Also feeling a little disheartened

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TehOwn, August 18, 2015.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

"But I won't explain why because reasons".
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

We call it original PA, jas as people called it O:TA when the core contingency released.
  3. thompsonshunter

thompsonshunter New Member

I just did, even though I have no reason to reply to insinuations and hypothicals about my financial standing. I kind of like to know what i'm buying when I buy it. I like to know I have to have $13 more within the next month to spend. The lies that have been spread are astounding, yet not one of you have successfully addressed the moral and ethical violations of the consumers of these products yet. Feel free to continue trying in vain.
  4. thompsonshunter

Right, it's been called both in the last 12 hours. 12 hours later and it's junkware.
  5. squishypon3

You don't need to pay to continue playing PA, you own PA, not PA:T.

There's an entirely seperately released Call of Duty sent out yearly as well, a new Battlefield every year or so released, etc...

It's really not that unheard of.

Supcom 1 came out on February 16, 2007 and Supcom FA came out November 6, 2007. That's not even a year! Why aren't you angry at that?
    Geers likes this.
  6. squishypon3

7. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Good, good, let the hate flow through you! (sorry I felt like going there)

No offense to anyone but this thread isn't going anywhere. The majority of this thread hasn't been a constructive conversation.

We should make it who can find the best PA or PA Titan gif. Just to lighten the mood.
    igncom1 likes this.
  8. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

If you use obscure references to the origins of certain pieces of English literature that revolve around class warfare and social standing, you're going to get called out when the obvious allusion is with regards to class warfare.

Not the "effect of words". If you want people to understand you better, you need to explain yourself better.

Instead of being intentionally-vague and then acting like everyone else is being dumb.

You're the one who brought up your computer as an excuse in the first place. You don't get to complain when people call you out about it.

I have 8GB of RAM and I can run the new version of PA (with the TITANS content locked at the moment, unfortunately) absolutely fine. You bought at $1,700 computer and you didn't shell out an extra $100 or so for more RAM.

I'm beginning to think, given your attitude and how much you like insulting people in this thread, that you're simply lying about all of this.

16GB of RAM is £70 / $110 (for this product). 8GB of RAM of the same product is less than half of that (£38). If you spent $1,700 on a new computer, and you couldn't even allocate 1/17th of that on RAM?

What did you even build? Why are you blaming Uber for your purchasing decisions? Uber do not have to give you warning to release an expansion. Uber do not have to cater to your personal needs.

Your entire line of logic is faulty, and when pressed on it you turn to insults and misdirection involving English literature.

To get back to basics, what precisely, in a sentence, is your issue with TITANS?
    Geers likes this.
  9. thompsonshunter

Does that make it all okay? They did it, must not be so bad, right? Look where GAS is now, eh?

I still don't own Supcom FA. My Supcom1 disk is on the shelf. Supcom FA still contained a massive amount of content. Supcom 1 was finished. PA is NOT finished. It still crashes on a GTX980TI. Supcom 2 was so bad, I didn't buy it, played the demo though. Horrible, then the company died. Same will happen to Uber, and we are all back at square one.
  10. squishypon3

Supcom barely ran for anyone upon release.

Edit: you're letting Nostalgia power over facts.
  11. Geers

What lies!? What "ethical violations"!? How is PA not "finished"!?

They said we were going to get an RTS with multiple planets and a lot of robots. What we got was an RTS with multiple planets and a lot of robots. No, the launch wasn't fantastic but what exactly is the game MISSING that was STATED BY THE DEVS AND NEVER CANCELLED?

And just because you don't own Forged Alliance doesn't mean you get to ignore its implications. It was an expandalone for a game that was released mere months earlier. It added a bunch of stuff and improved some things in the background. GEE DOESN'T THAT SOUND FAMILIAR.

If you're having trouble with your graphics card then update your drivers and if that doesn't work GO LOOK AT THE SUPPORT FORUMS like a normal person instead of calling a game "unfinished" because some people have issues with a graphics card that wasn't even on the market when the game came out.
  12. Gorbles

PA crashing on a 980 Ti isn't necessarily Uber's fault. More likely nVidia need to release an updated set of drivers. Have you tried their beta release?

I'm running the game on a 660 Ti (3GB), and it ran well enough on Windows 8, 8.1 and now Windows 10. I currently have the best stable FPS since I started playing the game in Alpha (before it came to Steam).
  13. squishypon3

Yeah, I run the game perfect find on I believe a 600 or 700 series (bought my computer used and can't remember the exact card I'm using- but it's definitely a bit older by now), 16GB RAM, and an i5 processor.
  14. thompsonshunter

My god. Have, have you not been paying attention? What form of english do you need? Did, did you just ask me to summarize pages of this debate for you? Why should I give $13 more (after a large purchase anyways) to stay up with current multiplayers in a game that isn't a year old yet? Why should I reward a dev that has lied? Why should the community support a dev that is throwing the good name of TA under the bus? Why can't you comprehend what we are saying?
  15. Gorbles

Because you went off talking about your $1,700 computer (with only 8GB of RAM) as a reason for not being able to afford a $13 expansion.

I've been paying perfect attention.

Other people have pointed out how other games waited less than a year to release an expansion. You seem to have ignored them.

Where have the developers lied?

How are the developers throwing a game they do not developer or publish (TA) under a bus?

You are stating these things as facts, despite not clarifying any of them. I asked you for clarification, and not the thread at large. Stop saying "we", because I am talking to you. For someone harping on about "forms of English", you're having a great deal of trouble answering simple questions.
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If anything this whole shitstorm makes me believe people really do NOT WANT any sort of TA or FA successor to be made. Unless it's for free at least. Because in reality if such a game will be made it will cost money to make and there is no big publisher to pay for it for very visible reasons. I mean who would invest into a game knowing there is a group of people determined to crush any developer who works on it?
  17. Geers

No really what lies? And how in the name of Kepler's Laws are they "throwing the good name of TA under a bus" when they literally DO NOT HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHTS TO THE NAME?
  18. jables

jables Uber Employee

I'm excited to see the first good free to play rts actually :) I've thought a lot on it over the last 5 or so years and still can't come up with a good design for it that feels right. Curious to see someone pull it off.
    aevs, squishypon3, Gorbles and 4 others like this.
  19. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

Let's be honest there have been waaaaay more personal attacks then just that.

Just saying.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yes there have. Let's try to speak up against them.
    stuart98, squishypon3 and cdrkf like this.