concentrate. I never got to play Matiz. I never got to play Clopse. Never got to play Custard. My win-loss was the same as all of them. 5-1. So my question is: why did you get ranked higher than me (this can be applied to anyone else.)? I guess the answer would be something like "oh well they had more points than you, so they got a higher rank overall". I call BS. I never had the chance to earn more points since they were wasted while wrecking people.

Like I said, I fought a few very easy opponents and only really faced a challenge the rest of the times. It seems like if I fought someone like Custard, Matiz, or Clopse (and won) instead of an easy enemy for one game, I would have won the tournament. wtf. Not fair either way.

Matiz won that ezpz. But it looks like he played more challenging opponents, which seems arbitrary to me.

What if "Buchholz" points were excluded? Doesn't that mean there would be a lot more tiebreakers? This leads into my next topic.

I don't like the Swiss algorithm. It might be good for a thousand players, but for ~40? Not at all. The simple win-loss difference would suffice here. If it was entirely based on win-loss, Matiz wouldn't have been able to win with a 5-1 ratio like 4 other people. If 5 people have a 5-1 ratio, it seems like they should be at least offered a chance to fight each other.

But nope, Matiz won because of his points. And mad skill of course. Maybe if I played someone better during one of my easy matches and wrecked them I would have came in second.

El fin. Sorry Not sorry for being blunt and frank. I had to type this thing fast though so I left out a few pieces. Congrats to everyone and thanks for hosting it, eXodus.
    Last edited: September 20, 2015
    rivii, FSN1977, Quitch and 4 others like this.