A Petition was made on steam.

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by brandonpotter, August 19, 2015.

?

Are they nuts?

1. Yes

74.8%
  2. No

25.2%
  1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It's because they backed the game, Uber are being generous to their backers because without them the game wouldn't even be in alpha, it just wouldn't exist.

You got the game late, same with a bunch of us here who paid even more than you.. :L
    MrTBSC likes this.
  2. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Well I got almost the same stuff as the KS 90$ backers up until today. So yesterday I would have said yes to this question. Today it feels like no, I didn't. What is certain: I am not going to pay again.

I won't further defend myself for what I did and for why I feel disappointed and angry about Ubers decision. I think giving the game for free to their backers was a good move and these people should enjoy their gift. I thought early access backers were valued the same way but it seems I am wrong (Uber doesn't comment on this but you guys seem to think it is rightfully so). I guess there is no point for me spending more time in this environment because I won't buy this DLC and therefore won't be part of the PA community in the future. I wasted enough time and energy today, time to move on. So goodbye, enjoy your game.

Can I delete or close my account? I don't want to be associated with this community/game any more.
    Last edited: August 19, 2015
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The problem I have with most of your arguments on this topic Squishy is that your logic is "I don't feel mad so you shouldn't feel mad either", which is falacious.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

in a way if every human on the planet would think that way about everything then this planet would be a much nicer place
    Devak and MrTBSC like this.
  5. squishypon3

You got what you were promised, why do you feel you deserve more because others happened to get something you didn't?

Early access never said you'd have the same things as the backer NEVER, you shouldn't expect it. You bought what was in the description and that's what you got.
    Quitch likes this.
  6. cola_colin

Well that's a human nature we all have more or less. In this specific case for some of us the pure joy that PA has gotten an addon may skim the opinions a bit, that's all.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. squishypon3

It's not my intention, I'm only trying to give perspective. The real argument is that in no area of any description did it say you'd get exactly the same things backers did, in fact it clearly layed out what you'd be given. The fact someone who paid the same amount as you got something doesn't matter, that's just a bonus to them. What does matter is what someone decided to buy with the complete knowledge that they wouldn't get exactly what backers were said to receive.
  8. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Ya, lolz. You dont go to a restarunt, order a steak, and expect Lobster, steak, crab, and all teh other expensive foods do ya?

No. Ya get what you pay for :D
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It is however quite like the whole...
    [​IMG]
    argument.

Not that either are right, of course.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. squishypon3

Was looking for a good way of putting it! Perfect.

Except I think what'd work better is you don't go to a restaurant and see a few things on the menu, one happens to be an older deal that's already been fully queued, decide to buy the new one that's steak instead of lobster, then get angry when the people who filled up all the slots for the specialty lobster get some extra sauce because ah well, the owner was feeling nice that day.
  11. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

I can see why people are mad about this since no one likes to pay more then they expected for something, none the less I can't agree with them. I bought PA for $60. I didn't pay the full 90 that some are claiming, but I honestly would say that I got my money's worth and more out of the base game alone before Titans. PA standard was an interesting game of strategy with great opertunities for fun, and many skilled opponents to test my skills against. I was very pleased with it. My only complaints with the base game at the time that Titans came out was that the grenadier balance required high levels of micro which I was bad at, and the invincible nature of fortress planets due to weak anti ground orbital units. I would have gladly paid the 14 dollars (with tax) just to have those changed to what I wanted them to be. When Titans comes out it not only has that, but 3 experimental units (which are great for reducing late game lag and which can are cool besides) a planet smashing bomb, nuclear suicide tanks, counter missile planes, strategic bombers, a full combat theatre in space, many new and interesting ranked maps, hover tanks, a t1 anti dox and anti boom weapon, a t1 unit cannon, and many other great features. Uber, thank you for building this. I would have paid full price for this version and still been very happy about the release.
    christer1966 and squishypon3 like this.
  12. cola_colin

It's actually 5 titans: bot, vehicle, air, orbital, structure
  13. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

Yes. I wasn't counting the orbital or structure as "experimentals" because one is a building and the other is a ship. It's an arbitrary distinction though and I probably should have included the orbital one anyway since there are naval experimentals in supcom, but oh well.
  14. cola_colin

There are also structure experimentals in SupCom :D
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

seraphim have an experimental nukelauncher and uef have novax .. both primarily structures ..
    not to forget the mavor and aeon resourcestructure (name escapes me)
  16. cola_colin

paragon
    MrTBSC likes this.
  17. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

Ouch! This is what I get for watching a few internet videos and thinking I can use supcom terms without actually playing the game.
    squishypon3, stuart98 and cola_colin like this.
  18. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Same for me, 250$ Alpha backer and would have paid for TITANS. When i pledged i decided to support a small very skilled team not having lots of money and this basically meant (for such a technically complex and ambitious project) that i would probably have to pay for enhancement. So i decided not only to support PA, but also to support a business model where no third party editor comes into play to screw up the devs vision. This comes at a price. And if you don't get it, then be prepared not to be able to play a spiritual sequel for the nex coming decades.
    MrTBSC, maxpowerz, Greendolph and 2 others like this.
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

then just go and uninstall the game .. done ..
    or do you fear to comeback ..
    doud and Nicb1 like this.
  20. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

everyone who paid more than 40€ for the original game should get it free or for less than 12€