How can someone fail to find any mods?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, September 7, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

2. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This would result in a split mod repository, with some mods only on steam workshop, other mods not on steam workshop etc.

Not everyone plays PA via Steam.
    Gorbles and cwarner7264 like this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

doesn't matter just do it .. put pamm on steam workshop show people/sticky a apropriate thread on steam to explain that it is the general portal for pamods so potentential steammodcreators know where to actualy put their stuff and be done with it .. the rest is up to tbe modcreators themselves ... if they don't put their stuff up on pamm and further explain their stuff ... crap happens ... then lets do the trial and error thing ... if people need to run against the wall first to understand then so be it ...

stuart and peops did put their stuff up on moddb as well already .. putting pamm on steam workshop seems just logical at this point ...

the thing is you can't force people to come to get your stuff you instead need to provide it to them as much as a pain in the butt that might be ...
    the alternative is them simply missing out due to their own stuborness and continue to complain and moan about it ...
    epicblaster117 and stuart98 like this.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Bsport, stuart98, Nicb1 and 1 other person like this.
  6. tracert

tracert Member

It would help if we can get a "How to get mods for PA" thread pinned on the steam forums like the one @Quitch posted. At least it would for poeple who only search around on steam.
  7. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

stuart98 likes this.
  8. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

How about baby steps folks. Uber isn't going to do a 180 and suddenly split the mod community up. It's not like you can wave a magic wand and be ready for Steam Workshop.

A great idea that we should all rally behind is a simple, in-game promotion or link to mods. Just have a button on the main menu called 'mods', which when clicked directs the ingame browser to a well written forum posts with install and FAQ for PAMM. Is there any possible legal or financial reason NOT to do this? Personally I would like a statement from @jables on the status of mods and the possibility of an ingame mod promotion.
    epicblaster117 and stuart98 like this.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I think integrating mods into the game too tightly can pose a legal problem.

I would personally advocate a button to 'community portal' that has links to key PA related content including:
    - This forum (I know already in the UI but nice to consolidate it I think)
    - Exodus E Sports
    - PAMM / mod section of the forums
    - Other notable community sites (e.g. a list of known TS servers for PA and so on).
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

There was an unofficial statement from the Jables 3 questions chat log:
    (source)
  11. philoscience

Good. But what I want is a statement not on an in game mod manager, but just a link to the forums version somewhere prominent. Surely these are different issues?
  12. philoscience

Seems it wasn't clear from my post but this is what I meant. I don't think we're likely to ever see an in game mod manager, but promotion of the existing one seems within reason.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

IANAL, but this may have the same ramifications of "endorsing", and therefore content appearing to be "official", as the post by @DeathByDenim above. I would imagine linking to the mod forum or any other official area would be safe though.
    maxcomander likes this.
  14. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

I still don't understand how Uber could be in trouble for the mods people create because they "endorse" them. I;ve seen a mod that adds the Red Wedding into Skyrim but that doesn't a HBO legal team to go after Steam because its in the steam workshop. The only problem that could arise is if mod creators were asking for money to instal/use the mods and uber provided a direct link to it or something along those lines.
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General