Welcome to PA TITANS!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by jables, August 17, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Was even the absurd level difficultiy reduced? I think it would reasonable to have the highest level to be really hard.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Hardest difficulty was bat **** crazy hard though. Even I couldn't make it through more than a few games on that setting lol. That being said, that was back when there were more multi-planet systems *shrug*
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  3. cola_colin

So what? Isn't that the whole POINT of hard?
    Call it "insane" or something, but I am all for a super hard level at the end.
    As long as there are normal and very easy modes people shouldn't complain.
    ace63, tracert and Sleeser like this.
  4. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Fair enough. Easy setting was easy before. So people complaining and it being changed is a bit weird. Because of the randomness with GW the difficulty curve was more like a difficulty spaghetti, hopefully recent changes have helped in that regard :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

"difficulty spaghetti"... I like it! I think we just invented a new thing :p The best bit is all the silly food related metaphors that can be used to describe the state of a 'spaghetti' balance, all sounding impressive and insightful whilst also meaning absolutely *** all :D "The spaghetti balance was a bit Al dente"
  6. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Something I learnt in the RuneScape community is that only a minority of people complaints on the forums, because the majority enjoys their game.
  7. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

Maybe i being stupid but i want to know on wich thread hotfixes and new build will be postes. Pa? Pa titans? Both?
  8. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Could you please revert that for the highest difficulty level? It doesn't even feel like a game anymore because the ai does next to nothing. At least absurd should be really tough.
  9. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

Just tried on Absurd.

It's difficult only at start, because you don't have any tech. Only because of that. Also loadout with 2 minions is OP, because most fights is 3v1 and it's really hard to die, even of you will just go afk.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

o_o buy

EDIT:
    Sorry about the negative comment about PA dying a month ago D:

EDIT 2:
    I agree the AI level "Absurd" should at least be absurd... if you aren't good against absurd AI then that player should reconsider his/her playing level is and try to develop their skills so they can compromise a higher level AI. Same with all other games.
    Last edited: August 23, 2015
  11. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I'm the only one thinking that the sound of planets smashing in trailer is most satisfying sound on Earth?

Right here, on 1m34s.

I rewatch that part again and again.
    probodobodyne likes this.
  12. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Now I can feel involved with titans now that I just bought it!!!

Just removed the old PA shortcut and replaced it with Titans.
    Remy561 likes this.
  13. KnavishPlum

oh, uh sorry for the double post but, I think I found an annoying bug.

when ever I send any kind of unit through the teleporter, when they exit it, they automatically do a U-turn and go back around and through it again, back to the planet they came from. This makes teleporter attacks very hard to mange as the units go back through if they are not selected and redirected.
  14. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Try giving the teleporter a rally point.
  15. KnavishPlum

I can do that? I should have know that, I have been play for a least 5 mouths now. how did I not think of that.
    The reason is, I never had to do that before, usually when I used one the units went through and that was it.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The Spark is incorrectly assigned UNITTYPE_Artillery, despite it having the shortest range of any T1 unit with a gun. It should be UNITTYPE_Heavy as this tends to be where the close-range units live. Or neither as it's not really a tanky unit.

But not artillery.
  17. cola_colin

What effect does that distinction have?
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It impacts the AI. It leads to the Spark being assigned to long-range squads, and will lead to misleading results on any checks on artillery ratios.
  19. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Well now it's too easy. Even on Absurd the AI barely stands a chance even at boss fights. Can we have absurd be truly absurd please? So the absurdly overpowered buffs have a purpose. :p
    ace63 likes this.
  20. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Good work on the PA titans game :) . I already love it Uber team. Here is my feedback for now. Make sure to pass it on @mkrater or @jables

I love the design of the titans ( my favorites are the orbital Helios and the Atlas ofcourse). Also the orbital battleship is awesome and I think thats a design that could be build upon. I just became an even bigger fan of steve and his art team.

