Garat's been busy :D

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by cwarner7264, May 14, 2015.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

squishypon3 and garat like this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Well yah, Wrong Cat just told me he posted this. :) I'm sleep deprived, but I'll post more info later. Check it out (or buy it.. that's good too ;), I'd love this community's feedback.
    stonewood1612, ace63, Remy561 and 8 others like this.
  4. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Sounds intriguing! I love tower defense games and by the sounds of it, I just may enjoy this one too.
  5. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

You heard it here first... towers CONFIRMED!!!
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Towers are in fact CONFIRMED.

A little detail:
    - We're a six person team, about 2/3rds ex-PopCap (myself included from my time before Uber).
    - Huge love of tower defense, and obviously based on the aethetic, a lot of Pokemon style game fans in our midst

The core game we're calling a creature collecting tower defense RPG. Like various inspirations, your Guardians you collect, and next month will be able to craft, from common, to uncommon, rare and ultra rare cards. These creatures level up and can grow over the course of the game, in addition to per map upgrades. The first game, chapter one, will take you through approximately 50 levels, and have roughly 90 different Guardians to choose from, though based on a conversation today, that could grow quite a bit. It's planned as a three chapter game over the next year and a half, with iOS and Android versions planned (we may do a straight premium adaptation, with a separate, custom Free to Play version for folks who prefer that model).

Anyway, check it out. I'm really proud of what this team has done so far, and what we have planned - not only with this franchise, but with our next game which will be very different!

I'll try and remember to check back her periodically. I have a newborn in the house, so my brain doesn't work well at the moment. But I'm sure Wrong Cat will remind me on occasion if I forget. :)
  7. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Congratulations!
    websterx01 likes this.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Him and my older bro both. Kudos though! And very pioneering of you, to have a premium version and free to play. I will get it on android if it in fact gets an android version.