Hotfix Build 82369 now live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, May 29, 2015.

1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Frozen on commanders with reconnect frozen on login accepted:
    • LobbyId: 302166229968118112
    • 5.153.6.212:9010
  2. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Thanks for the report, and the video. I have a fix for the attack move issue. I will look into the target priority issue.

[EDIT] Not seeing an issue with target prioritization. Do you have a video from a recent build to show the issue you are seeing? [/EDIT]
    Last edited: June 2, 2015
  3. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I was able to locate an error in the logs. Was there anything notable about this game?
  4. mikeyh

I don't remember anything special about that game. From memory it was a 4-6 FFA multi-planet hosted by someone else with no server mods.
  5. quantics

quantics New Member

I dunno if this was a damage or visual bug but I didn't get to ss it:

In GW, enemy commander was 2 shotting my Hornets. It wouldn't have weirded me out if the first shot actually took it to half health and the 2nd killing it but instead it showed the first shot taking like 1/6th and the 2nd shot taking the rest. I only noticed it this one game I'll try to recreate it

Also 2 visual bugs that are recurring:

1) Whenever I select my landing point in the beginning of the game I like to zoom in, but at impact the game zooms back out sometimes (always to the same fixed camera angle)

2) When I scroll across the map really quickly, sometimes it warps my view to the other side of the globe
  6. Thurgeron

Thurgeron New Member

@masterdigital Here is a lobby ID for a game that crashed during the commander load screen: {"lobbyId":"12660473495271807652"}.
    @mikeyh I looked in the debugger as you showed me but there was no lobby id there. I found it in the game log and i know its the correct one because of the time stamp. The other info beside the lobby ID as before was absent for this one...
    Last edited: June 3, 2015
  7. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I've got an example I think. Something like this right? @elodea

@masterdigital

There is a lobby bug. If you host a game and go into a spectator slot then the game won't show up in public. There needs to be a player in a slot before it shows up in the lobby.
  8. Thurgeron

Thurgeron New Member

@masterdigital here is another lobby ID for a game that crashed on commander loading screen.

{"game_hostname":"5.153.6.210","game_port":9002,"local_game":false,"lobby_id":"16433581287526021507","uuid":"1077D2261297ED025EBA56EE1F46EB37"}
  9. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

What is wrong in that video?
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  10. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I'll look into it.
  11. elodea

elodea Post Master General

I think the problem in alpha's video is that the spinner automatically shoots at the fighter as it's turret is turning towards the bomber, causing the weapon to go on cd so it looks like it isn't prioritising properly. Whether or not that's considered a bug i dno.

I'll try get a video of what i meant by the target prioritisation problem when i can though. Units were really getting stuck shooting buildings. It's not what is shown in alpha's video.
  12. elodea

From current build.
    Alpha2546, jomiz and Quitch like this.
  13. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Looks like Jigs do not decay properly in this build either.

upload_2015-6-3_1-14-46.png

If you need a game reference (ID# 10849127838974150245), the blue teams' orbital fabber gets killed building it on the gas planet at 15:55 in, the Jig takes a few shots from our orbital fighters just after, then stays at 9% for almost 5 mins until we finally take it out.
    Last edited: June 3, 2015
  14. mikeyh

@masterdigital

6 FFA stuck on commanders.

LobbyId: 8314720464212144809
  15. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

This is my new favorite sentence :D
    I just wanted to say that I really like the way this is going, keep up the good work, bugfixes FTW!

Maybe after some more fast fixes someone could take a look at my memory leak problem ^^
  16. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Still can't repro it locally, so either you are doing something important in your repro or you have a mod enabled that I do not.
  17. elodea

No mods at all with exception of create unit for dev mode were enabled for that video, and I'm not doing anything besides copy pasting the units and doing one move order. PA files were verified before recording, and I doubt it's the copy paste, the sandbox mode, or the dev cheat mods which are causing this because i've seen this behaviour occur every ranked game i've played for the past few months.

I wouldn't know why you can't reproduce it - very odd! Can anyone else from the community reproduce this to confirm?

I also have specific replays that I know have spinners legit stuck targetting fighters while bombers are overhead in range and would record footage of those if the replay system could load them. This is a bug that seems harder to reproduce but many high level players (who pay attention to these things) i talk to have experienced this.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Agreed I've noticed when units get a target, they remain firing at it until it dies. As a result you can *still shield bombers with fighters* to some extent- not as much as before, but if you send your fighters over AA just before the bombers, the AA will not switch to the bombers *until the fighter it's currently attacking is dead* (and given the decent health of fighters this does have an impact)....

I must admit I thought 'remember your last target' was intentional behaviour (so if you target a commander your units will *keep* shooting it when you move them)...
  19. mikeyh

@masterdigital

Another broken 10 FFA with lobbyId: 13783422481790770550
  20. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Well the prioritization goes right when killing the first bomber but when trying to kill the second bomber it starts targeting some of the fighters instead of the second bomber. Its not a really solid example.

I'll to get a repro on the PTE