PA: The Official Localization Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by garat, March 17, 2014.

1. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Alright I did some bits and pieces for the Turkish translation but I could only manage 4% in one sitting so it's going to take some time!

The fluff for GW systems is the most challenging aspect as a lot of those simply don't seem to translate right... But I'll do my best unless we have a professional translator here who also is a PA fan.
  2. sgtavitus

sgtavitus New Member

Do you know when these translations will be in the game ? (when a langage is 100% ?)
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Whenever Uber remembers about them and pulls them in. :)
    I don't think it's an automatic process anyway.
  4. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

We'll be doing a localization pass soon. :)
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Is something still planned with this? Or did I get too hyped back then? :p
  6. jables

jables Uber Employee

I'm not sure what garat had planned :(
    Remy561 likes this.
  7. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Yeah it was just before the layoffs so expected it got lost in the reorganisation. All options of saying thanks I came up with would be adding them to the credits like the kickstarter backers or giving a custom commander. But I totally understand that Uber doesn't have the resources anymore for either ;)
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Not sure that's still feasible now either. The GetLocalization site got an update to make every more shiny and it looks like the statistics have been lost. At least, the statistics page isn't showing anything from before May this year...
    Darnit, I was number 1 for a while! :)

I don't think it matters though as it seems like a lot of work to even just figure out which GetLocalization accounts belong to which UberIDs. Also, I think most people translate because they are having fun, so I don't know if some special thanks is really required.
    It's kind of like a puzzle game really. :)
    Remy561, jables and tunsel11 like this.