Beta Build: 55430 / 55493

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 16, 2013.

1. Telvi

Telvi Member

If you put the planet on an elliptical path arround the Sun in the System Manager , the system does not save it. You can change it but it is not accepted.

If you orbit a Moon around a planet and the planet will be removed , they still move around the sun like with a planet . Normally, they should be automatically set on a path around the sun.

If you press the build button , the system should be saved as a file so that the game must load this file only . Currently, it is so that you press the build and save button but the game still generates an new planet .
  2. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

LINE BUILDING!!!! in next patch please o please!!!
    vackillers likes this.
  3. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

While I agree that it's certainly a nice feature to have, there are a couple of features I'd like to see before things like that become a priority. A few of the core features that are missing.
    • The ability to spawn on multiple planets
    • Interplanetary assaults such as nukes and unit cannons.
    • Fully featured orbital mechanics, which allow you to an asteroid into the orbit of another planet.
    • Password protected games/Private games
    • Obviously more units to toy around with.
    I know quite a few people which are currently waiting for the game to reach a more mature state as they've grown bored of what some might call the "dox patch", which leads to one sided interactions because bots are rediculously strong versus anything else on land.

So I'm hoping we'll see some changes concerning the gameplay first.
  4. ftsf

ftsf New Member

Fun game but I lost my commander in space! Launched my Commander into orbit and fired an asteroid at another planet. Sent my commander to another asteroid which was also on a collision course for another planet, commander disappeared from the world! But still selectable with C button.
  5. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Same happened to me
  6. stonesand

stonesand New Member

7. crankone

crankone New Member

doing the same all the time and again. Uber we count on you!
  8. supremeoverlord

supremeoverlord Member

Everyone is doing this to play!
    bradaz85 likes this.
  9. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Howdy,

There are two issues I keep running into, both AI game related.

One is that as far as I can remember, all the AI attacks me with is air units, mainly bombers, and it puts fighters up in patrol over it's base. I haven't encountered other tactics. Am I just being unlucky, always getting the same personality?

The second one, is that in quite a couple games, the enemy ACU get's stuck after building a couple generators and such, and it doesn't move. So there is no challenge in the game.

Just letting you guys know it's happening.

Thanks!
  10. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

welcome to the forums.
    The ai in the current build is very early in developement as far as its public build is concerned.
    Uber is very aware of the bugs and incomplete features of the game.
    For now the game is best served with online play. It is nice to do a few ai games to get used to the systems and sandbox a little bit. It is also good to play against the AI after each new build to see the progress.
  11. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply!

I've been playing and posting in the steam forums for a while, but I realised that those forums aren't the best place to go to.

Currently my PVP skills are rubbish, but I'll give it a run. Hopefully with the new build just released I'll be able to play more games, as my broadband wasn't always able to handle the game properly.

I'd like to contribute towards the success of this game, can you give me so e pointers on what sort of feedback, and what directions of testing would help the most?

Cheers!

Edit: I screwed up the formatting. Whoops!
  12. omnicognate

omnicognate New Member

13. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

holy fuk m8 necro of the year
    veep, xankar, ace63 and 2 others like this.
  14. omnicognate

omnicognate New Member

I have a 4K monitor, and now since this scaling thing, i cant play the game because the icons and text is so edgy and out of focus i cant read it, please fix this or help somehow, thanks
  15. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Pa runs the ui at whatever your desktop resolution is set to. Resolution scaling only affects the actual in game view, these settings won't change the interface at all.

I remember a while ago someone made a mod that permits zooming of the ui (as the ui system is built around the chrome web browser essentially). Not sure if it still works though.. @cola_colin might know more about that?
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Patches to PA (that improve UI performance) sadly damaged that mod. So far I think there is no completely working new version, but I think @DeathByDenim tried to make one
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it's still work in progress though. I'll try to finish it soon. The one I have now is hard-coded for small screens to reduce the size of the UI elements to 70%, but that number can be changed of course.

By the way, @omnicognate, can you make a screen shot of a PA game so I know what I should be aiming for?
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. omnicognate

omnicognate New Member

there seems to be a strange issue of the screenshot refusing to show in my 4k resolution, i think the game believes that my monitor is in 1920/1080 which is why it looks stretched for me

Attached Files:

cdrkf likes this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Doesn't 4K require the GPU to effectively 'tile' the screen? That might explain the issue?
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I had to look up what you meant with tiling, but it seems to be a way to make the monitor to appear as multiple monitors to the computer. I.e. the computer think the top half of the screen is a different monitor than the lower half for example.

That wouldn't make such a funky screenshot, would it? It seems more like the PA screen is actually running at 1920 x 1080, but the graphics driver scales it up to fill the entire 4K monitor.

Anyway, I can fiddle around with the mod to make the zoom factor a variable. That's the end-goal anyway.