[REL] UI Enhancements v1.1 [86765]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by DeathByDenim, January 27, 2015.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

This mod just adds minor tweaks to the UI of things that bothered me. They are:
    • Auto-expand [SINGLE PLAYER] and [MULTIPLAYER] buttons in the main menu.
    • Show rank in main menu after badge.
    • Focus the cursor on the password field in the main menu.
    • Focus the cursor on the lobby ID field in the replay browser.
    • Allow for pressing <Enter> after manually entering a lobby ID to load it.
    • After playing a ranked match show your new rank in the game over screen.
    • If you have PA: Titans, it add a new filter to the game browser to filter Classic/Titans games.
    Mod is available on PAMM.

Relevant GitHub: https://github.com/DeathByDenim/uienhancements
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Excellent mod. Currently handles inactive with a -1, would be nice if it did other differently.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  3. DeathByDenim

Oh, heh. Fixed internally now. Thanks! Now I just need to stop playing ranked for a week to see if it worked. :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. DeathByDenim

And it works! I've released the bug fix. Also a tiny new enhancement: The lobby ID field in the replay browser is now focused automatically.
    Quitch likes this.
  5. DeathByDenim

New update v1.1 released. It's fully compatible with Titans (and Classic of course).
    • Added new filter in the game browser for Titans/Classic games. It only appears if Titans is activated.
  6. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

:mad: Damn! You beat me to the Titans filter!!! I just started to work on that one myself.

At least now you've given me an example to work off of for other ideas.

So, now that there are so many filter options in the "section_controls" area, could you add in a tighter format for those to your mod (smaller line height option, and maybe smaller spacings)? It probably makes more sense for you to add that into your mod than for me to do a separate one. I hate that you have to scroll down to see every available option. I was even considering putting multiple filters on one line, if possible, to condense them even more.
    Last edited: September 1, 2015
  7. DeathByDenim

Heh, sorry. A standalone version might be nice too though as this mod is just a combination of many little things.

Good idea about the line height. I need to play with that. There's still the UI scale option in the settings of course for now.
  8. ViolentMind

Yeah, the UI Scale option kinda works, but it also makes the font size smaller, and there is still a lot of wasted space on the screen. I just prefer things a bit tighter in general. That way I can add more columns to the browser page, which is another thing that I've been wanting to do.

Also, FYI...I see that you forgot to include the new 'Bounty Mode' filter in your filtersettings var.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  9. DeathByDenim

Whoops, thanks. Seems I missed the modded games filter as well. Fixed internally now.

How's this for compression:
    compressed.png
  10. ViolentMind

That's better, now we just need to adjust the line height as well. :)
  11. DeathByDenim

Like this? :)
    upload_2015-9-1_18-11-0.png
    tracert likes this.
  12. ViolentMind

The line height is perfect! However, would you be able to get the spacing so that the text is closer to its actual filter box instead of the box above it? It does look a little odd that way the more I look at it.

Edit: Could you adjust the line height for the game-list rows too? (in COL 2)

The other thing that I was thinking was to combine two filters per line, since most of the filter values don't even take up half of the width of their filter box. You could probably model it after the filter boxes for the player/planet numbers (would div class="count_filters" work for that?). The size would work, but I'm not sure that the class would work for that purpose.
    Last edited: September 1, 2015
  13. DeathByDenim

Well, I got it like this:
    upload_2015-9-1_19-39-56.png

But I did that using the Coherent Debugger to get to see what it looks like. If I store it in the CSS file for the mod, the line height and label position won't stick. Weird. I need to figure out why that is...

It should be just this:
    Code:
    .form-group {
       margin-bottom: 0px;
    }

.selectpicker {
       padding: 0px 0px;
    }

label {
       margin-top: 4px;
       margin-bottom: -4px;
    }
    Splitting it in two columns goes a bit too far, I think. The number filters would need special treatment and it all fits on my 900px high screen now anyway.
  14. ViolentMind

Yeah, I think that you are right about not splitting the filter columns. Besides, you can achieve a similar result by just reducing the width of the whole col_1. However, like you, I don't know how to make the following adjustment stick either. :confused:

.section_content .col_1 {
    width: 215px;
    overflow-y: auto;
    }
  15. lorodion

lorodion Member

Something must have changed recently because now when I enable this mod I can no longer see custom region servers in the multiplayer lobby browser.
    Anyone else noticed this?
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

OH THAT'S WHAT'S BEEN CAUSING ME PROBLEMS FOR A YEAR

Thanks
  17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I've updated UI enhancements to 1.2 to fix its hiding of custom games.
  18. DeathByDenim

Updated the mod to 1.2.1 to fix the hiding of custom games (since I am not sure what Stuart did to it).
    Also I removed the fix for the unloadable replays because that has since been fixed in PA as well.
    stuart98 likes this.