[Discontinued] KNight's Unit Design Thread

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by KNight, August 20, 2012.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

... thx for reminding me this existed ... ... ... ... *sigh*
  2. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

KNight makes such good models.
  3. Darken0id

Darken0id New Member

@KNight
    Do you think you will add the very amazing looking models as a unit mod into the game??? :3
    This would be soooo great!! :)
    (I don't go through all of the replys so I'm sorry if this is a question that is asked for more then one times here.^^)
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Many of them were at one point but due to Uber's unprofessional approach towards communications/interactions with specific community members (including myself) I have chosen to stop all direct and indirect support of Uber for the foreseeable future.

Mike
    ace63 likes this.
  5. Darken0id

Darken0id New Member

Ohh no :/
    I saw great potential for a VERY great mod here.
    But okay..
  6. KNight

Believe me you aren't the only one in that regard.

Mike
  7. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I know I may be asking something personal but as you seem to want Uber to fail as acompany. Could you tell us what happened to all of you? Dis they directly insult you or something along those lines?.
  8. KNight

Saying that "I want them to fail" isn't what's going on. If that were the case I'd be taking an active role in essentially "Attacking" Uber but frankly, stuff like that just isn't isn't worth my time. We all have limited time each day and at this point I've decided that the time investment for PA(for both "Good" or "Bad" actions) is better spent elsewhere. I'm working on other hobbies, I've just gotten my Airbrush and gotten it properly set-up so I can start working on my Hefty Gunpla Backlog, Still working on filling out My Workshop and I'm even still slowly working on more 3D Printing stuff even thought it's mostly been geared towards Gunpla parts right now.

Those have far more kickback for me than trying to work with a Developer that has shown, through both direct, and indirect actions and decisions that I and others like me aren't welcomed here by them. I realize that this ends up hurting the community directly and indirectly but frankly I'm just not comfortable with working in an environment that is, in part, hostile towards me. I hope that sometime in the future a game comes along that I can mod again because I really do like modding but it's not something I can do for the sake of itself, it has to come after things like putting food on my table and so forth naturally.

I realize this doesn't really answer the question and part of it is that frankly I don't want to get into the nitty gritty of it, a lot of it happened "behind closed doors" as it were so it becomes a game of "He said/She said" type deal and it just gets messy and in all likelihood it won't end well for me and possibly others taking part of the conversation in this setting.

EDIT: Sorry I caught this a few minutes after you posted but these kind of posts take me awhile to write to the point that I'm happy with them.

Mike
  9. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Sorry for saying that you want them to fail. It wasn´t the best question for the matter I wanted to know. I just wanted to know why so many good modders have left the comunity because of reasons directly related to the devs.
    Thank´s for the response. Didn´t want to open old scars, just to be a little more concious of how this got this point. So I hope you have a nice day :).

Pd: I really like what you have in your workshop, seems good work.
  10. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Me too it looks nice and sleek (the models). Except for the texturing though (i like the combination it just looks funky in that pic). But I read that isn't your strong point. Hows the comm ingame btw? Do you already have it?
  11. KNight

The problem with textures is there there is almost always some level of "post-processing" that happens within the game engine so what you see in your 3D program isn't accurate to what is seen in-game, I have some pictures of the units actually in-game;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure which Commander Model you're talking about but despite backing the project at a high enough level to earn a Custom Commander in the game I will not be doing so given the dispositions Uber and I have taken with each other as briefly described here;
    As part of that I will not submit anything for my Custom Commander.

Mike
    wilhelmvx and Alpha2546 like this.
  12. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Knight can I ask for some help?. I want to make my own models for the sake of it. I more or less know how to do esasy thing in blender such as making the overall form of the model. But, how can I create an armature so the unit can have it´s skeleton. And how do I need to set up things in order to for exaple make the hull of a tank connect to the turret, and set the turret as a moving part of the model. I don´t know if you may understand what
    I´m asking.

PD: Also both, hull and turret models are not done yet, but it is for having some info in the matter.
  13. KNight

I don't use Blender so I know even less than you do about it! ;p

Mike
  14. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

Im really digging those models.
    Keep up the good work KNight.
  15. KNight

I am, just not on anything related to PA.

Mike
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Is it possible that if Uber changed their stance towards modders that you might return to PA?
  17. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I agree. These models capture the pa atmosphere really good. Some nice work Knight. And indeed texturing looks pretty solid too :). Thanks for the pics.

And as commander I meant this badboy that you made

[​IMG]
  18. comham

comham Active Member

From a left perspective, modders provide unpaid work for devs, essentially, so it's totally fair for you to stop it. Plus other reasons.

You're a really talented scifi lowpoly artist though so I'll be following your work. Do you post anywhere else? Maybe another game will come along.
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  19. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I keep tabs on him here.

EDIT: He also kindly posts occasional updates here
  20. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I was wondering what happened to a bunch of those guys.

Was it all one big event that caused them all to leave?