We need YOU on the steam forums

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, August 19, 2015.

1. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Anyways, that's how it worked out.

Attached Files:

Corgiarmy likes this.
  2. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

We need wisdom, and clarity in these trying times...

@Nosebreaker

I summon thee!

the nosebreaker likes this post.....
  3. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

I don't believe that the internet is making people stupider, because people have always been fairly gullible and prone to mob actions.

Instead, I believe the internet allows the opportunity for people to create geographically diversified mobs anytime on any topic. Another serious problem is that this situation gets worse as it happens more and more, and no one who participates faces negative repercussions.
    cola_colin likes this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's also the disconnect between attacker and victim. I am quite certain most of the worst trolls on the steam forums, if put in front of the developers in reality, would suddenly not be able to spout all that nonsense with a straight face anymore.
  5. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

One passionate person does not equal two votes. I have been voting on steam, but it's a futile effort. I need a hundred or so to make a difference.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. cola_colin

Yeah the difference in the number of posts on the negative and positive posts is very weird.
    If they want to spam the system then why don't the downvote positive posts? Would there be some downside for them to that?!
    mered4 likes this.
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

My review went from ~80% helpful at around 100 votes to ~50% at 500 less than an hour later.

I'm really not sure that's normal (having no experience with such things) but I can't say it isn't suspicious.
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

They surely are doing that. There are some good positive reviews sitting in the 28% helpful range. By doing that, the mob keeps the positive reviews under the radar.
    cdrkf, stuart98 and mered4 like this.
  10. cola_colin

Yeah but the positive reviews maybe have a few dozen votes. The negative reviews are in the THOUSANDS xD
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

Because the positive reviews are already under the radar.

When new positive ones get into the top "most helpful" reviews, they've been getting downvoted until they are replaced with a negative one.
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. cola_colin

I guess the trolls are too lazy to even go through all reviews to vote on them...
    mered4 likes this.
  13. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Just played a ranked game, okay a couple of crashes (we are still talking hours after release!). It was a load of fun, ragnaroked the planet! Big tip, not a good idea...
    mered4 likes this.
  14. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

It is interesting to think that this is basically like a digital riot. No reason, no rhyme, ultimately it will hurt the very thing they claim to be angry about (this game). It's just a fire fueling itself.
  15. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

Ya. Like I said, that forum needs serious moderation.

Not necessarily ban-hammers, and definitely not deleted threads unless they're only attacking people, but some moderators who will keep conversations civil as well as post facts about things in order to keep the misinformation from spreading as much.

Right now, that forum resembles the scene in Disney's Pinnochio on Pleasure Island. Just a bunch of kids wreaking havoc with no control at all.
  16. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It's the Baltimore riots all over again. Except this time they're not burning down their own sources of food, they're getting banned Kappa
    Corgiarmy likes this.
  17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

And yes, it's not normal. My crappy review for original PA still had a 59% agreeannce ratio. It's nothing but trolls downvoting the positive reviews, nothing but trolls unless they're all much worse than my PA review.

@jables Is this something that Uber could get valve to look into?
    Nicb1 likes this.
  18. avstah

avstah New Member

@philoscience
    I'm still waiting on you to answer for that horrible excuse for a post you made.

"These are people who spent more money than they should have on early access and simply cannot accept the fault for their own terrible decision making."
    Elate likes this.
  19. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Yeah I stand by that, it's a pretty obvious explanation. Don't tag me in posts, go away. Or rather, i'll just add you to the ever growing ignore list.
  20. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

I do upvote good reviews, the thing is titans was only out 1 day and the top reveiw allready had nearly 2000 upvotes all of the other reveiws the guy had done had maybe 20 votes at most.
    Last edited: August 23, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.