Intercepting Halley'd Asteroids

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by temeter, August 29, 2015.

1. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

What are the rules for intercepting 'enemy' asteroids on interecept course?

Seems like I've forgotten half the rules. Last game I first fired a nuke at said asteroid and ordered a fabber to go there and queued a teleporter. The nuked missed apparently, the fabber didn't even react to the movement command, and I couldn't even shoot a second nuke at that point.
  2. ecervele

ecervele Member

I talked about it once but only a few seems to react... :oops:

But I assumed you've tasted the OPness of this mecanic... :D
  3. temeter

Oh, it was just a match against a buffed AI. Could have been a cool low eco situation, since I planned to evacuate my commander, some army and a small orbital fleet to a planet where I just overran the enemies main base.

The asteroid behaviour did distract me though, and the save is bugged for some reason.
  4. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

This is just another reason the change in how Halleys work is really stupid.

No, there's nothing whatsoever you can do to stop a Halley once it launches, except hope that it accidentally hits the wrong planet.

However, stuff you sent to it before it launched will arrive eventually, if it doesn't hit its target first.

Uber will have to do something about how Halleys work - let's just hope they do it the right way and return it to how it used to be, instead of just applying a lazy nerf like making them more expensive.
    huangth and temeter like this.
  5. temeter

So there was a change, and they are basically invincible after firing? Really not a fan of that, even more so since asteroids only take a single Halley. Maybe it was to easy to stop them, but there should be some more counterplay.
    maxcomander likes this.
  6. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

If nukes and units acted (when moving towards a halleyed planet) like halleyed planets do when they get near their targets, I think that would be a big improvement already.
    mered4 and temeter like this.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

asteroids in flight should definitively be attackable until immidiate impact ..
  8. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

I feel like it would be a great counter if nukes could destroy asteroids similar to how Anti-nukes target right now.
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

For those of you who are confused, the current behavior of any object heading to a Halley planet already in motion is basically the same as a seeking missile playing catch up with an SR71.

They never get there in time unless they are very close to the planet before it begins its movement.
  10. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I remember an epic moment in one of Uber's streams where team A had halleyed a moon, and was closing on on Team B's planet, when team B managed to nuke the halley, the point at which the moon was stopped however, was right in the past of one of Team A's other planets, and they crashed into each other and annihilated a moment later.
    temeter likes this.
  11. huangth

huangth Active Member

I just wonder why Uber don't allow player to move anything to the planet with launched halley.
    Maybe, Uber just don't know how to compute the a path which guides the units toward the launched planet.

Not joking, computing a transfer orbit is not easy.
    I think that is what NASA do.
    Last edited: September 1, 2015
  12. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

You used to be able to do it though.
    temeter and mered4 like this.
  13. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

It's really quite simple....
  14. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

"I'm doing science so hard right now"