Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, that's not surprising. It's 0.3 MB for PAMM versus 37 MB for Atom Shell. :)

But yeah, cola_colin is probably right and it's an issue of GitHub being weird.

(The install script does nothing else other then pulling stuff from GitHub and extracting it. Well, it installs links too)
  2. DeathByDenim

Yes
  3. leloork

leloork New Member

is that outdated or why is there no alpha directory in my ui directory
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yes it is outdated, you are probably looking for media/ui/main/game/start/start.js
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  5. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

A cool feature would be a button in PAMM to delete all installed mods. The devs ask us to do that before reporting any issues, so it would be nice to just have to hit a button.
  6. DeathByDenim

Or, you know, just use the --nomods parameter for PA. :)
    devoh likes this.
  7. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks! But still would be cool to have a tab that has all installed mods and a quick way to delete them, individually and and a button for deleting all.
  8. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

Since I'm so use to game launchers sticking around, and I use pamm as such, is there a way to add the option to keep it open when you launch pa?
  9. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

10. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

It just updated to 1.1.1. Whats new?
    And also does the news section every update?
  11. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

When I develop mods, I make create a symbolic link (on Windows using Link Shell Extension) from the mods directory to my source code directly, so that my changes will be reflected immediately in the game (just press F5).

PAMM has one problem with this approach: If I remove or update the mod using PAMM, it removes everything inside the source code directory. I'm only saved by having committed my changes to version control.

It would be better for PAMM to work so that it notices the symbolic link and it won't recursively delete the files inside the directory it points to, but it will just remove the symbolic link.
    cola_colin likes this.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I work the same way, but never deleted/updated a linked mod before. Never realized that danger xD
  13. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

From now on, PAMM should only remove the symlink on update/uninstall. And, if you follow the semantic versioning rules, it should not ask you to update anymore if your local copy is a newer (in progress) version.

http://semver.org/

I hope it's gonna help the few people using symlinks on windows (while, as far as I know, PA doesn't support it on NIX systems), and modders using a proper versioning system :)
    wondible likes this.
  14. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Atom Shell has been renamed Electron. I have fixed the install script for Linux/OSX, and also the powershell script for Windows. I don't plan to rename PAMM Atom :)
  15. themak

themak New Member

When you update a mod in PAMM, please do not have it activate the mod. I click on the update all option. If it is disabled, leave it disabled.
    Last edited: April 26, 2015
    Quitch and stuart98 like this.
  16. cla255

cla255 New Member

Help me when I try to download PAMM it does not work Microsoft says it is incompatible with my PC did I do something wrong or does it just not work for me
  17. SamseDK

SamseDK New Member

Where did the ICEBOSS BIOME go? (LAVA WATER)???
  18. likeyeyey

likeyeyey New Member

I'm on mac, so whenever I type in the command, it installs PAMM. Inside the PA folder, however it only says this: pamm_cache, and mods. There is no existing PAMM.app or anything of the sort I can find. Any help?
  19. DeathByDenim

There should be a folder called pamm too. That is, here: "~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/pamm". Inside there, there should be a PAMM.app. At least I just tested installing PAMM on a borrowed Mac and that's where it installed it for me.
  20. likeyeyey

likeyeyey New Member

I'm going to fix my terminal first, and see if that's the problem. Currently my terminal is a bit messed up and perhaps that's why it isn't working properly.