[WIP]Bigger Explosions

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Mirolog, August 25, 2015.

1. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

I learned how to debris!
    Screenshots:

im too lazy to make a changelog.
    elodea, tunsel11, doud and 3 others like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

3. stuart98

Your last updated date is off by a year BTW FYI. :/
  4. Mirolog

srew it
    [​IMG]
  5. stuart98

Didn't work; now it's the very last on the list.
    martianhunter likes this.
  6. Mirolog

So i actually need to fix bugs. Ok, fine, fixed.
    martianhunter, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  7. Mirolog

So I've started to change titan's explosions, and the first one is the Helios.
    After a couple of hours of experementing I have this:

It's far from finished, core debris will not rotate, because smoke can't follow it's rotation, and dust will look better.
    I need some ideas, because just dissapearing in dust is not the best way, I was thinking about nuke explosion at the ground, but I wont damage anythingm so it's stupid.
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
  9. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I quite like the dust poof when it hits the ground. Some extra debris coming out when it hits the ground could help :) How the hell did you get that middle section to like... detach? I've never noticed that in vanilla PA... Would it be possible to have either the arms falling separately, or have explosions kinda running along them (so they don't just vanish?) Also because the Helios is a very "electricity-ey" robot, it might be cool to add some more lightning-ey things to the explosion. Might be worth looking into the Zeus fire effects to see how that works and/or stealing stuff from it.

Keep up the good work :D
    Remy561 likes this.
  10. Mirolog

It already has a ton of debris, and debris coming from debris might be a little bit overkill. I can't add explosions to arms, because I can't track their position. I can relatively easily add them to explosion, but I need .papa models.
    If someone can take this arm model from Helios, and make a separate model (without textures), it will be greatly appreciated.
  11. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I meant debris.. yeah coming from the debris, when it hits the ground and poofs. Just little bits like what is (I think) in the mines explosion. Aw that's a shame. @robintick maybe you could give ripping off the arms of the Helios a go? :)
  12. Mirolog

I can use rocks from asteroid impact, I already used scaled down version of them in my nuke effect.
    burntcustard likes this.
  13. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Here's a .papa model of one of the big arms: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C3F79EAE94B7E784!327998&authkey=!APZYildY_FzCCrw&ithint=file,papa
    It has no texture, and one bone "bone_root" placed at the center of mass, so slightly towards the thicker end of the arm.
    Bone was created in 3DS max and has rotation 0,0,0.
    I put it in the center of mass so in case you make it spin around it's axis it will look like it's obeying physics;)

-edit- also that commander looks familiar :D
  14. Mirolog

Thanks for the model, here is sneaky peeky sneak peek:
    [​IMG]
  15. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Cool that you were able to use it, btw I love the fiery chunks raining down from orbit, very cool :D
  16. Mirolog

Holy crap this was difficult.
    Tomorrow I'll do the easiest part - dust and explosions.

There will a lot of dust when hitting the ground, so you wont be able to see this ugly transition.
    MrTBSC, martianhunter, cdrkf and 4 others like this.
  17. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Sweet lawdy gsus! That does look good. You're really getting good! Is the Titan a Mesh? Is this with that dissolving shader?
    Nicb1 and burntcustard like this.
  18. Mirolog

Yep, falling stuff is meshes, and yes this is dissolving shader. And this shader is awesome, I want to try it somewhere else.
  19. Mirolog

This effect got kinda overcomplicated.

(if you didn't spot the difference between this and previous vid - new ground effect + better transition between "fall" and "on the ground" stages + smoke on arms)

Also, I hate geometry.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: September 9, 2015
    FSN1977, kayonsmit101, Nicb1 and 5 others like this.
  20. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Let me link these epic screenshots here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-titans-screenshot-wars-reborn.69556/page-3#post-1111417

I must say this nuke was the most beautiful nuke I've ever seen ingame thanks to your explosions! But overall I find them a bit tooo big and flashy for normal gameplay. It is damn epic with this nuke, but most explosions are very lookalike with that bright flash and shockwave effect. I know the original game has this lack of variation as well, but there the explosion effect is gone before you notice it so it isn't that much of a problem. Maybe a bit more variation in flashes or shockwaves can help here.

I'm looking forward to the finished version of this mod, keep up the good work!