[Request] Mod that makes it so there are different units (Models) for each team?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by NeonTheCoder, May 20, 2015.

1. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder New Member

Basically an API or framework that allows each team to have different models for the units, therefore it would be possible to make mods like A Star Wars one that makes Star Wars vehicles and units for one team, with the same units on the other team but with different models so we could turn the Ant into a TX-130T fighter tank and on the Rebels side it could be the AAC-1 speeder tank, and so on and so forth. This also could work with other mods such as the Orbital Warfare mod and make them Star Destroyers and stuff.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

do you have any idea how long it would take to make 100+ models?
  3. NeonTheCoder

NeonTheCoder New Member

Quite a while, however I'm not asking for the models, I just want an API to allow for this. I think it would be a good start at something, and plenty of people could still have their own projects with this, it would allow for alot of things to happen like remake C&C with the models and so on.
  4. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

But it does already work...

You only need to extend all units by one of the custom unit type flags, and also add that flag to the corresponding commanders you want to lead that faction.

Now as long as players of a single team only pick commanders from a single faction, they will only have access to that factions tech.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yep, in fact at one point there was a team working on this with me included, but I guess we all ended up getting sidetracked/busy. It also would have included different balance for the units.
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I was working with them, apparently some people who were helping kind of stopped talking. Plus I haven't heard anything in the discussion in a while. =o
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

They opened a new conversation.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yeah I've got a few people working on it with me currently. Had to open a separate yet another chat due to ubers frankly stupid chat member limit. Unless you guys are willing to join a g+ community our communication will be split up like this.

Anyway yeah we are working on mod to add an all new faction to the game. Not revealing more info though till we have some more stuff Ingame to show off :)