Titans is AWESOME! Great work Uber!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by philoscience, August 18, 2015.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Wow, just when I thought I was totally done with PA, you release an awesome expansion. Experimentals, hovertanks, new game modes, and nearly 21 new units. The experimentals really add character to PA which it sorely needed. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Thanks Uber!!
  2. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

So am I. REALLY nice work!
    I was having a headache this afternoon but then I saw the post and the promotional video and it went away. True stroy :)
    devoh, cdrkf, radongog and 1 other person like this.
  3. castortroy99

castortroy99 New Member

This was such a good surprise. I'm kind of glad their other kickstarter didn't go through. I want Planetary Annihilation to be their flagship game and I want them to continue to improve it making it one of the greatest rts games of all time.
  4. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

The system editor also looks set to revolutionise the way maps are made
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

This would have happened even if KS would have succeeded. It honestly was a different team (most of whom are no longer with us after the fail).
    Quitch, n00n, cwarner7264 and 10 others like this.
  6. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Well, "like it" doesn´t fit in quite well, but your answer is the only correct one so... :)
    ...the sad thing is that nearly everybody on the forums did know exactly this, but the public imagery was just so incredibly different!

Please, do yourself a favor for next Kickstarter: Don´t try to do what you just did here, doing a surprise release!
    It was awesome for PA:T, but it would be a calamity for a new Kickstarter---the discussions have to be through before the campaign starts!
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Too bad, still miss some of those old guys :(
    devoh, cwarner7264, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  8. eeyrjmr

eeyrjmr Member

I liked the look of the other kickstart
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

1st: This thread got way to few contributions measured how awesome this update is!
    2nd: The update is already awesome at launch, this is something we couldn´t expect (no, this isn´t intended to sound nasty, although it does...) ---therefor it receives even more celebration!
    3rd:
    Let us pray Uber will be able to pick some of them up again for a second attempt on Human Resources...
  10. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Remy561, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Kids say the darndest things, don't they Jables? By kids, I mean that growing old is mandatory yet growing up is optional.

Did you know the Mighty No. 9 company is getting a lot of the same issues with Red Ash? It is a shame, people don't realize asset developers and program developers are entirely different things, if you don't start a new project then you have to let the startup people go which is a damn shame considering their potential to create good work. I tell them the same thing on the GetMeOffTheMoon livestreams, that the bugfixing in netcode for MN9 and it's delay, is not in any way affected by Red Ash since it's startup engine code and art assets.

How is a dev drawing ****, going to fix netcode? They are as good as gone if there isn't an early project to work on when their last project is in the "late" stages. People need to get real with the industry and expectations...

Now, people may get sensitive with things I say, sometimes I feel they work themselves up to that point, like people with Donald Trump's ****, but honest to goodness, I feel like I at least have a profoundly enlightened view on the good and the bad. What I have just said about HR, MN9, PA, and everything, I hope people with negative feelings, can still come to terms with "what it is and why it is".
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
  12. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yeah I read that and was pleasantly surprised........ That is before I got to the comments. Things like "so how much did uber pay you" or "this is just ubers PR department".

Can someone please inform me since when uber became the pinnacle of all evil in the gaming world?

Either way I'm really happy with your work uber devs. You've done a great job and i can't ask much more of you. Please don't let this shitstorm dampen your spirits too much.
  13. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Wow where did this game come from! I haven't played pa in ages and a new expansion comes out of nowhere...I wish the trailer had better video of the way different terrain will affect gameplay
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

15. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

just incredible! Was having a pretty horrible day but this definitely helped! All the details look great! Loving everything about this!!
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. philoscience

Yeah, and how am I supposed to get any sleep? Thanks uber. It's your fault you release an amazing expansion, and now i'm sleepless.

UBERISDEVIL! :p
    kayonsmit101 and cdrkf like this.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Remy561 and cdrkf like this.
  18. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

If the '90' at the end also refers to his birth year.... then that also matches...

that's gettin' pretty Illuminati.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Next you'll find out your both dudes (signified by the 'man' in the name), both like computers, rts games and in particular PA.... Maybe your twins that were separated at birth, reunited by chance through an unlikely chain of unconnected events leading to this very forum....
    stuart98, devoh and pieman2906 like this.
  20. philoscience

I think Stephen King wrote a book about that :p
    devoh and cdrkf like this.