A Petition was made on steam.

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by brandonpotter, August 19, 2015.

?

Are they nuts?

1. Yes

74.8%
  2. No

25.2%
  1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

and yet the game was so many times on sale .. and you complain why this one is not for low or free .. seriously ..
    yes your opinion is yours .. but it is also up for critique
  2. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I actually posted that, and more on the steam forums. Everyone just started a huge flame war. I never reported so any people at once in my life.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

imho the one problem with this is that at some point Uber had to release something like an addon for PA to continue developing it. They cant make free updates for years and years, at some point sales of the base games just are not enough anymore.
    So there were only 2 possible things that could have happen:

A) Uber releases an addon
    B) Uber stops developing stuff for PA. PA at that point will be like SupCom is since GPG died: A game without developer supporting it.

I think we're all actually happy that A happened.
    And with this we're actually again before this decision. At some point in the future A will hopefully happen again, because B is always the only alternative to A. And nobody who likes to play PA wants B.
    cdrkf, Quitch, doud and 1 other person like this.
  4. MrTBSC

and what you got for it is nothing either or what?
  5. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Excuse me 4 being a n00b m8 but we can report people for this fanning this flame?
    Side Note: Can the petition even be enforced legally? (back on the topic :D)
  6. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Good for you. I don't have any other game in my steam library I paid 90$ for. I have games where I paid much less and got free updates. I have games where the base game was 20$ and I bought some DLCs. I am willing to pay for games and for DLC, I am just not willing to pay this much for this DLC, especially after seeing that others get it gifted as a "thank you" for their contribution (which money-wise is sometimes 4 times less than what I paid). It doesn't make sense for me to pay more money in this situation.
  7. cola_colin

ofc not
    pieman90 likes this.
  8. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Indeed, they are just wasting their time XD
  9. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Good :)
  10. knub23

knub23 Active Member

How many games do you have that where worth this kind of money?
    I got PA for 90$, which is a huge price tag. I only paid it because they didn't want to enrage the KS backers, which made sense at that time. Now they get this for free, I am supposed to pay another 13$. No, it is not worth it for me and I think this selective gift is just unfair. That simple.

Nobody could foresee back then that KS backers would get free DLCs and that steam early access buyers are just second class customers for Uber.
    Last edited: August 19, 2015
    maskedcrash likes this.
  11. Illmaren

Illmaren Active Member

I can´t see how an DLC which costs 13$ saves the way for more coming Addons....as that would need time
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

More importantly, it would need money.

If Uber makes a ton of money off of this expansion that they just released, then they can afford to release more free updates to it rather than DLCs.
  13. cola_colin

Well ofc it needs time and I don't say there will be more addons soon, but over the long run it'll be all the same: If PA stays succesful and active you will see more paid content added to it at some point. No way around that.

It boggles my mind somebody would not rejoice in joy to be allowed to pay Uber 13$ to buy PA: Titans personally but it's okay to be of a different opinion.
    What's sad is that it basically means your separating yourself away from PA's main player community because I am sure the vast majority of players will upgrade and I am sure a lot of fun with pa titan is ahead of the pa community.
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

You never needed to pay $90. The game itself was never more than $40. Anything above this amount was to get access to the game before the release date.
    kayonsmit101, xanoxis, cdrkf and 6 others like this.
  15. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Sorry that I don't enjoy paying 103$ for a game + DLC (which partly should be in the base game and which others get for free). Yes I will not get back into the game, will not rejoin the ladder and not play any future tournament. But that is not that sad, there are other games out there. It just hurts a little to be threated that way after spending so much money and putting faith in the early access, while others are threated differently.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  16. MrTBSC

i realy hate to say it but .. that´s ... your opinion ..

yes THEY didn´t want to piss KS backers off ..

however i personaly couldn´t care less if you buyed into alpha, beta or retail to be honest ..
    it was ultimately your own decision ..
    if i were in your position and hadn´t backed the game i would have easily waited till release for a sale and accepted the addon as it is ...

why did you buy into alpha? why not wait?
    stuart98 and Murcanic like this.
  17. knub23

knub23 Active Member

And your point is? I paid this amount to play at the same point as the KS 90$ backers. I needed to pay this money to get this reward. I got less commanders than they got (which is fine, I didn't complain about that). Now they get the DLC for free + the 20$ backers too. And I am supposed to pay another 13$? It never said that the KS backers get an additional DLC which I have to pay for.

My reason for paying 90$ was the same reason as for many 90$ KS backers: To get PA early and play it early. Why do I have to defend this decision?
  18. cola_colin

So you paid a high price because you didn't want to wait.
    Your decision. It was clear you could have waited to pay a lower price.
    kayonsmit101, xanoxis, cdrkf and 5 others like this.
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

290$ here and in the same boat! People shouldn't expect free stuff when free stuff was never promised to them.
    xanoxis, cdrkf, Quitch and 2 others like this.
  20. MrTBSC

and you got what you paid for that price, didn´t you?
    Quitch likes this.