Looking For Help (Unannounced Faction)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Nicb1, April 22, 2015.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Hello fellow modders.
    This is the first time that I am revealing this information publicly, but I have been working on a mod to add a new faction to the game for quite a long time now. (Since the early orbital warfare days).

I mainly have a heap of units and structures done model wise and the basic code setup for the mod.

Now onto the problem and what I need help with.
    I am capable of texturing and implementing units, but I lack the motivation to do so (Yeah I know I'm lazy).
    I honestly love creating models, but I find texturing rigging and implementation to be tedious and I find it hard to encourage myself to do it. The main reason for this is because for a faction I have to get more than 80 models done (unless I miscalculated). throw in doing all of the things I mentioned above by myself and it becomes something beyond a massive task.

So I am looking for a person or people who are able to help with texturing, rigging and implementing.
    If you are able to help with one of these things pm me.

I will be revealing some more information on the mod publicly soon :)

EDIT:
    Some more info:
    T1 and T2 tank models are done.
    Unit roles have been roughly set out. (everything is subject to change)
    We have lots of concept art and help with unit designs courtesy of @Crembels .
    Quite a few of the structures are done or planned (can't remember how many are done atm.)
    Work on air has just started.
    Bots are WIP (some are done).
    Last edited: April 22, 2015
    doud, wilhelmvx, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Hi I´d love to help you if I knew how to do so :s.
    Sorry about that.
    I just wanted to give you some advice. I think the best thing you can do is put a thread on the general forums including some of your work in order to get as most people interested posible.
    Then contact directly the most capable modders as you can, showing what you have achieved and ask for help directly.
    And maybe just if you want put up a mod on pamm that contains all your work, even in those are just placeholders and unfinished units. You want the most attention possible. In terms of balance an other asthetic jobs I´d be glad to help you. I hope this mods becomes reality:)).
  3. Nicb1

Thanks for your post.
    Yeah I would post in the general area, but it would probably be moved almost immediately (Can't hold it against the mods, they're just doing their job).

I would contact some more modders directly, but other than zx0 who already has his own massive project to work on, I am not sure who else has the required skill set and is fairly active.

Anyway I thought I'd post some random stuff (remember everything is subject to change).
    Sniper tank(Deathmark), Heavy T2 general tank, BFG.
    [​IMG]
    T2 pgen (may change)
    [​IMG]
    T1 Bot
    [​IMG]
    T1 Mex
    [​IMG]
    T2 Mex (with T1 attached)
    [​IMG]
    T2 Arty Bot
    [​IMG]
    Defence Concepts: (definitely subject to change)(old walls done before the patch)
    [​IMG]
    T1 Bot fac: (Old pic. Changed a bit since then)
    [​IMG]
    T1 Arty
    [​IMG]
    T1 Fighter wip
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: April 23, 2015
  4. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

WOW Awesome. Nothing more to say other than that. Extremely impressive. This is why I though it would be important to so your work. Have you asked the other modders of owo? Maybe if you aske the realm guys and @squishypon3 those may be willing to work with you. Maybe you should post this also in the steam forums. And asking some old modders of supcom and so on would be a good idea:)):
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I helped a few months ago but then the moving process killed my time. I had some awesome models for a TA Arm faction, but I think they're lost now.
  6. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

That is really sad :s. Can´t you help him now to get this going?. I want to learn about using 3d programs for modelling and texturing would be cool. It will be helpfull to get some base in industrial designing. So if You want to teach me I would be glad to help you with the work. Just that unitl I finish exams I will do what I can:)). At least is something xd.

edit: the you is refered to anyone who wants to teach me:p. I have solid edge in my computer, just in case you consider it helpfull.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I might- I'll check my linux hard drive and see if it still has the models on it. Fingers crossed eh?
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

"The Realm Guys" (meaning Nanolathe, Liquius, KNight, and YourLocalMadSci) have all essentially left the PA community because Uber treated them like crap for being justifiably critical.

Over the past four months I have found two modellers/texturers who I recruited for my own mod before they vanished within a week, never to be seen again.

KillerKiwiJuice seems to be gitting gud, ask him perhaps?
  9. Nicb1

Yeah shame we lost a bunch of awesome modders due to some shoddy interaction. Thats all I'll say on the issue.

Well @killerkiwijuice would you be able to help out :)
  10. Diaboy

Diaboy Active Member

I'm able to do texturing, if that's any use. I can do some basic modelling (I only have access to Blender at the moment) but I don't know how much use that will be. Texturing I am pretty competent at, though. Send me a message if that's any use.
  11. Nicb1

Ok cool. any help with textures would be great. Sent you a pm about it.
  12. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I might be able to help sometime next month or during the summer. The excuse of "having tests" seems overused but I legit have an SAT, 2 AP tests next week and finals 2 weeks from now.

rip me
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  13. Nicb1

Ah its no problem. At the moment I'm busy with a lot of work myself as well anyway. But yeah contact me whenever you'd be able to help.
  14. killerkiwijuice

we could still use some more peeps!
    Nicb1 likes this.
  15. Nicb1

Preferably another person that can rig and or texture, but any help regardless of what type is appreciated.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  16. killerkiwijuice

Yeah

We are going to have more than 50 new units so people who can rig and texture are an enormous help. We only have 5 people right now, and 2 of them are inactive/ slow responders.
  17. xankar

xankar Post Master General

This looks pretty neat, hope you find some guys to help you out
    Nicb1 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  18. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Unfortunately i have no skill to help in this field (but if you have an issue related to Oracle databases performance, i'm the man :D). However, let me tell you that what you've just posted and working on is really 1st class stuff. This is possibly going to bring a second life to PA. You just rock man :cool:
    Nicb1 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  19. Nicb1

Thanks mate. We'll do our best not to dissapoint :)

Anyway We've finally began making good progress other than just getting models done, but I want to wait till we can show off a some more polished screenshots of the ingame stuff (as in making sure its textured). This may be a while off though so here are two of the models I'm just finishing up.

T2 Artillery Rendered (Not sure of name yet).
    [​IMG]
    Energy Storage (still wip and just a raw model shot here).
    [​IMG]
    For our turrets I decided to redo them completely in order to differentiate them more from the vanilla faction and just have the faction feel a bit more unique. Going to keep these models under wraps for now and will share them at a later date :)
    lafncow, cdrkf, Alpha2546 and 2 others like this.
  20. doud

doud Well-Known Member

:eek: How could i be disapointed with such ******* good stuff !!!!!! I can't even imagine the amount of hard work you've put into this .... The community really owe you a lot !!!! By the way, while i love your new arty stuff, i can't thank you enough for bringing a powergen which really looks like a powergen ;) If only it was possible to have blue electric arcs moving around the edges of this model that would be terrible :cool: