The sorian PA: TITANS AI thread

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Quitch, August 24, 2015.

1. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Probably not going to happen from our side, but it should be quite easy to mod in.
  2. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Why not @Sorian ? Supreme Commander had this and worked very good. I dont trust mods for things like this.

By not doing these things Uber will be blast away when a big company does a RTS.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

If you get a chance it would be worth looking again at how the AI picks its rally spots. Clutch is a good example of the problem, where the AI in slot 2 has a huge advantage over slot 1. Both can perform identically, but because one rallies out the back it always loses a big chunk of the front of the base before its troops can get there, and this means it almost always loses.

I wonder if there's a way to adjust base rally point according to the threat map.
  4. dudeinblack

dudeinblack New Member

@ccfreak2k there you have it, I would like to request a working version of your mod on PAMM, that disables the nukes for the AI too
  5. glexn

glexn New Member

I had a lot of issues with the AI in Titans GW, but they've all been resolved in the PTE. Where every planet had one commander on absurd, they all have two so far. There's more variety in the terrain, the AI can out build me again, it sends base crushing attacks, scouts properly, raids metal, it's all awesome again. =]

Cheers.
  6. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Saw the PTE, thanks for tuning down the nuke spam! :D
  7. glexn

glexn New Member

I just got to Invictus, and we started on separate planets. The match was about 25 minutes long, and I massed a gigantic invasion army with a dozen nukes and a Helios and hundreds of units to find Invictus hadn't claimed anything but the metal around his base. It was all advanced factories and extractors, and a ton of anti-air aircraft, but only a half a dozen orbital fighters and a few ground units.
  8. Quitch

You'd need to provide the difficulty level and a replay ID, or the system details along with which slots you and the AI occupied, otherwise it's going to be next to impossible to investigate unless it's a known issue.
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. glexn

glexn New Member

I don't have single player replays auto saving, it seems. Is there a way to find a system name from the GW map, or the save file?
  10. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

You can tell the difficulty, because this is fine for normal AI to do like this.
  11. Quitch

Sorian, is there a Hover threat?
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

A big company that does an RTS?

[​IMG]
    cptconundrum, stuart98 and crizmess like this.
  13. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

At no point did SupCom 2 have an option to disable nuke building for the AI.

There were exclusion options to disable things for everyone in the game.

Nope.
    Quitch likes this.
  14. glexn

glexn New Member

I'm playing on absurd on an uber map.
  15. Going4Quests

Yes, that's what I meant. PA needs an exclusion list, for everyone. AI battles will benefit from it for people who struggle. This way people like us who can fight the AI can just see an AI nuking, people who dont disable the nukes. :)

It's really sad how the AI got nerfed.. cant there be just a new easy category without nerfing the other levels? :(
    Remy561 likes this.
  16. Going4Quests

When EA closed down EA_LA they said on the forums somewhere that they were looking into bringing Command & Conquer back with a reboot of the Tiberium saga in 3-5 years. Act of Agression looks very promising, and Chris Taylor, from TA and SupCom is most likely working on a new big RTS when GPG got bought.

When all these games proof succesful, the big ones may return to it, and learn their mistakes perhaps. A big company can just look at PA, learn from it and make a bigger game.

EDIT: But this is not what this thread is meant for, so I'll no longer answer that topic here. :p
  17. Quitch

Have you tried my Queller AI mod? Bronze sits below where the old Normal was, while Silver is between Normal and Hard.
  18. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

I don't know what you did @Sorian, but in the new PTE the building placement on Forge is now really good.
    @Quitch, I'm not sure how much this will influence Queller, but you might want to re-evaluate your placement recommendations for Forge.
  19. Quitch

Well, funny you should mention that...

This is where the southern AI rallied its forces to in the latest PTE. The Dox are vibrating and the fabber is running circles around them.

2015-09-09_00001.jpg

EDIT: Appears to be an issue with the first factory specifically.
    Last edited: September 9, 2015
    stuart98 and crizmess like this.
  20. Quitch

The AI should be more aggressive in sending orbital units to clear out enemy jigs and defend its own. On any map with a gas giant this should be the #1 priority for orbital units. He who controls the gas wins the game.