Do premium steam buyers of PA get Titans?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bradaz85, August 18, 2015.

1. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

I bought PA as soon as it came to steam for quite the hefty price it was a vailable for. I was wandering if I get Titans for free or anything?
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

According to the launch info you'll get it at a 66% discount (so pretty cheap), rather than free.
  3. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

So did I, as soon as it was on steam... which makes us backers...
  4. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Yeah but £70 odd pound, didn't that make me a backer?
    That's what I thought...
  5. cdrkf

'PA Backers' are those of us who backed them during Kickstarter a good 6+ months before the game appeared in steam early access, when the *only* thing available was the video and info Uber put out about what they *hoped* to do. As a result we get some perks that people who purchased during Alpha / Beta on steam don't, as you guys didn't take the same level of risk. When you joined there was an existing, working game.
  6. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Seeing as my money is just as good as yours, And I paid the same amount, also without the ability to try before I buy, I see your point has no standing. We took just the same amount of risk, and as it's turning out, I wished I didn't take that risk!
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I'm really happy for the update and all that but IMO I'll be paying €13 euro for 4 super units. Rest seems to be pretty much what I was expecting from the game. And hey don't get me wrong I super appreciate it and have no problem paying but 4 units to me doesn't make a whole new game.
  8. cdrkf

That's not true at all. Many people won't support Kickstarter games now based on the fact they may never get anything (the project creators only have to use the money to attempt their plan, it doesn't have to be a good or viable plan and there is little recourse if it totally fails).

Paying for a working game in steam early access is just that, paying for a working game. Not the same. Go back some kickstarter projects and have to wait patiently for several years without anything to play and come back to me- they don't all work out well.
    ArchieBuld and lokiCML like this.
  9. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Man, you obviously do not know about the risk one takes with steams early access, it's just as bad as kickstarter. Anyway I'm not getting into this. I supported the development to a game I liked the look of. There wasn't much by the way of gameplay when I bought it, I bought it purely to support. And this is how my support is respected. It was a very expensive game on steam at the time, one of the most, and this was to respect kickstarter backers. Early supporters of PA didn't get much respect other than a free com. That's an expensive com...
    maskedcrash likes this.
  10. cdrkf

Yeah ok, but they are only actually asking you for £10. Heck I'd pay £10 for a big expansion to PA, I really don't think it's that unreasonable (I mean year if it was a full price thing I'd see your point).
  11. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Is it a big expansion though? It seems like the supposed "continued" support PA was supposed to get... charging us for it feels like a %$$£ move and a kick in the teeth!
    ratsroloc likes this.
  12. cdrkf

Not really, we've had lots of free updates to PA. Also if you don't get Titans PA will still work- it's not like they're taking the current game away :/
  13. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Free updates you say? More like finishing and polishing the features we were always supposed to get. bar these new titan units. To be fair, I feel these things could have been put in for free for shoe-horning the game out of early access and labeling it complete when it blatantly wasn't. Someone on Uber's marketing team wants Uber to fail hard. I'm done arguing over this, there are many other new RTS's out there to support now.
    ratsroloc and maskedcrash like this.
  14. atlas974

atlas974 New Member

I'm with you on this one!
    Looking at Titans and my 90$ early access on steam, all time past on steam forums to help Uber with the state of PA back then and seeing the almighty 66% off (like any other buyer of PA like 5$ sales) make me really sad about the direction of this add on. On paper it seams awesome but i feel that early buyer should get something better that the average redux
    ratsroloc, maskedcrash and bradaz85 like this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's 5 titans, and something like 16 other additional units. Also new terrain csg, a rebalance, working wreckages and a ton of smaller changes.
  16. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

All of which should have been in the main game IMO, because the base game doesn't feel finished.
    ratsroloc and bradaz85 like this.
  17. cdrkf

Yeah but to *some* people the base game would / will *never ever ever* be finished, by which logic Uber could *never* release an expansion or paid update to PA.

I personally think PA has been 'finished' since around January after the addition of the unit cannon. Remember this is a small indie studio, and PA is in a much better state than many much larger games are released in from the big boys.
  18. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

A fair point, but "Small" indie games don't ask for 100 dollars for their games at the outset. Nor do they ask for 30 bucks upon completion.

Also I'm not saying the game ever be completed, but the current state is just kinda eh. Vehicles are boring, Orbital is still barebones, all game enders are buildings, and whatnot. The only units I consider finished are the Air units and Bots- T2 bots are rather excellent design wise.
  19. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The game clearly never was supposed to have experimental units.
    That argument "it should have been in the base game" could be applied to attack any sort of addon.
    In reality an addon means the developer has no more funds to support the game for free, but sees that there still is potential to keep the game alive with fresh money.
    Not bad imho.
    cdrkf, ArchieBuld and stuart98 like this.
  20. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Spot on man! This "it should have been in the main game" argument is far too common, people in my opinion are very entitled. Games are already the greatest form of entertainment in terms of what you get vs how much you pay, and PA's asking price is already very modest for what it delivers when compared to other games.

(Just to be clear this isn't towards you cola_colin) If you disagree with that, then feel free to not support PA further and don't buy the expansion, but this kind of moving the milestones is simply being entitled. PA itself is a complete game.