[REL] The UberMap

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, May 17, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That's it yeah ;) I'd say 10-20 ms is a little optimistic, especially since players tend to queue up orders.
    So even in the very optimistic case of 10ms it would be 10ms per waypoint more than once per second in a place that blocks rendering.

Apart from this, after now actually having done performance tests on this API, I am happy with performance of the API though. The moment units are given large group order it really massively breaks down. Day and Night.
    The update I did to the ubermap tries to "fix" that by making lots of smaller requests and spreading them over time. So it's lots of small micro lags instead of one or two big impacts.

So yeah: I think I got it "Playable" for now, though certainly looking forward to you getting through all the release hotfixes and afterwards taking care of this :)
    Last edited: August 24, 2015
  2. cola_colin

Considering the talk above that makes me very happy.
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

So I just started using this mod and would like to give a bit of appreciation for this mod, really helps me manage everything going and and what I have. Thanks a bunch!
    philoscience and cola_colin like this.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Any chance of being able to relocate the map? I've love to use this for casting, but it sits right underneath the spectator panel which is something that must be expanded.
    tracert likes this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

at one point there was a mod that allowed you to move any other ui mods around. we should patch that up if it is broken.
  6. Quitch

I've been getting some pa.exe crashes when using this mod which I don't get when it's disabled. Too small a dataset to say definitively, but I've been spectating some six-way AI FFAs on PAX. I combine this with a lot of alt-tabbing.
    Last edited: August 30, 2015
  7. Elate

Elate Active Member

Also been getting some, got one specifically when I tried to order a unit to move via the map. Haven't tried to repeat it.
  8. cola_colin

In theory yes. It could be hacked to be somewhere else. Though all corners are filled in one way or another. Free space is a rare resources^^

Haven't seen any crashes myself I could link with this mod. Check your logs and post the crash reports here please.
  9. Quitch

Disabled all mods except UberMap, Queller AI DEV and Queller AI Personalities DEV. UI hung after 2:30 in-game time. Left for 20-30 minutes, but did not start responding again and was forcibly terminated. Server was still running successfully in the background and was able to reconnect using Connect Buttons.

Attached Files:

10. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Ok first off great great mod. Hopefully I can train my brain to keep looking there. Radar blips would help this a lot. :p. I know it's not your doing but would be nice.

On systems such as rock when an asteroid pops up, the auto new map is pretty startling. A way of making this not pop up or maybe change the color to grey from yellow. The yellow messes with peripheral vision a tad.
    elodea likes this.
  11. tracert

tracert Member

@cola_colin can we get flashing red dots on the map that last a few seconds for any new enemy units discovered? I really liked that about your minimaps mod as it grabs your attention.
  12. cola_colin

Can't do much about the fact that asteroids pop up ;)
    The colors of the maps however can be configured. If you want to play around with it look at
    "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\client_mods"\<ubermap folder>\ui\mods\ubermap\ubermap.js
    search for drawConfig
    Those are per biome RGB color ranges that are used to scale over the height of the layers.

If anybody has general better suggestions for the colors please share them. I know that some player colors are not easy to see on some biomes. There are just not enough colors xD

I guess the icon of a new unit could flash a little?
    Clopse and tracert like this.
  13. cola_colin

All I think I can see there is that something UI crashed. Blame coherent I guess? If there is a crash dump for that moment then share that with Uber maybe.
  14. tracert

tracert Member

Maybe the icons could 'flash' by inverting the colours so a blue unit icon flashes back and forth from red to blue, black icons between white and black etc. The flashing was great with Alerts Minimap for example when a scout I wasn't watching sees some raiding dox or a battle going on and suddenly the map lights up with lots of activity. It meant I could see, out of the corner of my eye, that something was going on.
  15. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

Is it possible to have a "x" button next to each map and a "+" button somewhere so you can close maps of planets you don't want/need to look at?
    This could potentially solve @clopse 's problem by making asteroid maps automatically minimized so you have to click the "+" button to make them appear (or a setting for this somewhere).
    cola_colin and Clopse like this.
  16. cola_colin

cool idea. Also added to the list of things I want to do next (probably midterm though)
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Could you combine this mod with PA stats, to make the planets that show up on PA stats have your map as textures instead of that weird white grid thing?
  18. cola_colin

Technically possible yes.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

well get on it then! :p
  20. nateious

nateious Active Member

Finally got around to trying this, so far it looks like I'm getting better performance (at least early game) than having using the 2nd PIP mod, and it shows more. I'll have to confirm this the next time I play an actual game instead of just fiddling with an AI.

Would it be possible to make shift click open the location you are clicking on in your PiP window?