Random thoughts on multiplanet in 1vs1

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by cola_colin, July 21, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

1. Add a t1 scaled down version of the Ubercannon that can shoot fabbers at a low price to anywhere in the solar system.
    2. Reduce metal price of factories by 30% so it becomes more reasonable to quickly build bases far away from your base.
    3. Have fun automation mods that refine the UI. Like we can now do stuff like default factory queues and waypoints, build templates, automatic rebuilding of lost buildings even. Lots of possibilities
    4. Add pretty wreckages, reduce metal income of mex by one, increase energy income of t1 pgen by 50
    5. Play on multiplanet systems that even have asteroids
    6. ????
    7. Profit

Thoughts?
  2. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

1. Too radical and too much for other modes
    2. I don't see the correlation, we can just as well build more of the cheaper factories in our base. More factories mean more production regardless of where they are placed and teleporters are pretty cheap. Also that reduces the role of Combat Fab Bots which is to build teleporters as the army creeps on, if anyone else actually does that heh. Not that I have muh 1v1 excperience but these will obviously affect larger modes too.
    3. Why not?
    4. When you say Pgen I think of Panzergrenadiers, my favourite unit from CoH2. I don't know what it means for PA however. Oh you mean Power Generator, in that case, sure, I hate having to spam Power Gens.
    5. I think that would make fun 1v1 games to watch.
  3. cola_colin

Yes radical but where is the fun in careful changes? Uber is doing enough careful changes ;)
    Cheaper factories means there is less risk not placing them in the best protected part of your base.
  4. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

I like cheaper energy, and I like cheaper factories. And I love the wrecks.
    Multiplanet play? Well....I think I will have to get used to camera anchors xD
  5. cola_colin

Ubermap for everyone soon. I am kinda thinking of gameplay scenarios that make it really useful. xD
  6. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

I wonder what would happen play wise if factories would cost zero metal (or an really small amount like 1).
    You could build factories basically instantly, everywhere you have a fabricator at hand. Although the output of all factories is still limited by the total metal/energy income...
  7. cola_colin

Hmm yeah. I like that idea. I guess once I am done with all the UI fun I'll do a small "radical expansion" kind of mod that has that.
    Though that has the problem that basically making the right amount of factories becomes an annoying task with no further thinking. Just remember to make the right amount of factories at the right time.
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

no pls
    ace63 likes this.
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Just build random factories all over the map blocking pathing and using for vision. Seems not too clever.

I'd prefer bigger single planet systems than going anywhere near multiplanet for 1v1s. The orbital later is horrible
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

#RemoveOrbitalCombat2015
    ace63 likes this.
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

1. no, but better mobile transportation
    2. ... .... hmmmm ... ... not sure ...
    3. ... meh ...
    4. yes to reclaimable wreckage yes to more t1 pgen power, t1 mex output to 10 and t2 mexx output to 20 or 15
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

How about we add some content with the OWOM, eh?
    Nicb1 likes this.
  13. cola_colin

Maybe remove orbital completely apart from the t1 fabber cannon.
    Talking about random weird game modes here really :D
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I agree I think orbital could be reduced to unit Canon, radar and sxx , with only anti orbital being the umbrella. The sxx would be repurposed to be primarily anti umbrella weapon (with weak damage vs other building and units) to allow clearing an area for invasion.

Perhaps avengers could be repurposed to gas giant only (same with orbital factory) then radar and sxx and orbital fabs would be made in orbital launches (orbital fab would become gas giant Faber only).

T1 unit Canon could fire a mix if t1 units, don't have a t2 version, make the gate the t2 planet invasion tool instead.