Combat fabs need to let loose and be fabs

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by drewsuser, April 20, 2015.

1. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

I keep selecting combat fabs on accident when I try to select a group of troops, and they follow the troops, leaving what they were doing. Does this annoy anyone else?
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

That's because they're supposed to repair troops on the go, aaagghh.. ;w;

If anything they need to be made better at doing so.
  3. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Of course I know this! UGH! What I am saying is that I don't think combat fabs are used as much to do their "purpose." I only use them, if at all, for tree clearing and minefields.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I liked it when they cost no energy. I also always gave them a longer range, just as much as a dox because combat fabbers couldn't beat dox at dox range anyway.
    ace63 likes this.
  5. pjkon1

pjkon1 Member

I always thought that in big battles with the amount of firepower in range of the front line destroyed units would be obliterated before C-fabs could turn their lathe on them (or else were overkilled so much it made no difference), meaning that the stats of the C-fab are irrelevant to how useful they are at repairing units. Am I wrong about this? I always used them as either minelayers or pelican dropped teleporter constructors.

With how inferno-heavy my compositions usually are if C-fabs can actually be used for healing I certainly want to try it out. Is it possible to give area-repair commands to your fabbers for units in battle?
  6. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Oh for fucks sake, just give them a small circular healing range and some green nanobot pulse that slowly heals everything in its radius.
    Bastilean likes this.
  7. redpiner

redpiner New Member

Agreed, especially since it's kinda hard to nanolathe troops while they are moving. At least give the comfabs more range and a faster nanolathe turn speed.
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i want to see t1 combat fabbers at least to be able to build single laser turrets allong with mines

t2 combatfabbers should be able to build catapults as well as ubrellas, radar and holkins...
    Last edited: August 1, 2015
  9. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

No

The Nosebreaker likes this post