Also feeling a little disheartened

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TehOwn, August 18, 2015.

1. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

To whom it may concern in future: These were not my where my posts originally were. My original thread was deleted (https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...use-it-should-have-been-a-content-patch.69695) and I was subscribed to this one and bits of the old one were cut and pasted in.

As was said, context is key, and now all my previous comments are warped due to this bizarre editorial fiat.

But at least it proves I was 100% right to anticipate abuse of power. Even if I can no longer prove it. I just didn't expect clever editing and blunt context manipulations. I expected deletions. Ever faster in the race to the bottom.

Unsubscribing from this new one as well because as I said (if that's still in here somewhere) before, enjoy the echo chamber.

After all, it's not like it matters. There's no appeal to be made.

The choice for poor people is pay twice or walk. This is me walking. And all this recess yard hate aimed at me, just shows what a good choice that is. Clearly this is not the group of gamers for me.

And beyond the community, we all know that under no circumstances would uber reverse this decision. Especially when they are clearly keenly aware of how to work a crowd. (Divide and conquer.)

My point in posting is merely to go on record as not being one of those who either suffering in silence or applaud my own exploitation.

I knew from the outset it would be hate and abuse via a dog pile. Either due to the general trend of gamers to adopt a preemptive surrender mentality, or due to dissent being banned into memory hole oblivion, one way or another.

My objective was to be true to my principles and speak truth regardless of consequence. I like my integrity to show through in every context in which I am participating, no matter how trivial.

http://underlore.com/its-not-just-a-game/

That's why my mods had back story.

I've had my say and you'll all continue to make fun of me for it, and that's that. Maybe if they gift titans someday I'll come back. Otherwise, plenty of other games out there, and I've learned a new lesson about not emotionally investing in any game or gaming community in the future ever.

This will never happen again for me. The only game left that had this kind of pedigree (PA had it because TA) for me is blood, and it's stuck in license hell. But if it ever ends up like PA. I won't be suckered in again.

Patience and optimism and engagement are clearly never rewarded traits in a gamer over the long term. I won't mention what traits are rewarded.
  2. X39

X39 New Member

Why people (me included) are upset is simple
    just lemme bring this quote to you from the ***** forums
    "Why people are angry is scientifically proven already"
    followed by the more important 2 minutes of media:

im totally fine with paying additional whatever bucks for this
    but some people getting it for free?!
    no ******* way
    thats neither fair nor anything else

yes, we "had the option to know the game blablabla" if we bought it in ***** early access
    but know what? not everybody is able to pay **** on Kickstarter as not everybody got any of those few payment methods they "provide"

take me as an example
    spotted the game when it hit kickstarter and was like a week on there and knew that i would love to see that
    am im able to back? no! why? because i simpyl have no fukcing credit card
    all i have is paypal and a ******* normal bankaccount
    just like pretty much everybody i know would never get a ******* credit card i also wont ever do

so lets come back
    why i feel upset is because i simply did not got it for free whilst paying more then some of the kickstarter backers even would have considered

PS
    the ***** are containing words that are locked out by the forum **** protection due to the broken 0 **** limit for "non-whitelisted" users
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
    bsergent likes this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Might as well go yell at someone for winning the lottery.

Life's not fair. :/
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. X39

X39 New Member

i should also be happy that im in a rich country where i have a job and permanent food etc.
    could also live in 3rd world being hungry each day right?

see how thats a bullshit argument?
    nobody was upset when the kickstarter guys got something which did not was like the titans expansion because nobody cared
    it was like those pre-order stuff
    but the move UBER did here was simply **** and you can see exactly that where less of kickstarter backers are located

every post i read here about that stuff received hate from pretty much everybody with nonsense arguments like you brought up

we can make stuff also simple
    wont be upset anymore when i get my 90$ back
    will instantly buy the game again including the titan expansion (for full prize then just to inform you)

i also would be happy about the discount i get but the ******* moment i discovered that kickstarter backers got the expansion for free the 66% discount feel like its just cashgrabbing (especially because the discount is also for pretty much everybody who owns PA)!
    so either come up with an argument or stop writing bullshit
  5. avatar100400

So i just finally got back to PA after having no internet and and first message i get is
    PA Titans expansion has just come out.okay seems cool we get new stuff wrong.

We have to buy a new expansion and Game to play with some new units.
    Now i have called Uber many names and said a lot of bad stuff but

Are you joking me this has to be a bad joke have you learn't nothing
    From your past games and Business mistakes? are you this Cash hungry and desperate?.

