Improvements still needed to PA:TITANS

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by emraldis, August 30, 2015.

1. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

That would be doable with a mod, but I can't be fucked to do it :)

I can see two problems with this... That it would be somewhat unclear (unintuitive?) which weapons/projectiles do friendly fire and which don't. Aaaand, that it would be annoying. Cool? Yes, probably, but I assume that the level of annoying would slightly outweigh the level of coolness it would add. That's probably subjective.
    mered4 likes this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

As an additional note, this is a video game that does not draw its entire meta from realism. Those are expensive.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Afaik it's not, AOE friendly damage is possible, but I don't think straight up friendly fire is.
  4. easybox

easybox Member

You'll be surprised, but for many people it is a successor of "Total Annihilation".
    ace63 and stuart98 like this.
  5. easybox

easybox Member

No, only projectiles with "Area of Effect".
    ace63 and stuart98 like this.
  6. easybox

easybox Member

There are weapons that deals collateral damages ("AOE") and weapons that hits a single target.
    Last edited: September 2, 2015
  7. easybox

easybox Member

Troll.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Indeed.

Galactic Annihilation did/does it.
  9. easybox

easybox Member

Damage on impact that's all what matter in this case.
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Realism is NOT the foundation of the meta in PA. Sorry. It's also not a successor to either SupCom or TA. It is simply a new iteration of the annihilation series. Thus it has its own lore and its own rules. You may mod these things if you like, but it is not relevant in the vanilla version of titans.
    pieman2906 and igncom1 like this.
  11. easybox

easybox Member

Troll.
  12. felipec

felipec Active Member

Right now the biggest improvment the game needs is a faster (multithread?) simulation so the game doesn't lag late the game.
    ace63 likes this.
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

... unlikely to happen anytime soon i am afraid ..
  14. felipec

felipec Active Member

Hope you are wrong! This is the key factor to allow for really huge battle, as far as I know.
  15. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Well, if Uber wants to rewrite their engine to do true multi-threading, I'd imagine it's only after doing lots of fixing on Titans. And even then it's questionable, would need some real long term work. Not only lots more stuff RTS never did before, but also the huge amount of bugs big changes tend to create.
  16. Burpleronnie

Burpleronnie New Member

I would like to see cliffs incorporated into the random map generator.
    One way you could do it would be to take the height map used to generate the hills on the planets, subtract the water height from the highest point and divide that into four "plateaus", flat, height 1, 2 and 3. Procedurally draw cliffs around each plateau above flat and then add a number of procedural ramps to each plateau according to its size (obviously the tricky part of the latter bit is making sure the ramps can be generated in some way by the planet seed).

Cliffs have been a core part of the RTS genre since the beginning and would massively improve the quality of the random maps.

RTS games with cliffs: TA, Sup Com 1 & 2, Starcraft 1 & 2, Age of Empires (All), Command and Conquer (All), Dune (all), Company of Heroes, etc. etc.
    emraldis likes this.
  17. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Just going to add another improvement request:
    -A brush size for adding and removing metal spots/spawn zones. (So that you can just hold the add or remove button and paint/delete metal spots and spawn zones) Would work bet (for metal spots) in conjunction with brush-specific metal density sliders.
    -The ability to change the size of spawn zones after going into advanced edit.