[WIP][Server] Imperial Legion (Faction)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, June 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The reload time will still be bound to time though, the speed only changes when you're low on energy, it never increases.
  2. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

@nicb1 so did you finally managed to get the build bar icons correct?. I actually liked the angle you used for the first ones to be fair.
  3. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

As of now we are still experimenting with the icons and trying to see what looks best.
    doud, stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  4. Nicb1

So I haven't posted anything in a while. Kiwi will have a small vid for you guys soon, but wanted to show off what I've been doing for the naval side of things.
    From left to right (Epoch T2 Battleship, Bowhead T1 Destroyer, (YetToBeNamed) T1 Raider/Scout).
    As usual when I post my models everything tends to be WIP.
    [​IMG]
    Even though all are WIP the Epoch is the most WIP out of the set at the moment.

[​IMG]
    kayonsmit101, MrTBSC, Remy561 and 6 others like this.
  5. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

really bugging me that the battleship only has guns on 1 side, it just seems odd. just shoving the bridge to the back and all the guns to the front makes it seem like the brigde is just there for show and you dont really even mind if it gets hit.which is the case, i know, but youre supposed to trick us into thinking the ship is more than just a brick with guns.
  6. killerkiwijuice

Showing off more today because this hasn't been updated in a while.

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING IS A WORK IN PROGRESS!!! EVERYTHING!!!11111111!11111111

The new boom bots are a little bit different in terms of gameply xD

The factories that are being used are avatar factories, not the legion factories.

Speaking of factories...

The lasers need to be adjusted obviously, and the units need to be placed on the platform. This was an animation test.

Also you might have seen the unkown unit from the boom bot video above...

The Omega Decimator rocket barrage multi-turret will be one of the most powerful defenses in the faction. The turrets are tweaked to allow for a minimum range, which means the turret has weak points :) (more gameplay mechanics)

Speaking of defenses...

Eh i think i can save this video for a later time when it's textured *cough* Dooms Day Device *cough*
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

That last one also showed off that shock tank too :p Didn't think we'd notice that one eh?

Seriously guys looking really really good :)
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    IMMMMMPRESSIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remy561, stuart98, Crembels and 2 others like this.
  9. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Looks really cool guys. Can't wait to see the final product.
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  10. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Have to say that is ridiculous good....
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Holy crap the boom bots are silverfish.

The range they have looks a wee bit OP, I suggest lowering it and then giving the projectile the property "spawn_unit_on_death" and direct that to the boomsilverfish while reducing the blast damage to 0, then giving it a second weapon that acts like a normal boom bot. Now the silverfish never die in vain!
    Nicb1 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  12. killerkiwijuice

lol, that's not a bad idea actually. But the only issue is that the boom bots are literally unit cannons; they shoot boom bots as ammo, which is the reason why it appears that way. Is there a way to spawn a unit when the "ammo" hits something?

This might be done for another unit though, because this would be super OP.
  13. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

My understanding is that "spawn_unit_on_death" goes in the ammo file, although I haven't messed with it myself so I'm not certain. Ask @zx0 or @startege1 since I believe they've played around with it.
  14. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

It can go both in unit and ammo files.
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Really loving the machinegun AA effect, boombot jump and rocket defence!! Looking forward to release!! :D
  16. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I really like this!!! I want to play as the new faction so bad now. My only question is, will we be able to use vanilla commanders? Nothing would make my day then being able to lead these awesome units with Aeson commander.
  17. killerkiwijuice

Nope, we're not set up to allow vanilla commanders to control the faction because it goes against lore... Also we've already made 2 commander models :p
    stuart98, doud, Nicb1 and 1 other person like this.
  18. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

On the my next paycheck can i possibly donate in a way that gets to all of you working on this for your work?
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  19. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Oh, I forgot there was a lore that went with this. well, I still think this looks super cool!!
  20. Nicb1

Once fully textured I'll have to share an image of the overwatch commander here :)

I plan on perhaps doing more models in the future for the commanders as well.
    stuart98, Remy561 and doud like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.