New hotfix has preventd PA:Titans from loading on my machine

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by WaylanderPK, September 10, 2015.

1. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

Worked fine last night, after patch (Hotfix 87296 - 9/9/15) today it hangs. Box appears (I run it windowed) but splash and menu never eventuate. I have no mods installed. Any ideas on how to fix it? I've included the log from yesterday and today. Note, I'm in Australia, hence last night was the 9th for me.

Machine is Mint 17.2, Mate 2 Desktop Intel 8 cour i7, 16 gbs Ram,. r7 200 Radeon
    GL_VERSION: 4.5.13397 Compatibility Profile Context 15.20.1046
    GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
    GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Attached Files:

Last edited: September 10, 2015
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Have you any mods installed/ your graphics drivers up to date?
  3. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

No mods, made sure and ran with --nomods (but pretty sure I didn't have any installed). Drivers are latest stable to my knowledge. But I'll double check.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It seems to be tripping at the point where it sets up the fmod library that's responsible for the audio. Could you try running PA with --no-audio as a test?

Also, you do have one mod:
    Code:
    [17:12:20.071] INFO Loading mod : com.pa.DeathByDenim.MouseFix
    It wouldn't cause these issues though, but you don't need it anymore either as Uber has fixed the mouse cursor problem in Linux in the mean time. You can delete the whole "mods" (or "client_mods") directory in ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation" if you want.
  5. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

Yep that did it. no audio for the win. I'm using alsa, but its kind of strange that it worked yesterday but not today.
    Thanks DeathbyDenim and Xlopse for taking the time to help. Now I can get back to having my butt handed to me.
  6. DeathByDenim

Well, I wouldn't call this a fix. Now you have no sounds! :)

The --no-audio thing was just meant as a test to track down the issue. It's ok if you are happy playing without sounds of course, but if not, can you post the output of "ldd ./PA" to see if it's picking up the proper libraries for fmod?

Btw, isn't Mint 17 on Pulseaudio instead of ALSA nowadays?
  7. mrosseel

mrosseel New Member

Can confirm, yesterday played perfectly, today after Titans update it wouldn't even start. The --no-audio fixed it as well.
    No updates performed on my ubuntu machine, so it's probably patch-related.
  8. DeathByDenim

Which Ubuntu are you on? 14.04?