Stuff

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by elodea, June 17, 2015.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Land stuff
    Sniper bot turret yaw rate is much too slow. Moving it anywhere makes you miss out on alot of shots, which is a very big problem when it comes to the requirement to micro against it's sheller counterpart

Air stuff

The aoe on aa has legit killed t2 air viability. I would suggest reducing splash damage to a much lesser value than the direct damage.

I would also suggest increasing hornet range so that it outranges t1 aa turrets.

Orbital stuff
    Either sxx has too much hp, or avenger is too expensive, though i think it is much more the former. Sxx can move all over the planet tanking through avengers to kill ground structures, commanders etc.
    zihuatanejo, wilhelmvx and dom314 like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

T2 air wasn't viable in the first place?

SXX and radar sats have too much HP, that is the case.
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Or you could just build umbrellas, which completely shred every orbital unit. :D
  4. mered4

Get 7 or so umbrellas and you win. Test it. I've done it in games before. It's hilarious.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

If I liked orbital I'd test it more, how many sxx needed to kill an umbrella? If x, build 4x, make 4 groups and attack the umbrellas. Use satellites to sponge damage. Then you should easily have enough to kill a commander. The thing I hate it the orbital timings, like you want to drop the satellite half a second before the sxx land, then the sxx lands, kills umbrella, then you want avengers to arrive and protect your sxx. This is such a simple tactical move made impossible with the ui. Not a fan of orbital gameplay if you didn't realise.
  6. mered4

The actual issue (from experience) is that the SXX land one at a time. Sure, they are a millisecond apart, but they get shredded by the umbrellas before they take a shot. It's akin to lining up your tanks in a neat line for a group of x2 laser turrets. It's hilariously one-sided.

Yes, you can attempt the 4SXX group micro, but if you don't time it perfectly, a group of SXX will just get shredded by umbrellas. It's rather hilarious, actually. I routinely plant my commander inside a ring of 4-6 umbrellas and just wait for the fireworks. They try to snipe the commander, they get shredded. SXX goes for umbrellas? Sure! But they're too spread out, and thus they die swiftly.

I have a video on my twitch (www.twitch.tv/mered4) where I have 4 umbrellas that shred this guys 20 or so SXX. It's not a great example, because the SXX weren't well micro'd, but it still goes to show how good umbrellas are.

And, to be honest, it's better that way. Orbital creep with this balance isn't fun for either side.
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

All you have to do is patrol the commander in a circle inside an umbrella field.
    xankar likes this.
  8. elodea

elodea Post Master General

What does that do? Sxx move pretty fast, or are you saying you can exploit a bug with attack targeting heh.
  9. mered4

I recorded that video like....a month ago. Umbrellas havent changed. And you also grouped up those umbrellas. SXX have AOE and will shred grouped umbrellas.
  10. killerkiwijuice

depends on how many SXX the enemy has
    lordathon likes this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

you'll probably survive with 15 umbrellas spaced out at a length and width of 2 adv vehicle factories. And you need to patrol the commander in that area.
  12. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

If your opponent can drop 20 SSX on top of you, it's probably about time the game ended anyway
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Or now it's the time to build as many orbital factories as ground ones!

Go full starfleet on their asses!
  14. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

inb4 owo
    igncom1 likes this.