[NOT YET UPDATED!!!!] Galactic Annihilation - Released!

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, May 24, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If you encounter any bugs or crashes with this mod running, please send in your client and server logs (found in %localappdata%\uber entertainment\planetary annihilation\log\ and %localappdata%\uber entertainment\planetary annihilation\ respectively) so that I can figure out what is amiss.
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Hey @stuart98 has any progress been made on fixing the galactic war issues as of yet?

This was a feature that I was particularly looking forward to.
  3. stuart98

None yet. If you want anything done, I'll need the log files, preferably with no mods other than galactic annihilation running.
  4. stuart98

Galactic Annihilation v1.02 released!

Fixed a bug where bombers were making a commitment to commit Sudoku. Bombers now properly commit Kakuro.
    Fixed many, many instances of units missing selection responses and +sing. Let the singing commence!
    Fixed all Type Uber units and the Smasher having way too large of a guard radius. If you see any other units going a mile out of their way to kill something, please tell me.
    Fixed Stomper having minor aiming issues.
    Slammer has now properly learned how to walk.
    Obliterator now has some headlights. Probably not positioned exactly correctly, will be tweaked.
    Thumper projectile size reduced.

Balance:
    Thumper cost increased by 100. It only costing 25% more than an ant was OP; 50% more should be less dominating in close quarters maps.
    All fabricators are now more expensive sans air fabbers. Air fabs were way UP and fabrication was too cheap.
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Oh forgot to post this. When I last played Galactic Annihilation (not sure if this has been fixed), the eradicator main turret does not seem to rotate and fire, only the back missile pods and the 2 front smaller turrets appear to fire.
  6. stuart98

... And so the Eradicator continues to infuriate me.

I'll have a fix for this in the next release.

The next release, which I hope to get out by the end of next week, will add a couple of new air units and possibly re-add orbital combat in the vein of Orbital Warfare Overhaul and ModX.
  7. stuart98

A number of users have asked about building hotkey support.

Unfortunately, the hotkey system used by the vanilla game is constrictive; it only allows the top 15 build bar grid items to be built, which is about 6 of the dozens of units in Galactic Annihilation due to our modified live_game_build_bar.js (which normally has 15 grid slots, but has 24 in Galactic Annihilation). This might be modded around, but UI modding isn't really my cup of tea. As such you won't really be seeing a way to use the vanilla hotkey system in Galactic Annihilation anytime soon.

You can, however, use proeleert's Hotbuild 2 Mod, which lacks this limitation and is also superior to vanilla in every way. :)

The same applies to zx0's ModX, where Hotbuild 2 is probably even more useful due to the duplicate factories of ModX.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  8. stuart98

Bonus update coming out in a few minutes because I'm a silly derp and forgot to implement the new Transicons shader file. :(

Eradicator fixed. Hopefully.
    New transparent strategic icons shader file. Should make it easier to figure out if a unit is selected or not.
    Swapped black and white in Uber Unit strategic icons for better compatibility with the new shader.

Balance:
    Halley health 12250 -> 5000.
    cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  9. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

Played a couple rounds of GA yesterday, definitely a breath of fresh air for PA! Love the mega units, happy to see orbital combat being reintroduced. An orbital mega-unit or two would be incredible, maybe a giant mothership UFO that operates similar to an aircraft carrier?
  10. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Atm combat fabricators repair units WAY too fast, honestly I feel making them cheaper but turning them into more of a "After combat healer" that takes awhile to finish healing would be a good idea.

Also I feel like my dox are killing each-other when they clump up in large groups, I prob need to test this further.

Also the new AntiNuke system is really, really, REALLY bad. Too high cost, way too much build time, kinda unreliable...
    Last edited: August 10, 2015
  11. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Maybe I'll reinstall PA and try this. No promises.
  12. stuart98

I'll see about fixing the unreliability.

An antinuke costs 12k; a nuke costs 3 times that. If your opponent is pumping out a nuke faster than every 3 minutes and you can't build another antinuke, your opponent has probably already won regardless of how he kills you.
  13. epicblaster117

Uhh I dont think umbrellas are working atm

2015-08-11_00001.jpg
    These guys have been there for awhile now and the umbrellas just sits there :C

Also, Dox do kinda kill each-other when in big groups, which causes lots of wreckage, which then makes more of the Dox kill each-other while firing towards the wreckage.
  14. stuart98

Did I forget to change the umbrella description? They're not anti orbital, only anti orbital is artemis. Umbrella is anti unit cannon and tactical nuke.

Is the problem death damage or friendly fire?
  15. epicblaster117

Doublepostbut

Picture of dox killing themselves, makes them worthless at the moment, not sure how'd you be able to fix this.

2015-08-12_00001.jpg

Also the units fireing on them weren't killing them, their own volleys were killing dox at front, thus grouping them towards the wreckage, and making them kill themselves even more. I'll try to get a better picture of this, but as it stands its really annoying and makes it impossible to use them in large groups :C
  16. stuart98

I'll see what i can do. I suggest using @cola_colin's line move mod to array your dox in a formation where they won't end up killing each other.
  17. joshsparrow96

joshsparrow96 New Member

Do i need Queller AI mod or it has been included in this mod (Galactic Annihillation)? Because Queller AI is a very great mod for the AI in the game...!
  18. stuart98

Queller AI will eventually be included in this mod. Currently it will do nothing for the mod and likely cause problems; disable it before running the mod.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

The megabot has a completely borked animation for the flamehro
    Stuart, I was wondering, what happened to the megabot you were going to include, you show it in several pics. Was it flawed?
  20. stuart98

That boxy megabot model was an extremely rough model made by Uber ages ago that Squishy just kitbashed with parts from other models to make slightly more aesthetically pleasing. It really looks terrible and was replaced by the present Annihilator model made by @zx0.