Another critique thread (w/ gameplay)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by kjhddudeman, April 5, 2012.

1. kjhddudeman

kjhddudeman New Member

I'll admit, the video is terrible. The visuals are awful and no audio to boot (due to horrendous original audio quality, I thought I would spare you), but it's something. If you could give me some pointers, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HsCqMnTtt0
  2. Bobomb Bob

Bobomb Bob New Member

ya seem like a nice guy when i talked to you but to be honest, this is the fourth time you've posted a thread like this and i still have no real opinion of you. All I saw in that video was some sub-par shooting but the kicker was you were in a big ol' pubstomping party which negates anything good you may of done :|
  3. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

Like Bob said, can't really get much of an idea of your playstyle from a match like that.. From half-*** watching it though I can advise two things.. Don't move side to side scoping in on other snipers when they're scoped in on you.. Anyone with semi-decent timing will headshot you, not to mention making it easy for other pros to walk up to and kill you. Also, do not stand infront of a gunner with an SMG unless you have juice :lol: You were lucky your teamate was behind you to save you.
  4. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

You need a capture card - badly :)
  5. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

At the start of the map, your team had map control and you were sat at the back near your base shooting people from across the map. You'll do better if stick in the middle of the map / near their spawn ring when your team is pushing up to their base.
  6. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

Looked good dude. Just play more forward on the map is all.
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

What is your build? The quality is pretty low so I could not tell but appears to be some mix of acc\rate\clip. Without at least silver armor, you will be killed by an assault bomb or a face grapple from an assassin; it may be fine against scrubs, but against anyone with half decent skill you will need it. If you already have silver armor or better disregard this, but I can't tell by looking...

Work on reloading - for example, at 3:08 and 3:47 you are just running upstairs with a half empty weapon, then run out of ammo shooting at someone. You do this a couple of times - work on this, and you can drop clip size for a different endorsement.

Learn to run backwards - you run to the jump pads while turning your back to the enemy. In this instance it did not matter, but running backwards to jump pads and shooting forwards at anyone chasing you is a handy ability to have. You also seem to jump down just to shoot at bots, which is something that can be done without exposing yourself on the floor.

Know when to be aggressive or passive with ice traps - you seem to hover near them which is fine if you have aggressive assassins coming at you, but when your opposition is spawn trapped gunners and snipers you should change gears and use them as offensive tools. Work on looking upward 45 degrees while jumping forward to throw them farther.

Flak is your friend.

Stop no scoping bots at point blank range - either quickscope or punch them, it deals better damage and gets you more juice.

I would have liked to seen you work angles more, because that video is basically watching you jump up and down from the left bridge doing a lot of straight shots and very little window shooting.

Other than that, it could be worse - a decent spawn trap, you aim for body which is good, a couple of decent head shots which are always very demoralizing. Good job.

Then again, I suck so you should probably ignore me.
  8. theyieldingram

theyieldingram Member

A'ight, lemme clear up some things here.

Without any armor endorsements at all, here are the amounts of health each class has, right off the bat, without any skill upgrades whatsoever.

Sniper: 300
    Assassin: 300
    Support: 400
    Assault: 500
    Gunner: 700
    Tank: 700

Gold armor adds 300 health, silver adds 200, and bronze adds 100. A level three bomb from an assault does a raw 300 damage on detonation, level two does 200, and level one does 100, plus a bit of residual burn damage, meaning that you need at least bronze armor to survive a level three assault bomb as a sniper at full health.

As for assassin grapples, the dagger grapple from the front does 400 damage, so you'll need silver armor.

All o' that said, use gold armor. It's just generally more effective than RoF gold for snipers that don't sit in their base all day, erryday.

Source.
    Last edited: April 6, 2012
  9. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Support and assault have the same base health (500). Support passive adds an extra 100 health IIRC.
  10. theyieldingram

theyieldingram Member

11. RandomToon

Your source is for updated PC, where they changed starting health for Support. It is 500 base for them on 360. Also, assault bomb does more damage on 360 - not quite enough to kill a sniper\assassin with silver armor, but it is only about two assault rifle bullets short of being able to do that. I also think that sniper rifle still does 225 damage and not 170 on 360 - I will confirm a little later today...
  12. theyieldingram

theyieldingram Member

I know my source is for the PC version of classic MNC, but from the time I've spent watching patch videos and looking through notes I didn't notice anything on the support's base health being lowered or the bomb's damage being nerfed. My bad.
    leov1993 likes this.
  13. RandomToon

Hmmm, I could be wrong. In fact, it seems that I am...
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1735606

Anyway, back on topic to the OP;
    One other thing that I noticed you seem to do well on is switching between SMG and rifle. It is good to know which tool to use at which time - I see a lot of people trying to point blank fire that SR and switching to SMG too late for it to be effective.
  14. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

I go 22-0-0 in the background.
  15. blunkqueenmcpussy

blunkqueenmcpussy New Member

hide in base more like
  16. hungrypoem

hungrypoem Active Member

kevinopilis?
    i think it says quality is not so good
  17. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General