I know Business is business and you have to make money as a company.
    And you can't support a game forever and you shouldn't kick a dead horse.
    But did you learn nothing from PA and the mistakes made.
    When i left a couple of months back a lot of people i new and loved playing PA with
    had left and felt the game was either stale or not wanting to deal with drama or the main reason
    I seem to hear a lot was Uber fucked this up they fucked that up blah blah blah.

It must be just me but this feels like a great way to split and fragment your audience even further
    and to push them away from a game that has being getting more and more Negative critic
    on it as time goes on.
    My guess is the sales aren't there for uber so why not make some new units chuck them in and
    Boom 40$ brand new game or 15$ AUD so called expansion for those that own PA.
    Game already felt like it was dying And you want to split your audience to separate games.

What faith in Uber should anyone have to support or fix problems with this product in a
    reasonable amount of time?.If i remember correctly after Kickstarter was successful and the Alpha
    was out Uber communicated very well with the community.
    Now i barely see anyone from Uber or hear anything exception being Jables in Halcyon chat.

Back to the point
    Supreme Commander 2 was sorta POS of but they new at least if we had more units in DLC make
    it a optional thing you can turn or and use.A whole new game is just plain silly and is a Cash grab
    Plain and simple and at the end of the day you are using your own engine yes it would be a bit more
    work but no the lazy way was taken.

Maybe i am incorrect on some parts only just started downloading it and watched a few videos.
    And yes i'm a hypocrite for buying a product i don't like and oppose but in a way if i want to play with
    old peeps from Team burning them i am forced to.

You can take what i say with a grain of salt or whatever else you like but i'm surprised
    Nobody has said stuff you to Uber and that we would love you to stop screwing things up
    because some of us love PA and don't want to see it Die out and become a joke from
    something that was a very good and fresh take on RTS.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If you love PA then you'll love the expansion and I am very certain the community won't be split or anything. The addon was the right choice to make PA a better game with a larger community.
    xanoxis, cdrkf, Nicb1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I (a non Uber employee) merged your thread into this one because I deemed it a duplicate, as I've merged several others all saying the same thing. This is in accordance with standard forum policy.

Everyone is allowed to express opinions here, but you can't all have your own thread.
  8. squishypon3

No that's simply not true, the Steam forums were at a riot over the 90$ price tag.

The backers get it free because they are the backers it's really not that hard to understand- They got the game started up in the first place, you and I both bought it too late, kinda' sucks- but that's life.

Oh yes they give the whole thing away for free to backers and give you a huge discount and they're the money grabbers! I hope you realize a company especially of this size simply cannot afford to give every copy away for free. I'd say Early access was a huuuge part of their customers and to give it away for free to them just wouldn't make economical sense. They'd go bankrupt. This isn't a company going for a cash grab.. This is a company trying to survive. (and despite this need to survive they give some things away.. Which makes them evil? Wat?)

Edit: And don't you say "Oh well they should've given it to all the 90$ Early Access!" because that's arbitrary, no matter how low you go in who gets it for free the next cheaper level will feel like they deserved it free too! When should you stop deserving it free? Alpha, Beta, Gamma? Release!?

They never promised you anything for free, they never promised their backers an expansion for free either- It just so happens they felt they wanted to give back to their backers, give them a bit of a nice thanks.. Which is why imo it's ridiculous that everyone is acting like this.
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
    MrTBSC and Nicb1 like this.
  9. X39

X39 New Member

no idea what you want to tell me with this
    that the usual hate came up when EA began at a price of 90$? wow ... so what? has nothing to do with the hate i for myself this time even cant say im not part of as i ******* do feel cheated by UBER

so what?
    makes them magical customers of first grade and higher rank then anybody else?
    the entire discussion would not have had happened if UBER would not have gave the expansion for free to backers
    the reason i feel upset is because 30k+ got the expansion for free who would not even including the expansion without discount have paid more then i did
    just that im now supposed to pay additional 40$ (10 up to the 18th october) whilst they did not had to
    thats what makes me and those people who are not fuckheads anyway (the riot about 90$ guys for example) upset and feel like UBER cheated us
    yes they are
    simple reason stays still simple so lemme repeat what i already wrote
    UBER makes everybody who bought it via steam due to whatever reasons to customers of second grade showing them that they are not worth giving away stuff for free
    i do know companies need money to survive
    and i would also never have said any ******* ****
    but making the expansion available for free to anybody who backed using kickstarter? hell yeah
    why would that make people angry?
  10. squishypon3

You've got to realize there was no intention on their part to insult you, or rip you off, all they wanted to do was give their backers a little gift, why can't you accept that?
    xanoxis, cdrkf, Nicb1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Perceptions trump intentions.
    websterx01 likes this.
  12. squishypon3

Aghh I've got to calm down, head's spinning.

