AI Bugged?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Bbrink1996, August 21, 2015.

1. Bbrink1996

Bbrink1996 New Member

First let me say Titans is awesome and I love it and I hope Uber will continue to support Titans with future content etc.

Also, this is my experience with bots on normal difficulty level, I don't know whether this also happens in higher difficulty levels.

So the problem i'm having is the AI doesn't really put up a fight. It builds as small base with some factories, energy plants and metal extractors that are nearby but it never expands it's base or builds a fighting force. The only thing it build in defense was 2 laser towers and 1 AA and 1 hover tank to take out my skitters that were keeping an eye on him before I got sattelites but the problem seems to be that the AI doesn't seem to know what to do.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but it seems weird to be like this even on normal difficulty level.

And no, the AI wasn't set on idle. :p
  2. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Yes, I've seen this on my normal Galactic Wars too, it just makes the game too boring. I Always dig in my bases very fast in with tons of defensers around me, where I normally have non stop "parties". The best thing I've seen so far was an air scout flying over the lake next to my base.
  3. Matster

Matster Active Member

The normal difficulty level has been tuned down since there were tones of people complaining for it to be to hard to play against. If you wan't a challenge play on highest setting.
  4. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

Hmmm, that might be it. Was able to win every match on GW and skirmis mode within minutes because of the AI only building a couple of factories, a small force but not expanding. Was quite fun to annihalazer an entire solar system for a 7th time though ^_^
  5. Bbrink1996

Bbrink1996 New Member

I guess that might be it. I found it weird the AI wasn't expanding even a little bit so I thought maybe it was bugged. :p
  6. sevmek

sevmek Active Member

7. dreadnought808

dreadnought808 Member

Aye, I too looked into this upon noticing a drop in difficulty.
    On Normal, the AI commander does not even flee- he only starts doing this on hard.
    So unless you're looking for easy wins, I'd highly recommend going for at least hard.
  8. glexn

glexn New Member

I'm wondering if it's a bug too... In PA I was mid my second ever galactic war, and the AI on relentless was giving me trouble. Not a lot, but was challenging enough. This time, I'm doing it on uber and haven't had my base attacked yet. I don't even have to do anything, really. Once I get two aerobuilders, I just order them to build extractors on the whole planet, and the AI rarely interrupts them. In each match it has sent out only one metal raiding party. Maybe it's not as good at seeing gaps in patrol paths? Or whatever it does. At least on uber the commander runs away fairly well.

Could this have something to do with having Quitch's Queller AI installed?
    Last edited: August 22, 2015
  9. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

AI started to build invasion titan after it was alone in the planet for like 30 mins. With 3-4 orbital fabs, without defences. It also ignored gas giant.

Relentless AI, near to the second faction leader.