Clash Of The TITANS - 1v1 tournament with $600 prize pool

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by exodusesports, August 26, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

At the end of the day- the rules of the tournament are down to the organizers. Exodus have a simple policy of 'UI mods are ok', they are the ones putting up the money. There is no discussion to be had. People are clearly aware of the various mods available and can make their own judgements as to whats ok or not if it's not if it's outside the rules.

I mean I understand the concept of 'fair playing field' but remember we're not talking the top level of Dota or Starcraft here with 6+ figure prizes.

I mean for *total* fairness we'd all need to be in the same room over a wired internet connection to eliminate latency issues, playing on identical machines in 'exam' conditions. This isn't an event at that level, and personally I think the rules are appropriate to the more casual and friendly community that is PA.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I'll get the thread on it up, no one beat me please.
    proeleert, g0hstreaper and cdrkf like this.
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Will play in tourney. Will probably get rekt by folks using mods I don't use.

Meh. Still win most ffas so I think I'm good :D
  4. stuart98

Will play in the tourney. Will use OP mods that give me such an unfair advantage and still lose because I don't know the game as well as the Uber players and mods can't compensate for not knowing how to pllay.
    Bsport, cdrkf and cptconundrum like this.
  5. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Same for me. :)
  6. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Good to see the tournament filling up! Gonna be a good one!

More like a cyclist winning a race with fancy shaped shoes that make peddling 5% more comfortable, in my opinion.

*Gets out the stuart98 beating stick*
    stuart98, Clopse and cdrkf like this.
  7. superouman

superouman Post Master General

It reminds me the polyurethane suits drama some years ago.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...msuits-a-scientist-explains-polyurethane.html
  8. stuart98

:eek:
  9. cdrkf

Lol guys I don't want to hear about custard beating Stuart's stick....

(P.s. *sorry!*)
  10. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I do....
    (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
    killerkiwijuice and burntcustard like this.
  11. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Did you say that about the "no roll of time" mod aswell? Come an, where are the fair play moral?
  12. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

"no roll off time" mod could mean 2 things:

1) The no roll off time server mod, which would give both players no roll off time if it was used, so that would be fair (stupid, but fair).

2) The old exploit involving cancelling factories build queues at the correct time and then instantly queueing up something else, to stop there being a roll off time. I showed this could be abused by making an Autohotkey macro to get the "perfect" timing right, so that I could create Dox and Booms at 2x speed provided sim speed was stable (same metal cost, just less time). What made this an exploit was that it was a) unintended behaviour by the devs, and b) a clear advantage to those who could set up "hax" (external programs) to do it (despite having to have your factories selected to do it, so you couldn't micro anything else at the same time). I'm glad that it was fixed, not just because it was "cheating", but also because it was a massive pain in the arse to accomplish. Factory micro not fun.

We don't yet have solid confirmation about the minimap being "unintended" by the devs, hell, they put in the hooks for Cola_Colin to use right? We also, in my opinion, don't have enough data to "prove" that it gives an unfair advantage. Finally, it doesn't use any external programs, and is easily accessible to all, so if you find it helps you play better, I don't see any issue with using it. Personally I use icon mods (custom icon set and secondary-colour-when-selected), because they help me to recognise units faster, and the minimap is in the same sort of category as these to me.

Not sure what happened to stuarts post, kinda too lazy to post this there instead :)
    cwarner7264 and cdrkf like this.
  13. cdrkf

I'd avoid that thread if I were you :p
    ljfed and burntcustard like this.
  14. fredegar1

fredegar1 Member

Do the brackets shown on the Exodus site right now reflect the first round of matches, or are they just a placeholder?
  15. cdrkf

They Will be placeholder until just before the event when all players are finalised. Also remember this is Swiss style, so brackets are less important as everyone gets 6 games and points calculated based on overall performance.
  16. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Hey, stupid question, when will the maps be chosen.
    If there's already a map pack out then I am absolutely blind! Hahaha
    Thanks ^^
  17. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Probably a few days before the event. Its what they always do :)
    violetania likes this.
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

This would be lovely. 2 weeks with the maps should just about be enough. Will it be ladder maps or are new maps being made?
    violetania likes this.
  19. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

20. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Excellent thanks. Tiebreaker is appreciated too. Shows you guys listen to the players concerns, so mucho appreciated.
    Last edited: September 7, 2015
    andreasgg and cdrkf like this.