PA Client API Requests

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by wondible, March 11, 2014.

1. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I'm going to reinforce @cola_colin's reinforcement because I want this feature soooo much! :D
    chattyrazzy and cola_colin like this.
  2. chrisjshull

chrisjshull Member

Ability to get the current camera coordinates, zoom, etc - such that I could send that data to a teammate who can have a PIP that tracks what I am seeing. Also useful for casting with multiple commentators.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Useful for even more than that. Do want :D
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Include unit types in unit_specs.
  5. wondible

Return the army id in the hover message

p.s. The colors in the hover message have something like gamma correction and don't match the UI army colors.

p.p.s The engine continuously sends hover updates and causes the hover bar to re-render even when the unit hasn't changed state.
    Last edited: February 22, 2015
    dom314 likes this.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

@pinbender
    In the unit info API I would like the orders to have IDs.
    I would guess they have IDs internally?
    dom314 likes this.
  7. pinbender

pinbender Active Member

Yes, exposing the rest of the order information is on my to-do list. No estimate on when it will be available, however.
    stuart98, dom314, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  8. wondible

I've organized the outstanding requests into the original post.
  9. wondible

Update on strategic icons in server mods (while the game engine is running) It would be nice if icon list updates left the html dynamic. It would be especially nice if the texture alignment could adapt to matching changes in the page size and icon list.

Failing that, a really lost cost solution would be to add a few hundred dummy icons to the atlas for mods to work with. Unique names would be nice, but editing later looks possible if they are all 'blip'.

Observed Behavior

In-between games, you can do almost anything. However this isn't very useful to server mods, which can only operate during a game.

During a game:

- Sending a different length icon list messes up alignment
    - Calling `sendIconList` (`handle_icon_list`) will freeze the game's view of the icon atlas at that point. (Prior to that point, changes in the html will be reflected in the icons.)
    - Naively reloading the atlas will blank all icons because the page hasn't rendered when the snapshot gets taken (see above) This can be worked-around by deferring the iconlist, but I don't think page reloading actually buys much given the above limitations.
    - When a unit first appears, it looks up it's SI by name, and then is assigned that INDEX (or maybe texture offset) into the icon table (at least insofar as blip/not)