Planetary Annihilation: TITANS on HTC Vive at PAX this weekend

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, August 25, 2015.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, this is pretty low (any lower and I'm underground):
    low free cam.png
    Mind you, that is with the Free Camera (<Ctrl> + <Alt> + M).
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

upload_2015-8-28_3-29-12.png ................

Last edited: August 30, 2015
  3. blackwinsdk

blackwinsdk New Member

will Uber release this demo? I have a DK2 (hope it will work on it) and would love to have a look.

Why don't you make a VR Update in general? I would pay for it! Imagin you sit at home and in front of you is this giant planet you can zoom in or you have the hole Solar system in your room and can go around it. With the VR-Controller Oculus Touch you have one hand for moving the planet and zoom and the other as a normal mouse :)
    Last edited: August 28, 2015
  4. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I've often imagined a rts were your hovering over the battlefield giving move orders with your hands, would be awesome to see the whole planet spinning in front of you! I guess it would have to be specifically designed for VR to work though.
  5. blackwinsdk

blackwinsdk New Member

I dont think so for this game ... you only need to make the main Cam free. But i think its more the open cl part that wont allow it... make an update to DX12 and VR but this optional so you still can play on Linux etc.

I would pay 15€ for this lol
  6. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

People would be like:
    "OMG why do we have to pay for this? This should have been in the base game!"
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

*don't forget the free $300 headset (I mean OMG they want you to PAY for a VR headset?! I purchased this monitor 10 years ago omg money grab scam scam scam!)
    maxcomander likes this.
  8. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

You would also probably need to do some work on the ui I would imagine, to be able to use your hands instead of the mouse. Would be pretty cool though.
  9. plink

plink Active Member

How did I miss this?! This looks awesome! Would love to see some sort of new game come out of this.