Clash Of The TITANS - 1v1 tournament with $600 prize pool

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by exodusesports, August 26, 2015.

1. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

Ah ah come on @cwarner7264
    Thank @clopse to inform me in the NW thread, so 5-6 NW will be there!!
    cwarner7264 and cdrkf like this.
  2. ReddWolff

ReddWolff Member

I played in the Mystery Mayhem, first time I've ever played online with any game and it was great. Didn't win a match but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have a problem with the time difference otherwise I would definitely play in more tournaments.
    Quitch likes this.
  3. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Just a heads up for everyone participating, remember to use the minimap mod off PAMM. It gives insane advantage over those who don't use it, and is not considered cheating as per the tournament rules listed.

Not trying to stir anything up. Would just hate to see new people going up against other people with more arbitrary knowledge and getting rekt.
    mishtakashi, mered4, xankar and 2 others like this.
  4. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Mods that improve your play or that do stuff for you is LAME AS ****! Its never suposed to be in the game (or it would be standart in vanilla) and the challenges are unbalanced and unfair. People who use it are good at modding not at this game. I've not said anything about this topic because people don't listen and rather have unfair advantages but this isn't fair game. I know you all make your own mods that help your own play. I think its bullshit that im competing with u guys with just vanilla and the required mods like PA stats. Btw this obviously goes for all the bullshit mods that are being used, like landmines in lines, autofactory etc. It doesn't matter if the players are new or not. Im not going to withdraw but im just saying that the competition is lame because people will cheat anyway.
    rivii, andreasgg and walmartdialup like this.
  5. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

You have no clue how angry you make me by saying that. You out of all player out there urges people to play with something that gives them an unfair advantage? As you said it gives an insane advantage to the player that uses it and a tournament game between two player where one of them has it and the other one dosn't, is just so unfair. Thats not the true spirrit of a tournament. Everyone should participate on an equall term... Dont you say to me that thats what you encurrages by telling them to install this ****, cuz it isn't. This is effectively a mod that unwraps a three dimentional world. It makes the player see everything simontaniously, something you otherwise wouldn't be able to. It also stores information that it otherwis youldn't store. Don't anyone come her and tell me thats not unfair. Where is the morals? I know your motive is to help out new playes Elodea so don't take it wrong up.

I will play thithout this unfair mod and I will give everyone the same chances. If anyone decides to play with this mod and winns you should know it was not done in a fair way. It is a mod you cant expect everyone to have and it is giving such huge advantages that I cant understand in any way how anyone can deffend it or use it in good conscience. This game is about having fun not about pushing the bounderies and effectively cheating.

This is like lance armstrong winning tour de france with drugs...
    Last edited by a moderator: August 29, 2015
    rivii, mot9001 and walmartdialup like this.
  6. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

Do you have access to these said drugs? If yes, use them! Everyone's doing it!:confused:
  7. mot9001

So we should push eachother to install and develop programs that does stuff for you?
  8. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I've never used minimap mod, and even though I think it should be a standard feature within the game, it's unfair to use on ladder currently as a mod. However, that's a discussion for another thread. Let's not junk up this one.

Like i said, i'm not trying to stir things up and i hope you guys don't either. The rules are the rules and i'm going to respect quitch and exodus esports on that.

What is left is working within the framework we have. I'm just trying to make sure people are aware of the full extent of what they are allowed to do so that they don't find themselves in an unfair game taken advantage of. Without a doubt a few people would have used minimap mod for the tournament regardless of whether i said anything, and not many people would be wiser for it.

And even if exodus esports had banned minimap mod, there would be no way to enforce it. So it's really not their fault either.
    Quitch likes this.
  9. mot9001

I agree there is no way now for exodus to make sure nobody uses it. Maybe someone should make a mod to make sure none of these mods are being used.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The mini map mod is a *map*... I'd hardly call that cheating (I don't use it myself anyway as I prefer to zoom out use the pip but heh).

Edit: Let me put it another way- it would be unfair if some people had PAMM and access to customization and others didn't *however* as everyone has access to PAMM given they must have PA:Stats then what customization we chose is fair game. These tools are available to all players and all players are made aware of how to access them. I don't use hardly any mainly cause' I find most 'helpful' mods actually hinder my play, but I don't begrudge someone else using them.
  11. mot9001

There is no way a vanilla player can unfold the map into a thing that he can see entirely without moving camera or pushing many buttons.
    mered4 likes this.
  12. cdrkf

Yes but as I say, all players have access to the mod given pa stats is a prerequisite. Players choice imo.
    g0hstreaper and stuart98 like this.
  13. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

But it is not really a choice if the rule is 'either use it, or be at a disadvantage', isn't it?
  14. cdrkf

I should be playing and I play without, and I'm ranked uber. I think the advantage is over estimated.
    Elate likes this.
  15. mot9001

The advantage of 1 single mod may make you win 1 more game every 10 games, its an opinion not exact science. Still, there are more mods out there and people are making new mods every day. This all adds up. I think its not over estimated and a pretty serious advantage that decides who wins or loses sometimes. Also, just installing them wont help anyone, you got to practise with them all the time. And i don't want that, because i don't wanna let the mods get better i want the players to get better.
    rivii likes this.
  16. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Sorry CDRKF but cheating is a hot topic in the entirety of Esports at the moment with the drug Adderal as the most pressing matter. With your arguments you say, everybody has means to get adderal so if someone iss'nt using it and thus puts himself in an disadvantage should deal with it. It's Bullshit. And so does all mayor Esport organizers think.

Now Adderal is an extreme example but it breaks down to the same thing. People should play on the same playing field. Now I do agree that a lot of the mods fall in a so called "grey zone" which basicly is a zone were there are both enough arguments for as against said mod to use in tournament play.

Lets take Dom's More Pew Pew mod for example. A purely cosmetic mod BUT there is logic behind it making sure people can distinguish units faster and thus improving their speed of their play. So a perfect "grey zone" case.

IMO mods like, Auto Factory, Minimap and Free Energy are just no go's in the tourney.

Someone really should try to make a mod to break all other mods.
    jomiz likes this.
  17. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Personally I don't think it gives much of an advantage, so I won't be using it.
    gg
    burntcustard and mered4 like this.
  18. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Maybe. People just tend to react very negatively about perceived unfairness, especially if it's something challenging and stressfull. Can't say too much about PAs multiplayer, but that's usually a description that fits to RTS.
  19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Some players play better when they have had a smoke and some play better after beers. Energy drink?

There should be a mod ban list. Cause I'm pretty sure a lot of people use auto factory and the auto repeating mod. As with got build and others. Each one arguably should be in game/arguably gives advantages too.

Do feel we should make a new thread and not derail this one, or is any publicity good publicity for this thread kind of thing?
    cmdrflop and andreasgg like this.
  20. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

A new thread would be the best Idea, also forum rules :p