I love the new explosions and effects. It adds so much more awesome ( scathis should know). I do have however have a few issues with some of the new effects. Its really hard to see some of the projectiles flying over my screen. I recommend redoing some of the projectile effects because sometimes I really have no clue if something is shooting me or not. I think my eyes are fine though

• The grenadiers projectiles are very hard to see. The thing is that its kinda important too see those projectiles since you can dodge those projectiles quite easy.
    • Naval also got some projectile effects but these are also really hard to see from a normal viewing distance. Sometimes I truly have no idea if I'm getting shot at or not. I like sleek lines too but this is just too sleek/thin for me.
    • The dox projectile could also be given an upgrade in visibility and the same goes for t1 tanks. You can dodge these projectiles quite good in the titans game but at the moment its tricky to see if I'm dodging them or not.
    The spark projectile for instance is very well made in readability (the looks of it too btw). I really recommend keep that kind of visibily in projectiles. Same goes for the rocket projectile (the stinger and gorilla robot).

Some bugs that I've noticed.
    • Torpedo's from subs will try to shoot down squalls (you know, those pesky fly's from the typhoon).
    • Same goes for the GIL-E. Its quite funny how they'll try to shoot down aircrafts and fail XD.
    • In team games if you select a spawn it still shows the button start annihilation (if a teambuddy hasn't selected their spawns). This still can be quite confusing for new players cause "I already selected my spawn! go away button".
    • If you remove the viewing of the icons and exit the game and start a new game you'll miss those same icons and you won't have a way to get them back (you'll need to restart pa).
    • There are some bugs with the hotkey system. I have to investigate this further but sometimes I want to build a factory with a fabber but it'll deselect something (probably something with my hotkey setup but I never ran into this issue before). I'll let you know if I got something.
    • The replay list takes a shitton of time to load up.
    • Chronocam tends to get stuck sometimes? I notice that the whole server gets stuck since my chat message won't even get through after the game. Chronocam won't replay the game where I select it. Haven't seen this problem in checking replays. Only when reviewing a game after I've played it.
    Now some suggestions which I'm sure you have on a todo list somewhere. Still I thought I'd mention these cause it would improve the game a lot.
    • Selection boxes are tiny. Sometimes its really hard to select a specific unit because of that tiny selection box. can't there be a hook with the icons somewhere instead of with the actual unit.
    • The air layer could use somekind of predicting thingy in height. Kiwi mentioned this before and its getting more and more obvious with the new CSG's that this is something thats really needed. Its kinda stupid to see me planes flying against mountains and plateaus and slowly trying to increase height to be able to fly over it.
    • Maybe there should also be a fixed turret angle on some units? I noticed on lock for instance that units can shoot upwards pretty well. Makes use of artillery less important (and specifically on lock I thought grenadiers would do well because of this but with the nerf of grenadiers and units shooting upwards pretty good it kinda isn't).
    • Combat fabricators should have there own selection group like fabricators! I want them to reclaim corpses and if I want to add em to an army then I'll put em there manually.
    About the maps.
    • I love how lock looks and plays. A nice quick solid 1v1 map.
    • Same goes for Clutch. Though I'm not sure about the fairness of the map. @mot9001 has mentioned this. Again not sure about it and I can't really tell why its not fair (because of the back sections close to the water I think). I will if I really find issues.
    • Crag is a cool looking map however I have one issue with this map and that is readability. Its kinda hard to see where the edges of the CSG's are in the dark side of the planet. Thats kinda annoying since there is some crowded csg placement in that map between you and the opponent.
    • Bedlam could use some work in metal placement. At the moment this map is I think one of the hardest maps to play and thats basically because of the metal placement. Right now this map favours air dominance big time. You start with four metals which isn't much and the other metals are far away from your spawn (and spread out) so if you screw up early on you'll get contained quickly and its gg. I think there should be a safer expansion somewhere more close to the spawn so that you can afford to make mistakes. Though if you had the idea of this kind of map and playstyle all along then I'll shut up.
    Maybe you went a bit overboard with CSG placement here and there since most maps tend to have this crowded feel. However I think its balancing on the edge of playability and thus I'd keep em like this since it gives more variation to the map pool (its a lot of work changing it anyway).

I also like the choice of some balance changes (not all but I ain't going to post about that here). Overall I like titans a lot and it already is pretty well polished. I didn't really noticed annoying pathing issues. Oh wait I do! if you have normal tanks and hover tanks in an army then the hover tanks won't go over water. That means that I need to micro my hover tanks out of an army if I want them to go over lakes and the non hover army around it. Thats extra work and I tend to be lazy from time to time.

Good stuff!

Actually if you compare it to the other t1 bots then I think its pretty tanky.