Mod ideas

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by trialq, January 28, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

exodus basically has such a system for tournaments, based on data from pa stats.
    I don't think it is meant for public availability however.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i am thinking such a mod publicly available would allow the community to host private or official tournaments easier .. they then could allow various people to cast those be it live or postplay to give more exposure to the game ...
  3. j4cko

j4cko Member

A mod that allows you to change how any building is placed (line, square - like how supplies are now, sparsed square like umbrella now) with bindable key during placement i.e. Ctrl. Please make it happen!
    tunsel11 and probodobodyne like this.
  4. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Yes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'm a special snowflake (because I didn't notice this thread earlier), I made a thread with my own suggestions. It is entitled "Two Mod Requests" but it is more than that and piling.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/two-mod-requests.69260/
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Can't do that, sorry.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

7. j4cko

j4cko Member

Ahh yeah.. read that not only me would like that but its handled by engine.. shame really. This seems like it should be in line with other fantastic functions we have (area orderds etc).

I tried lately Act of Aggresion and boy i miss the simple PA UI and controls..
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Would it be possible to use the new API to have separate effects for build nanolathing and reclaim nanolathing?
  9. killerkiwijuice

That's already possible (and incredibly easy), do you want me to make it a mod? Although I bet @dom314 will do that now :p
  10. stuart98

It's possible to have a unit that uses one effect when building and another effect when reclaiming?

By all means, show me this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

It's not a single file, there's two. One for normal fabs + factories and one for the combat fab.
  12. stuart98

I never said otherwise?

Kiwi, it's impossible to have one effect play when building something and another when reclaiming on the same unit so far as I can tell. If that's not the case, please, reveal your secrets.
  13. killerkiwijuice

My bad, I forgot that combat fabs could build stuff because they're so rarely used except for treeconomy.
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Maybe yes. The new APIs should be able to:
    - track that a fabber is executing some order. It *should* be possible to tell fabbing and reclaiming apart.
    - spawn puppets on arbitrary position that create arbitrary effects.
    Now the question is can you make it look correct, not sure you can get enough info about the orientation and stuff. So you might have the issue that you can spawn the effect you want, but you don't know where to point it, as I think the direction the fabber arm points at is not there, only the overall orientation of the unit.
  15. stuart98

@pinbender Would it be possible for a puppet to identify the position a particular bone is and its orientation?
  16. wondible

wondible Post Master General

New theory for a controllable metal maker. @startege1 came up with an interesting 'eco booster' that uses negative passive regen to make a buildable, instant-death unit. (simple zero health can be used to trigger effects with spawn, but can't be built)

Factory with initial looped build spec, producing an instant-death unit for a small metal cost, with a high-energy lathe. Produced unit spikes some metal in it's fleeting existence.
    cola_colin likes this.
  17. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah we have some internal tools that do this. And are planning on doing a public mod in the future. Just need time...
    In the meantime just ask and we'll help.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  18. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

Anybody came up with a mod te see what units are already build inside the unit canon or how full it is at the moment?
  19. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

another idea since "continue match even with commdeath" is a wanted mode and maybe something for future mods ..
    which may have been talked about .. what you guys think about a commanderfactory similar to the heroshrine of warcraft 3 ... it basicaly builds you a comm when your current one has been destroyed ... but you still would have only one at a time ...
  20. bolbies

bolbies New Member

How about auto save? You can set an ideal interval to save the game until it ends. That way if your game crashes randomly like mine you can just boot it back up and be fine.