Big Bang - $300 tournament open to all

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by exodusesports, June 23, 2015.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

eXodus eSports is proud to announce Big Bang, a new 1v1 tournament for Planetary Annihilation. Can you make the biggest boom, qualify for the finals and win from the $300 worth of prizes on the line?

Participation is open to all players, no matter your skill level. But only for the first 64 players to apply, after that you’ll be put in the reserves where you’ll be eligible to take the spot of any player who is a no show.

The tournament will be split in two. The qualifiers will consist for eight groups of eight playing a round robin. This means every player will play seven games. At the end of the games the top player from each group will proceed to the finals which will be held one week later.

Sign-ups will be closed 24 hours before the tournament begins.

Make sure that you’ve read through the rules, meet all the tournament requirements and put this into your diary. You don’t want to miss out just because you can’t handle time-zones. Given the amount of money at stake we will be enforcing the rules tightly, so ensure you are familiar with them.

Our thanks to Uber Entertainment who have generously provided a number of commander codes for this tournament.

I’M NOT SURE I’M GOOD ENOUGH

All are welcome no matter their skill level, and some of the best players in the game today come from humble beginnings. You’re guaranteed seven games and will get a chance to play a variety of players from bronze to uber, and may even get your game cast live. And who knows, perhaps you’re better than you think you are. Tournaments were made for upsets.

If you play ranked then you’re already practicing for this event since we’ll be using ranked maps for the qualifier games. If you’re not playing ranked, well then now is a great time to get started!

Once we hit the finals, well it'll be all custom maps. Time to see how you adapt!

Attached Files:

Last edited: July 7, 2015
    stuart98, theiban, elodea and 7 others like this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Who keeps funding these and do they have any favours that need doing?
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Oh lawdy gsus. Looking good!

How about @Xankar and @zihuatanejo casting this. :D the amount of sexy voices talking about destruction would be too strwong.

Besides that I'll have a player less to play. :p
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Unfortunately I won't be around for the qualifiers :(
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@exodusesports I should be available for the qualifiers, however I'm in awkward situation that I can't guarantee I'll be available the following weekend. In the (unlikely) event that I do well enough to qualify, would you promote the runner up in the event I can't make the final, or would it be better I don't join the tournament?

I'd like to play it as I rather enjoy 'round robin' style events, although I understand given the money involved if you need a firm commitment for both rounds before entering?
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

new wallpaper detected!!!! ..... ... wait ... IT`S MISSING A HAT !!! BOOOOOH !!!!

good speed with the tourney though ... looking forward to it ...
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Hash.
    Tag.
    One.
    Pass.

:)

Still angry that I can't do any casting...
  8. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Where is the scone?

Too bad I will be out of town. Would have been fun to cast.
  9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Lucky you, i'll be out of town for both the qualifiers and finals. No smexy casting for you
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  10. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

There it is :)
  11. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

\o/ hype \o/

I have some questions though:
    - How will the groups be constructed? I am assuming rank seeded round robin? What about inactive or unranked players then?
    - What is the policy for selecting who moves on to the finals if the group count is not a power of 2?

\o/ hype again, why not \o/
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Seeded round robin based on league and tournament stats.

Eight players qualify, so it will be the top player from eight groups, or top two from four groups, etc. It depends on what the final numbers are. Hopefully we'll fill all the slots, so spread the word.
    lostmekka likes this.
  13. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

So does this mean the brackets currently on Exodus Esports are not final?
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

That's correct. Can't have final brackets if we haven't closed sign-ups yet.
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

16. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Will the custom maps be released before hand? Or surprise surprise?
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

This isn't a Clopsey, you know.
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Ouch.... I thought all the maps were chosen iirc. Or have the rules changed? Oh and @elodea fancy some games later in? Ca 5 hours?
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  19. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

The maps are listed on the event page aren't they?

EDIT: sorry, nm, custom maps, I'll shut up :D
  20. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

All matches will be played on the following maps:

• Blitz
    • Forge
    • Berg
    • Duat
    • Pacific
    • Styx
    • Meso
    • Amplus
    The map and opponent order will be communicated to you prior to the tournament and to each round.

eXodus eSports reserves the right to alter these rules at any time.

Am I missing something?

Edit: ah for the finals. Getting a tad ahead of yourself elodea. I'm guessing the word adapt means we won't know the maps. Ps. When we get to the finals wanna split the prize money?