Also feeling a little disheartened

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TehOwn, August 18, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Not true actually- players with Titans can see and join games on Classic. You have to pay the extra if *you want the new stuff they are charging for*. Aside from that, engine updates and bug fixes will still apply to classic PA as well, the multi player still works and is integrated with the new game (just classic players can't see / join Titans games).
  2. thompsonshunter

thompsonshunter New Member

Do you think new players are going to waste time with us lowly EA backers or Finished Product guys? With our Year old PA? So from now on, I have to expect new players to play an older version of the same game without the choice to just purchase the original we were suckered into? What about tournaments? What about ladders? A year out and all of that requires payment to Uber.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Well log in and find out. Titan has only been out for less than 48 hours. Stop rubbing your face on the Mayan calendar and start checking to see if what you're saying actually has any merit.
  4. thompsonshunter

Remeber this a few months from now. They are great at alienating their base.
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Nah. Whining, entitled brats like you are not the base. Paying customers who love this expansion are the base. Everyone on the Realm TS loves this expansion and understands uber has to actually make money to support the game.
    Corgiarmy likes this.
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Can I borrow your time machine and see for myself?

Go look at what happened to Supreme Commander when Forged Alliance came out and if everything went to ****, then you win.
    xanoxis, lapsedpacifist and Nicb1 like this.
  7. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You chose to empty your savings.

Uber has no requirement to cater to you specifically, just because you chose to invest in a new PC. Your lack of funds isn't an excuse, because your lack of funds is self-inflicted.

You are not living in poverty. Please stop acting like you are, and you somehow deserve more from Uber because of it.
    xanoxis and Geers like this.
  8. thompsonshunter

You folks are ruining the video game market for Total Annihilation. You've sullied the name. I am ashamed.
  9. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

No way. I played TA for years, loved it, came here for it, and love PA and PA:T. See how opinions work?
    xanoxis, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  10. ecervele

ecervele Member

I don't care, if I look foolish as long as if those who act like this understand how much they look stupid behaving as they are...

By the way, I don't think this Titan is a scam or so, I find it worth it and I can understand why can people complain about PA: Titan, but to bash it the way it's bashed, it's a freaking non sense... Espacilly when you see people yelling at complety opposed things and most of the time without verifying it... So when I see people doing this, I can't help myself but to troll them...

And Poe's Law, I can bear it but, it's so true...
    cdrkf and philoscience like this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'd be careful on that one... The reason big publishers won't support rts games anymore is they believe there is no money to be made and the games cost a ton to make.

The attitude of 'I should get this for free' kinda makes their point for them. I personally only really enjoy two genres of games: rts and space sim, neither get much support these days however thankfully kickstarter has helped resurrect both genres.

I just don't get why people can't see that PA original was unique and very impressive given its budget.

PA titans adds to that and for a pretty reasonable price. I guess yes the classic game will decline, though I quite like the simplicity of the original so personally I'd play classic games still I can't speak for everyone. Thing is though I'd rather uber stayed in business and produced more great new rts content than went bust (the failure of HR resulted in lots of layoffs, this isn't a big firm milking the players like EA releasing a big game with masses of dlc on launch day).
  12. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Because Supcom FA is so many years old, if course it runs better! Do you not remember how absolutely terrible Supcom 1 ran when it was released? :L
    ecervele, Bsport, temeter and 2 others like this.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I could not play 1v1 without massive lags.
    I still loved it.
    temeter, Nicb1 and squishypon3 like this.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Heeeey now, no need for insults. They haven't insulted us.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yep please don't get enraged by this.

thompsonshunter, many month ago during the 90$ drama people said the same thing. Nothing changed since then and nothing Uber can do will change it.
    temeter and cdrkf like this.
  16. thompsonshunter

Pure delusional thinking here.
  17. thompsonshunter

This game is a year old and you are all calling it classic PA like some car... like "That there is my 63 Bonneville..." My god people. Have not one of you read 1984, Animal Farm? Noam Chomsky anyone? Jesus.
  18. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Brilliant counterpoint.

EDIT:

Oh wow you're bringing up literature in the vein of class-based warfare to apply to a video game that you can't afford because you spent $1,700 dollars on a computer.

This is why I presume at least some of people complaining are simply trolls looking for drama.
    cdrkf and ecervele like this.
  19. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Dam it was a dog, let alone without the dam dsync, no just reconnecting to a game like PA can do.
  20. thompsonshunter

No, no not at all. It's the use of words to effect the meaning and the nature of the debate. Noam Chomsky goes on about this forever, and it was all started with George Orwell... But, that was lost on you. Wow.

So you want me to reply about my computer? Okay I will, when I bought PA, I didn't think I would have to continue buying their product to play multiplayer for the years to come. Sorry, Not as advertised. I bought a finished game, where new players would be able to replace those that have left. On top of that, I'm still 4gbs RAM short on memory for recommended. After $1700, 8Gigs isn't enough for the "new" titan nonsense. So there, When they throw a new standalone out without notice, and I haven't worked it into my budget to continue with this game, I'm truely sorry I can't trust Uber anymore.
    Last edited: August 20, 2015