Is it a month after TITANS has come out? If NOT, read THIS BEFORE POSTING.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by mered4, August 19, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

You, the amazing, thoughtful person that you are, have decided something or another is OP or borked or backwards or what have you in Titans. Sir (or Madam), please wait for a month while we digest the new balance. Your feedback will change. Your perspective will change as you get better with this balance. I suggest you sit back and relax - enjoy the ride. You may find some things are inherently useless - that's understandable. I don't understand the solar plane, either. But it's ok! Maybe by the end of this glorious month of patient annihilation, we will understand the full myriad of uses the Ragnarok actually has. We cannot pass judgement until then.

TL;DR
    Don't post about balance for a month. Take a chill pill. Get more experience before you don a colorful ballcap and a patented NERF bat.
  2. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

Arbitrary time limits are an opponent to critical discussion from discerning minds.
    temeter, xanoxis and mered4 like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Everything's new. No one has any idea what they're doing yet and it will take weeks for good strategies to form. Making balance suggestions in haste will only hurt the game, wait for everything to settle down.

Is a month too much time?

Perhaps, but some limit is better than none at all right now.
  4. slocke

slocke Active Member

This is pointless. People will scream certain unit are OP regardless of how long it has been out. Better to focus on constructive conversations. Discussions will improve everyone's understanding of the balance and allow the meta to change and evolve.
    dom314, Jaedrik, Nicb1 and 2 others like this.
  5. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Plz don't tell me how to comment :^)
    dom314, xanoxis and mered4 like this.
  6. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

HERE HERE.

And I've already found a use for the solar plane. It's a great unit to spam when your taking over an entire planet. It provides air and ground defense against pesky landing engineers AND nets you energy.
  7. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I love how some people instinctively try and defend blindly bashing a game's balance.

Like, did you even read the OP? Or did you automatically react to "omg thought police"? If so, posted on a moderated forum might not be the thing you're looking for . . .
    stuart98, philoscience and mered4 like this.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Mered, ever the voice of reason and restraint on the balance forums ;)

I like the change of direction man, keep it up :p
    stuart98, squishypon3, optimi and 2 others like this.
  9. mered4

Realm Premium is the only reward.
  10. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

I trust that Uber is competent enough not to listen to retarded balance suggestions so shortly after launch.

And, no, it's not better than none. Arbitrariness is not a useful tool in getting to more reasonable thought.
    Mind, I defend no particular statement on balance at this point, rather, I defend the very real ability to make accurate balance assessments via critical thought.

Please spare us the name-calling. Your guess is far from my intention.

@slocke gets it.
    slocke likes this.
  11. mered4

By removing yourself from the non-constructive and therefore pointless discussions, you are contributing to the constructive ones by not feeding the troll.

:)
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. Gorbles

If I called you any names, feel free to let me know over PM. I don't think I called any names, I simply called out behaviour. Nor did I specify posters, so your assumption that I was specifically targeting you (unless you quantify your absurdly-vague statement further) is a bit premature.
  13. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Well some things could need some changing obviously but honestly I trust tvinita that he tested pretty good. You won't hear me for while (I hope).

It was kinda funny though seeing gohst saying **** like O LAWDY ITS OP. Time will tell :D
    mered4 likes this.
  14. paleoludic

paleoludic Uber Alumni

I dunno, guys. You have a lot of insight into how the game plays, and even knowing your first impressions is useful to us.

After all, every time a new player plays the game they've got to go through the same discovery process you're going through right now. If we know more about how that happens, we can make it so more people get through it and end up playing the game at a high level.
    MrTBSC, temeter, kayonsmit101 and 8 others like this.
  15. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

You're right.
    What I should have typed was "Please spare us the insults." :p
    Regardless, if you read my previous posts, you'll see why "omg thought police" and "defending blindly bashing" don't apply to what I typed.
  16. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Liked a post Merged made, expectinf apocolaypse soon ;)

Some stuff will be obvious, but even those potentially under or overpowered game elements need to be played with a lot before we can take a good guess at what the best action to take would be to "fix".
    squishypon3 likes this.
  17. Gorbles

You'd made one previous post, sir, which was a line long and didn't explain much at all. I don't get why you're so hung up over this.

If I wanted to debate time restrictions and their ability to affect judgement for better and for worse, I would've done. Honestly, don't worry yourself about it.

I support that people read this thread, because then at least it might cut down on ill-thought out threads. I've often been a fan of reading out posts / tweets / comments I make before posting them. If they sound too stupid, or ranty, I close the tab. Maybe this thread would encourage that kind of behaviour.
  18. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

It's not so much that I'm hung up on it as I am a bum who spends too much time on the internet.

I've made a very clear thesis in that one line, and at least two others agree with me. Come over to my terms some time, and let's discuss what I'd set out at the beginning instead of what you want to discuss now. What's confusing about it to you, or why doesn't it explain much of anything?

You are good on the desire to make people think twice, but it ought to be for the sake of thinking twice, thinking more critically, properly, objectively etc. in itself, rather than merely frowning upon all those who do not abide by this arbitrary time limit to encourage critical thought. In fact, it will hamper such critical thought since they might be discouraged from forming any thoughts / opinions fully until after such a time has passed.
    squishypon3, Gorbles and dom314 like this.
  19. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Hey, it's fun to speculate about balance without having a clue about anything. How else do you explain 90% of all balance arguments ever brought up?:D
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Only if you're on the steam forums.

On here it's more like 30%.
    temeter likes this.