Also feeling a little disheartened

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TehOwn, August 18, 2015.

1. thompsonshunter

thompsonshunter New Member

It doesn't even seem worth it. Spending another few hours trying to make sure every other game works with a beta driver for the 980ti over PA is just not something i'm investing time into. I have skyrim running every decent mod without one hickup. GTA, Mordor, all run great. I bought a digital deluxe version to find out I'm now "Classic". It's just all a bad taste in my mouth. I just uninstalled. Good luck to the dev's, hope you find a better future out in kirkland.
  2. scottjames

scottjames Member

I payed a hundred dollars for this game..for the kickstarter ... I thought all us backers was to suppose to get expansion free? What gives. I mean really i payed the alpha all the way to its current state.. And i'm still missing my evictous commanders.. Geez. And please don't tell me am not i ... pay pal will confirm it. SO MAN UP!! and do the right thing
  3. whiskeyninja

whiskeyninja Member

E-mail support@uberent

A few backers slipped through the cracks.
    stuart98, Nicb1 and squishypon3 like this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

If your a KS backer you will get Titans for free. As @whiskeyninja says if all else fails email support.

Also are you running on Steam or using the Uber launcher? If the latter, try verifying the game and *logging in via the launcher* rather than launching via PAMM (I initially did the latter and went into classic mode, launching via the main launcher recognized me and upgraded to Titans for free).
  5. lautre

lautre New Member

hey, i din't paid 90€, but i got the game in EA and here why i'm not happy :

PA have improvements / fixes which PA don't have

and also
    according a post i've read

infos about a thing that we don't have (belong to Better notifications and sound alerts ??) :

and what else i am missing ? idk

this is a paid patch, pay to get latest fixes, balance and enhancements : pay to get the final version and only 11 months after the "release" (which is stil bugged, incomplete and not optimized (only 14% of steam players have more than 8GB of ram), i've played only few hours because i was waiting for the release and to get the latest patches and now if i want to play u need to pay (i'm not going to play an version without the latest improvementsand fixes!)

it's why i am whinning so much, you understand ? now tell me i'm wrong please... i used to like the game in the past but all this sound like a scam in my head

PS i don't care about titans or the additionnals units, this is a DLC, ok i have no problem with it.
    Ps2 i've tried to use my best english
    Last edited: August 21, 2015
    eagle722 likes this.
  6. Pandaram

Pandaram New Member

Wow. Tell us how you really feel yeah? So.... **** steam users? yenno. MOST of your playerbase?

Holy **** dude, now I've seen it all. You uh. You hide in this corner with your KS backers. Pretend nothing is going on outside.

I just. I can't.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I don't think you've read the disclaimer in my signature. I am not an employee of Uber.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You must be delusional if you don't think Steam forums are of questionable atmosphere at best.
    stuart98 and kayonsmit101 like this.
  9. cdrkf

Actually I played classic PA last night to check and you'd be surprised- Uber did a big patch to PA when they launched Titans.

The patch includes a lot of the same things:
    - The graphics improvements are in
    - So are the new sounds and notifications
    - Updates to the UI
    - All the 'under the hood' changes also.

What you don't get: The balance changes (confirmed by @jables on the basis that the new balance in Titans revolves around the new units, since they don't exist in original PA it doesn't make sense to change other units to account for something that isn't there), the new units and stuff from Titans.

Where the terrain is concerned, I'm going to have to investigate when I have time, but given PA and Titans share exactly the same engine I have a feeling the new terrain CSG's may well be available in the system designer, even if the new maps aren't included (just a hunch, it's been confirmed that the new path finding that accounts for the new terrain is in both games so it *should* work).

I also had confirmation from Jables yesterday that they are working on proper patch notes for both games, so hopefully we can confirm more clearly what is and isn't included but to be clear- PA got a good chunk of the improvements that Titans got, which I tested and proved for myself last night :)
    stuart98, proeleert and Geers like this.
  10. Geers

Several of the improvements were also added to vanilla PA. But I don't think there's a changelog yet.
  11. lautre

lautre New Member

PA:T is only the /pa_ex1 folder ? and everything else have been merged in both game ?

if it's the case, i will not complain anymore

maybe the changelogs were not clear enough for me
    Last edited: August 21, 2015
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

That's because the notes haven't been given to us yet haha
    stuart98 and dom314 like this.
  13. hoot14

hoot14 New Member

Mate the petition you have signed is basically the equivalent of flipping Uber off. I'm willing to take a bet there are at least 1,200 idiots in this god forsaken Earth of ours that can't really see the bigger picture. I just don't think you guys quite understand how much time and money it takes to code this and give it back to the community. I mean I could see you guys bitching over it being 20 30 or even 60 dollars but when it's only 13? come on guys, it's clear they just want to make their money back so they can continue to pump this stuff out. In fact I'm picturing in my mind jables reading through these comments after releasing this great addition thinking, "yeah **** you too."

