TotalBiscuit on PA: Titans

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Geers, August 23, 2015.

1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

No, that's not why he gets in arguments.

I fully expect him to pick up on the pricing issue. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I honestly don't expect him to.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well "pick up the issue" isn't the problem. The question is: With what conclusion?
    I'd say the reasonable outside conclusion should be: "Uber had good intentions, but might have made a mistake when putting them into reality." or something similar.
    squishypon3, stuart98, ace63 and 4 others like this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well it's a hot subject in relation to PA atm, so I think it's something he should address imo. I mean people look to him for info on games (both good and bad). As to his position on it, who knows?
    stuart98, temeter and Gorbles like this.
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

If it is something he tackles, he would probably tackle it in-depth with a separate video.

EDIT: Which is not to say he wouldn't mention it during a 'WTF is' on PA:T but I don't think he'd sidetrack himself on that type of subject on a 'WTF is' video.

Mike
    Last edited: August 24, 2015
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

there is one thing actualy that i am concerned about that TB won't make a first impressionsvideo about pa ... since he backed pa he too gets titans for free ... now i don't know if that clashes with his principals of disclosure and eventualy potentionaly being biased negatively influencing a honest and unbiased view on the game ...
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I'm pretty sure he's done stuff he's backed before.
  7. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

It's also a question if he does it at all. In the end, it's only a big dlc.
    eagle722 likes this.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

thing is he didn't realy do any real video on it other than a early alpha video were the ai wasn't even able to build anything but merely had aa with and stood there ..
    so that wasn't representative ... like almost at all what the game is about ..

so now at least would be a good time to give a propper in depth explaination ... simply for one reason which is exposure were i personaly still think pa may had not enough of (even though steamspy salesfigures may suggest otherwise) ... weither people want to dive in afterwards is another question ...
  9. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

TB said some stuff on podcast (1:57:22) :

He seems overall positive about the game, thats good.
  10. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Starts at 1:51, actually. For a short bit between they start talking about PR of other companies though. Summary:
    • TB: Launch was 'decidedly meh'. "dull, only had 1 faction, units were only really basic"
    • TB: random tech of "galactic conquest" was an "awful idea". He was particularly annoyed when he had only land tech against an AI with navy he couldn't kill.
    • Jim: people are "yelling" at Jim Sterling to cover Planetary Annihilation (claiming lies and censorship), and he will (?) cover it, but he doesn't know what the deal is, or much about it or the genre.
    • TB: Game was lacking features, tutorial, had poor performance on launch
    • TB: Didn't even know about area commands at launch, because there was no tutorial to tell him about them.
    • TB: "This is what the game should have been when they launched it [...] it's a lot better now"
    Then he goes into talking about the current state of the game, which is positive, so that's good.
  11. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

"Back in my day" everyone skipped the tutorials and just tried to wing it! ;D
  12. nateious

nateious Active Member

I jumped straight into skirmish when I first got TA. I remember building all the various base defenses.

Ohhh Intimindator, Long Range Plasma Cannon, dunno what that is but sounds awesome.

Few min later, waa this thing is taking forever to build!

Few min later. Oh it's finally done, but it's not shooting at anything, even those close enemies over there. I thought this thing was supposed to be long range. Oh it's set to hold fire.

<sets to fire at will> Wow this thing is turning slow. It will never catch those bots. Oh it's still turning... What the heck is it aiming at? <Intimdator fires> What is it shooting at there's nothing ther... <shot goes clear across the map> Oh my god.
    ornithopterman and cola_colin like this.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Oooh loved it!
  14. Geers

I'll send him that info sheet I made again.
    stuart98 and websterx01 like this.
  15. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

That TB video is really positive. And yeah he is completely right, he went up a bit in my views today.
    stuart98, drz1 and cdrkf like this.
  16. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Free publicity! I'm actually curious to see how correct his commentary will be. He seems to try to be well informed.
  17. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

If TB is consistent about anything, it's that he is very serious about the ethics of game journalism for both the reviewers and the publishers. He understands bias, tries to be aware of it and account for it, and most importantly understands that there will always be unaccounted-for bias.

I respect that.
  18. Geers

Well I've sent him that info pack about 3 times now and he hasn't indicated that he's got it. But hopefully he'll see it and hopefully I didn't make a stupid mistake in it.
  19. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Reason I put the (?) in my summary was because this podcast actually took place a week ago, so I don't know if he's actually going to cover it.
    Here's a more recent snipet from his ask.fm:

Last edited: August 27, 2015
  20. Geers

Yeah I use ask.fm to get through to Jim. Saw that. Can't hurt to try though. At least until he snaps and yells at me.