We need YOU on the steam forums

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, August 19, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the really bad part is how the steam review system decides they are the most "helpful" because a horde of trolls votes them up.
    ace63, Bsport, xanoxis and 1 other person like this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The entire argument makes no sense.
    No one is *better* than anyone else - KS guys just took a much bigger risk than the EA players. Sorry.
    Bsport and cdrkf like this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Which is abusing the refund system, they can be banned for that.
    stuart98, ace63, cdrkf and 1 other person like this.
  4. cola_colin

oh really? report them! report them now!
    ryan375, stuart98, Corgiarmy and 6 others like this.
  5. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I had one crash, the game froze completely about an hour in (hurr durr my fault for not saving) and I was right on the verge of winning, I was a little heated - but that was it, so far.
  6. mutrumbo

mutrumbo Member

Wait, you're saying you don't have permissions to lock threads or temporarily ban Steam users in either the PA or PA: Titans Steam forums?

That doesn't seem right as I've seen developers in other forums do that. Surely, a tagged game developer has at least the same permissions a Steam community moderator (such as SXX) has in the community forum for their own game.

If not, maybe another member of the Uber team has higher permissions. Who made SXX a moderator once upon a time? meshelleee? Whoever did that should have enough permissions to do something more than pinning threads.

Regards
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

A modern myth. ^^
  8. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Wholly **** I thought this forum was bad. **** that. Half those people are anti uber and the other half $13 is the end of the world.
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Last edited: August 20, 2015
  10. cola_colin

11. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

wilhelmvx and killerkiwijuice like this.
  12. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

13. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

14. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Unfortunately they won't steam report's that something like 98% reviews are positive yet all the top reviews (i.e. the first ones that pop up when you go to the store page) are all negative. The reason there always at the top is because a lot of people have rated the review.

I'm lucky if 5-10 even read my review so this is probably being done deliberately. I think if this is provable we might be able to get valve to do something about it as really it's an abuse of the review system.

Proving it may be hard though....
    stuart98, mered4 and Corgiarmy like this.
  15. mered4

It might not be hard for them - I'm sure they've got all the statistics behind who does what where. They could just check and see where the majority of the downvotes are coming from - if it's just a single source or a group of bots they could get it fixed.
  16. lautre

lautre New Member

Wait, you don't realize that the thousands of upvotes on negatives reviews are angry people ?
    For you all is OK and it's a conspiracy ? lol..
  17. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

If Valve tampered with the votes then this would undermine the whole system.
  18. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

There is bound to be people upset. People get upset about everything literally. There are bugs and issues and I believe that most of these will be fixed by uber. But seriously these reviews! Reading the negative reviews most people have played less then 2 hours. How can you honestly review a game like pa after 2hrs or less of game time. Some of these people are probably upset they are not uber skilled after playing an hour or two. Tbh some of the reviews seem to be written out of frustration rather than actually reviewing the game fairly.
    mered4 likes this.
  19. mered4

If someone tampered with the system by purposely skewing it into the negative, it's broken already.
    They could be. I've only met one of those people, and he had legitimate concerns after I cut through the pricing bullshit. He's much more satisfied with the game now that I've educated him.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

"purposely skewing it into the negative"? You have the ability to upvote the positive reviews too. If you choose not to vote then you can't complain. The negative people obviously feel more passionate about this than the positive.