Come on guys, it's 13 dollars pay it. I paid $100 when it was released on steam 3 years ago big woop. If I have to pay 13 dollars to get the game I wanted so be it. I think all of you are confusing a small indie company for some grand corporate masterminds like EA. They can't afford not to make a profit, hell I wouldn't surprise if they almost went bankrupt in the process.

PS. Great job Uber, love to see more cool updates in the future.

~Active/loyal Planetary Annihilation player CaptainDemocracy
    cdrkf and badfucatus like this.
  14. avatar100400

This thread is great to read and eat popcorn.
    The community the Game and the attitude demonstrated even by those
    who i thought were smarter to worked in 3D/Game Development is hilariously bad.

Its takes 15 pages of bitching and moaning and i haven't seen people address posts with legit
    Gripes and critic and feedback its all being nit picking of specific things.

Did nobody read this or use any logic?.If i laughed anymore it would hurt

To quote Tanksy

1. They still haven't finished PA. It still runs like a bucket of rust, still has numerous bugs and unfinished content.
    2. They said to the backers that there would be no paid-for updates, which is exactly what they are doing. It's a content update, or a bug-fix patch, which they are charging money for.
    3. I don't want to spend a further amount of money on the game I've spent $200 on already, and not seen any of my promised rewards.
    4. Uber have demonstrated a clear disregard for what they originally agreed upon with the people who made their game possible. The backers which they apparently "Listened to". They might of listened to us, in the very first stages of development - when we all agreed there wouldn't be experimental units or mega-bots. But even then, they've changed their minds. Why?

TITANS is entirely a further cash-grab, milking the game for more money and in return offering us a handful of units and features that should of been in the base game, had they followed through with their statements and promises. I spent $200 on the spiritual successor to Total Annihilation, and what I got was Supreme Commander 3: "Even worse than 2!" edition.

Surely you can understand the frustration people are having with the developers shady antics?
  15. avatar100400

PA Crashes a lot even for me someone who plays it a ton and do you know why myself and
    many others don't bother posting to the Forums for support because its rare it helps or fixes it for that long.
    4 Cpu's 6-7 Gpu's varying amounts of ram and both SSD storage and HDD storage and the game
    runs like crap and will crash.If this wasn't the case why would stream reviews turn so negative?.

But please keep on showing that Bias and assuming things and going oh well i can play fine you must be work.
  16. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Is it wrong for me to like something that others don't like?
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. Geers

"Yes you fggt" - Internet.
    stuart98 and igncom1 like this.
  18. cdrkf

Well my experience with Titans is that it isn't running as smoothly as PA:Original, especially in the late game (FPS drop more quickly since the expansion). That said I'm sure Uber will tweak this with a patch or 2 quite quickly.

As for crashing, maybe I'm lucky as I've run PA on a total of 4 different configs without running into major crashes (especially client side). These are: My laptop (first gen i5, 8gb ram and GT 420m gpu, plays well on low graphics), my old desktop: Phenom II X3, 4gb ram and GTX 560 (the 4gb ram was a real pain so I had issues with large maps, but aside from that ran reasonably, though the slow processor made it slow late game). Tested briefly on one of my work machines (A10 5700, 8gb ram using integrated gpu, ran ok on low but didn't really play properly on this machine, was just experimenting as someone in support couldn't get game working on the same APU: edit, we subsequently got that sorted), and finally my current main machine (FX 8320, 8gb ram, R9 280 gpu).

What I will say, I have encountered various edge cases that lead to server crashes in big games. 1 v 1 I don't remember having a crash ever, but in the larger games certain things can kill the server (recently I was speccing a game with an incoming asteroid smash, the opposing team had got a gate on the asteroid just before it launched and were pushing to kill the engines. They killed them just as the asteroid was at it's *closest* to the sun, resulting in a server crash due to the planet not being allowed to orbit that close).

What I would say, is the game is definitely perfectly playable, and having played all the previous games in the series the fact the game gets slow towards the end game doesn't' surprise me (trust me this was a massive issue with TA and SupCom as well). Maybe some players aren't used to a game running slowly on modern hardware so are far more sensitive to slow downs than me? I mean that's fair enough, what I think isn't fair are the people who claim on seam 'game doesn't' work' without so much as asking for help. 9 times out of 10 the 'can't launch' bugs are just people not updating their gpu drivers, which is hardly Uber's fault.
  19. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

It's about timing, not price. If you backed the kickstarter you get a present, lucky you.

If they wanna show conditional generosity, it's their right to do that with their own product, anyone else is losing literally zero value, the fact that someone else got it for free is a detriment to you in no way whatsoever. Thinking otherwise would be, well, 'nonsense'. Are you really advocating that no one should be allowed to be generous ever because it's 'not fair'?

Next time I'm thinking of sponsoring a child in Africa, I'll remember how 'unfair' it would be if I only sponsored one child. If I can't afford to sponsor literally every single child in the system, then I should just not sponsor any at all, wouldn't wanna be 'unfair' now.
    Last edited: August 25, 2015
    DalekDan, MrTBSC and Geers like this.
  20. thetbc

thetbc Member

I would love to see more content and they should make it free too so it doesn't split the community.