@X39
    One last point.. Maybe it's free to backers because of all the stuff Uber's put the backers in before? There was the Able commander for instance- Maybe it's a "Sorry we did that, here's something to hopefully make up for it!"

Nobody knows man, but I just thinks it's deeper than you're making it.. I'll be signing off for the night. Sorry if that last post was a bit more pushy than my others, caught myself trying to hold back heh.
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  13. avatar100400

Its more than like the implementation will split some and this is simply a poorly put
    together cash grab oh well yawn PA was dying anyway and still will with more embarrassing
    Business mistakes Uber will learn one day or not which seems likely and then there gone.

A company that had great ideas and wanted to do so much with a limited budget
    and then got a little to ambitious and then when they need money they Kickstarted a new
    game when there last one was no where near finished at all and then burnt their customers.
    So what's this 2 Cash Grab moves so far?.

@squishypon3

What about there Promises they can't even keep those and when they do its far to late
    its just plain and simple bad business and embarrassing.
    It took till 3-5 months ago to get Backers physical items sent to them.
    And yes i know it was blamed on there supplier or something like that.

anyway continuing from before my reply to squishy.

Fact is Uber keep falling flat on its face over and over and will not learn
    If Uber wants i can put them in touch with Businesses mangers with 20+ Years experiance
    So hopefully they can get their act together.

It looks worse when the steam reviews and other critic has turned very very negative
    recently and i'm guessing if we had the stats we would see not just a usual decline in sales
    But a % from the negative reviews.So putting out a new game mite be able to fix that.

I'm not going to quote names or specific people but many people
    in PA i played with left because of Uber patching the game and somehow making it worse
    it was a better game in Beta and Gamma then it is now and had more substance and this
    constant nerf bat meta change and the slightest thing being to powerful has turned it into a mess.
    That opinion isn't even mine its some of the people with thousands of hours in PA.

Final point is PA was really expensive for most of its life so far
    and not everyone has the money to go out and buy the new expansion that should have being
    20-25$ being fair DLC that was integrated into the existing game.
    I have a job so its fine for me but i know a fair few in PA don't or are young and studying.
    To someone it feels like a knife in the back which is kinda fair.

And we know why Uber didn't do it the DLC route because it wouldn't sell
    enough and they need money so they said we don't have any self respect left Cash Grab.

If it wasn't anything but that then people wouldn't be upset.
    Me i'm about done caring and the game will die anyway and i suspect
    Uber won't last as a business very soon so thanks for the Fun times Uber and PA
    R.I.P
  14. cola_colin

well you did buy it from what I gather, so calm down and play instead. It's a good game. Who cares about all this drama, better play the game you paid for :D
  15. avatar100400

I didn't buy it at all i got sent a review copy for a friends site.
    Making assumptions as a moderator is just poor form or from what you gather.

I'm quite calm if anything very amused so far my day was pretty boring
    until finally reading into the new Cash grab expansion.
  16. cola_colin

You did talk about buying something. But still you have a copy, so play it is a fun game.
  17. squishypon3

Oh yes a cash grab that gives a large amount of players it for free, and the majority it for 66% off. This is just silly.
    cdrkf and Quitch like this.
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

beer4kids

Uber had two choices here:

Wind-down on PA updates because it wasn't really proffitable to work on the game just off of new releases

Or release a paid update to generate some revenue to justify continued work on the game.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer the latter option.
    xanoxis and cdrkf like this.
  19. avatar100400

Nope i didn't say anything about buying if you read my post it said i just started downloading it.
    Maybe i will have fun maybe not depends if its as broken as PA lol.

Stuart you seem to be a lap dog liking everything Cola Colin says how
    strange when its clear there is a bias to Uber and a little White Knighting going on.

Secondly have you worked in the Games and 3D Industry?.
    Uber wouldn't have had to do this if they didn't mess things up themselves
    its called being a responsible Company and thinking ahead.
    By ahead i mean making sure your product is profitable and works.
    And Uber had that potential and more in very high supply until
    Certain choices were made.

Those aren't the only choices they had and its nonsense. and if you get off your white horse you would know that.

We can all agree to disagree i have my opinion you have yours.
    I have my jab at you for getting my name wrong no foul.

I haven't had this much fun since PA was in Beta and performance was broken lol.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

Fair enough, although your responses were... a little TOO childish and dismissive, and it kinda made you a bit foolish. Perhaps the use of somewhat pointless images may have led to that conclusion.

That being said, Poe's law is a thing.