Mod ideas

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by trialq, January 28, 2014.

1. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

has anyone got the old alpha/early beta nanolathe animations? Could you put a mod with that old lathe up pls :>
    xankar and cola_colin like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You'll probs have to send a PM to @raevn asking for them.
  3. Tripod27

Tripod27 Active Member

A mod that allows you to scale a saved planet to any radius and automatically adjusts all CSGs, spawns and metal spots to fit that new radius?
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  4. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@Tripod27
    That is possible, except that terrain cannot be scaled afaik. Bumpy ground, water, lava, features, all will screw over a scaled map attempt. Even when the ground has been set to zero height, it's not precise to the point where CSGs won't be floating slightly or sunk slightly in some cases. Worth revisiting if and when terrain can be scaled properly.
  5. gardian20

gardian20 New Member

You know what i want? I want a realistic orbital mod. You could tell your ships to hold position, but it would cost energy. When you released them, they would constantly move around the plane, taking no energy. Telling them to move would adjust their orbits, and you could tell them to change direction, all of which would take energy. If they were near the equator, they could enter a geosynch orbit and hold position without taking energy. This would make for some pretty hilarious space battles!
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Import/Export settings

laurentgdh likes this.
  7. TheFinitePeach

TheFinitePeach New Member

Just and idea I came up with:

What if instead of the same star at the center of the system there was some variation. For example having red dwarfs, red giants, brown dwarfs, Blue main sequence stars, etc... This could add some nice variation to the systems.
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. wondible

Self Repairing Walls

Walls have lower health, but a very short range auto-repair tool. That way they only draw power while under fire and don't require much micromanagement.
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

Anyone willing to make a mod where u can change wich units, ur units fire primarely?

For instance wich units do your artillery take out first.
    Or do you want your rocket bots take out units firts? or buildings? or orbital?
    Perhaps the sniper bots suits you more if they attack fabbers first?
    Or t2 bombers should not give to much about shouting at buildings.

Anyone?
  10. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

How about a mod to control UI notifications, The UI keeps changing and things being added too it. Maybe a mod could help manage ui elements even hiding and showing certain elements helps. The game doesn't have much for ui settings in the menu either that could be improved.:cool:
  11. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

I see nobody has made a mod (that I've found anyway) to redo Ben Golus's awesome "mistake" with the "lightning-style" (random flashing) power generator lighting effects. Is this not possible with modding or is there just no interest in it?
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. somdudewillson

somdudewillson Member

Beachhead
  13. wondible

14. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Possible to make a draggable build queues?
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I've never seen anything that gave the impression it is possible. The client probably does not even have the ability to tell the server "change it". So you'd need to delete everything and requeue everything but one element.
  16. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

unitmod ideas:

t1 air gunship used for raiding and early base defense more expensive than bombers but better to control no aoe decent rate of fire low damage per shot

additionaly changing the kestrel so it launches missiles in salvos that have minimum aoe ...

other mod idea ... t2 nukeboombot ... does roughly a third of the damage of a nuke ...
    explodes on special attackorder or when destroyed ...
    slow moving big unit with no defense and low vision radius can be carried by transports but only explode and do damage when on ground ...

crossplanetary tactical missile launcher ... expensive groundstructure buildable by advanced fabbers ... launches salvos of non tracing tactical missiles but has a long reload time .... primary use against enemy structures ...
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  17. evildemoncreature

evildemoncreature New Member

I have seen a few mods out there to change the strategic icon of the commander, and it has me wondering about whether or not this idea I have for a UI mod is even possible. (It doesn't seem likely, but I have only had a cursory look at the UI modding tutorial and related references, so there might be a workaround an experienced modder might be able to see)

What I want to do is make it so that you can have different icons for different commander units, based purely on the color(s) of the team using that commander unit. For instance, you could have a mod that makes the icon for each faction as the unique commander icon for that team, instead of the default icon applying to all commander units across all teams. It would also make it easier to visually discern which commanders are being attacked in the notifications panel.

I had a really specific icon replacement mod in mind if this was possible, but if someone can confirm that this isn't possible at all, *or I come to find out that it would entail a heck of a lot more work than previously assumed* I'll still develop them as separate mods.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I don't think that's possible. The icon shaders are the same for a unit regardless of the actual model, and we can't change that.
  19. wondible

I think it is possible, but extremely hard. Essentially the shader would have to switch on the color and implement the icon in code.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

don't know if this has been asked before or if it exists already ...
    but can be a system/programm/mod be made to easily create tournament overlays to track or adjust the progression of a tournament/event?

say you want to create events with various matchtypes
    be it ellimination or losers bracket or clanwar with a pointsystem ...

better yet have it track which players of the event/tournament are online and participating in matches once a round or match has ended the programm adjusts itself acordingly ... but also be manualy adjusted if needed ...