Ranked map Crag/Geb uneven metal.

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by skypheonix20, September 6, 2015.

1. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

North.jpg South.jpg P1 back.jpg P2 back.jpg Front.jpg

Seen a few ranked games where this has caused losses even for really good players, i spend 90% of my time watching replays.

North has 4 metal spots and South has 3.
    Player 2 has a much harder job getting the back side metal as its more into player 1 area,
    4 spawns have 5 metal and the 2 middle spawns have 6, also slightly 1 sided in 1v1 ranked games.
    Last edited: September 6, 2015
    stuart98, andreasgg, huangth and 6 others like this.
  2. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

The map is intended for 1v1, which is why I never play maps in the 1v1 pool w/ more than one other player.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Good. Now I have an excuse for losing so much on this map. Surely it couldn't have been me!
  4. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they didn't make it a symmetrical map? i thought all ranked maps are meant to be symmetrical now? o_O *tear*

Also capt, losing to xankar and i isn't that bad =P xank is number 3 i think and i play religiously <3 <3 <3 and even though i'm crap you were still disadvantaged at the fact that you hadn't played in a long time and the meta had changed ^^
    Last edited: September 6, 2015
  5. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

The map terrain is mostly symmetrical its just metal spots that are more 1 sided, other than this its a really nice map design, great to watch people play on.
  6. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

I have to admit i still don't understand the platforms, i me i understand they increase strategic planning but.... ahah oh well ^^
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

i don't think this map was meant to be perfectly symmetric though
    elodea likes this.
  8. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Probably just an oversight, or metal spots didn't save on @tvinita properly. They have a tendency to disappear sometimes when you finalise stuff. Nice pickup though!

Doesn't seem too bad balance wise for playing in the mean time though.
    aevs and cptconundrum like this.
  9. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yeah, the same issue happened with Pacific once,
  10. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Meso also has 2 mex differenty on the north and south. Also spotted this on Crag indeed. Problem with it is there arent any tool to help the mapmaker to make sure every thing is evenly spread out so all distances to whatever are equal for both players. The Map maker has to do everything on feel when placing metal/CSG and the fact that it is a round planet and you cant even see if you are even close on the right spot makes it even harder.
    mot9001 likes this.
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Meso is a symmetrical map, so if there's an issue it's simply with the symmetrical placement failing, not the map maker measurements.
  12. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

This is something that happens more often. Meso and Pacific had this problem and atm Clutch has unfair islands (the one with the biggest backside has advantage in most cases). The system editor has a lot of bugs that happen during the saving of the map. The only thing you can do is load the map and doublecheck everything manually after its saved.
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Which I do anyway....
  14. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Oh, clutch has unfair metal too. Just see the spawn i tought to be worse actually have 2 more mex near it.
  15. elodea

elodea Post Master General

yea, just opened it up in system editor. Problem is some of the metals either were not being mirrored, or the mirrored spot was being blocked by a csg. removing and re-adding metals fixes this.
    stuart98 likes this.