Two mod requests:

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by probodobodyne, July 16, 2015.

1. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Hello guys!

Today I decided to look into the PAMM and I was absolutely blown away by what you have been doing! If you want to do even more, here are some ideas for seperate mods:

Annihilaser Team Colors: All related effects to the Annihilaser become team coloured, instead of the standard blue.

Nuke Team Colors: Nuke explosion becomes team coloured, like that Commander explosion mod.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Annihilaser Team Colors wasn't possible when last I checked.
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Yeah you can change the effects that are on the planet, but the beam is rendered by the engine with no effect entity to back it up.
  4. probodobodyne

I see, well, a few more:

Unit Cannons on Water: Can be built on water if it doesnt look stupid.

Halleys cannot be built on water: This

Halleys Scale: x1/4 cost and build time, but it takes 4 halleys to fill a slot. I know that Orbital Overhaul did this but this should also be standalone in my opinion.
    cdrkf, Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  5. probodobodyne

More!

Nuke Ping: Pings cause team coloured nuclear explosions with no actual damage, just the effects! So you can pretend nuke those Slammers that just landed next to your unprotected commander. :(

Done by dom314!

Laser Turret RoF Change: Halved damage, double RoF on all three kinds of Laser turrets
    Last edited: August 3, 2015
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  6. probodobodyne

I've been struck by inspiration again.

Thermoelectric Generator: A simple mod that lets units build a Thermoelectric Generator. This generator can only be placed on lava, and produces power similar somewhere in between a T1 and T2 generator. It costs somewhere in between as well.

Commander Fire Rate Modification: Halved damage, double RoF. To help against bots. Only applies to that laser.

Unit Cannon Decoy: A very cheap decoy, the decoy takes a slot (out of the 12) in the unit cannon and is fired as 4 empty capsules instead of 1 full capsule. When and if the capsules hit the ground, they simply disappear with no result. Produced instantly and available at the unit cannon.

Team Colored Umbrella Laser: Yep
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Sounds like someone wants to get into modding. :)

The "Commander Fire Rate Modification" is a really easy one to start with, I think. Check out the directory "<PA Install Dir>/media/pa/units/commanders/base_commander" and specifically the file "base_commander_ammo.json". We'll help!
    (Useful site to make that stuff more readable: http://jsonlint.com/ )
  8. dom314

Should be the weapon, not the ammo you look at.
  9. DeathByDenim

I thought the ammo had the damage though? But yeah, weapon seems to have the rate of fire.
  10. dom314

D'oh. You are right. Was only thinking about the rof.
  11. probodobodyne

Oh I certainly don't mind. I am actually a modder for another RTS game.

Though I can only learn code and I'm not sure if all the team color requests I made are code-only.
  12. DeathByDenim

Changing colours is harder than changing unit stats for sure. The stats can be done by just editing the json files. The trick is mostly finding the right ones in the first place. :)

I think the umbrella colouring can be done. They are a step up from changing unit stats. If you look in PAMM, there are various team colouring mods (just search for "team"). If you install those and look at the code, you may be able to figure out how to do that one.

Mod are installed here by the way:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\ (Just copy-paste this in the explorer address bar)
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/

You'll find a "mods" (or sometimes "client_mods") directory for the client mods. These are the ones that would change colours and appearances. There will also be a directory called "server_mods" where mods go that affect game play, such as changing unit stats.

Funny that you should mention nuke pings by the way. That was the effect that Uber initially used when they had just started working on the feature and had no art for it yet. So that one is certainly possible. :)

(Actually, it looks like planet impact effects. In any case, some effect instead of ping.)
  13. probodobodyne

Well I think I can do the basic stat changes myself but I would really appreciate it if experienced modders could do the others like Unit cannon decoy, the team color thingies, nuke ping and all those other stuff.
  14. DeathByDenim

Sure. And sorry, I didn't mean to come across as a "Argh! Just do it yourself!"-kind-of-person. I'm just trying to entice you to become a PA modder. The more modders, the better. :)
    (It's also really fun!)
  15. dom314

Nuclear Ping mod now on PAMM :3, If you want it to be team colored, you just need to install another mod which makes the nuke team colored.
    Last edited: July 17, 2015
    tunsel11 and cdrkf like this.
  16. probodobodyne

Certainly, I didn't take your intentions for anything else and I do want to try the simpler things out. However I would like to get the others in a smaller timeframe which may not be possible with me trying everything out from scratch.

Thanks for doing this on such a short notice, but I could not find the team coloured nuke mod on PAMM.
  17. dom314

It might not exist yet. The point is that anything that shadows the nuke effect will also change the ping. You can look at the source to see how it is done.
  18. probodobodyne

Uhh I guess I'll eventually get to it... But if you know how and if it can be done quickly, then it would be much appreciated if you could do it.
  19. dom314

Kinda in hospital right now, maybe when I feel better.
  20. DeathByDenim

The colours for the nuke explosion can be set somewhere in here: "<PA Install Dir>/media/pa/units/land/nuke_launcher/nuke_launcher_ammo_explosion.pfx". Looking at the code for the CPlosion mod, which does team colours, you need to add a property to the "emitters" field called
    Code:
    "useArmyColor": 1
    somehow...

That's how far I got. :)
  21. probodobodyne

Oh, get well soon.
    dom314 and tunsel11 like this.