Hotfix Build 80462

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, April 14, 2015.

1. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Hotfix Build 80462 4/14/15

Bugfix/Polish:

- Fix for crash loading a saved game
    Known Issue: Saved games that experienced this crash prior to the fix will continue to crash. This will fix future saved games from crashing.
    - Added a text warning to indicate filenames restrictions
    - Fix for vision after reconnect
    - Fix for the gas giant size bug in System Designer
    - Added a sandbox option to enable server cheats without using a mod. (This does not work in ranked games.)
    - Enable Galactic War Save/Load for PlayFab servers
    These save files will disappear after ~30 days
    If you revert the Local Server setting, your save will still work, however you will not see the save file available until you change your Local Server setting again​
  2. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

Thank you. Finally I can play a 5v5 without my teammate's games crashing since they don't know what PAMM is.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

uber pls
  4. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

Wait a minute, I cant use sandbox... the copy and paste doesn't work for some reason
  5. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Now I'm sorry that this might gonna look a bit ranty but I'll try to keep it constructive.

My issue is the pathfinding. I've noticed that there has been some pathfinding "improvements" in later patches but in my games its feeling more like a disimprovement. Let me take you to a story of units that are confused or have been drinking. Cause they sure don't give a **** whenever I order them something to do.

1.jpg

Above is quite a simple situation. fabricators |(cricled at the red line) ordered to build torpedo's (after building that mex above) to get my mass turtling strats on pacific going. However it seems that they're being more attracted to my air factory then the orders that I give them. Now I do admit that that air factory looks sexy and confusing with the spiral things twisting in eachother but that shouldnt be problem for some machines right? They must and shall try to walk through that factory no matter what. I didn't had a problem like this 3 patches ago.

2.jpg

Above is not really special. This has always happened before. However I have some spacing between those factorys so it should be able to go through. Unfortunately my bot is twisting left and right like its dancing on twist from chubby checker. A couple of patches ago it would have slided along the vehicle factory but now it really prefers to dance. What happened?

3.jpg

Now THIS is something that has been creeping in last patches and I don't understand. A nice tank force which I ordered to raid the left side as you can see from the green line but nononono lets go around that piece of CSG (follow the red line) and get shot by tanks over there and poof my tanks army is gone. No raiding for me. Sad story right?
    4.jpg
    One of my favorite and classic examples on forge. Oh goody its so obvious and the best thing is it happens 9 out of 10 times (especially with last patches). Ordered to build that mex field in the back after it finished up that single mex. Guess what, lets take a nice stroll around the beautiful CSG because it isn't the most efficient way but it does burn more calories. Cause being skinny is the best thing ever even if it can get you killed.
    5.jpg

Creeped in last patch. I never saw this before. Orderded to build that radar but guess what, yes it seems it prefers a stroll along the coast much more. Now I totally agree that that is something really nice to do but in times of war I prefer it having building that radar instead of trying to act like david hasselhof in baywatch.

6.jpg

I think this is more of a rare situation. Haven't seen it before though orbital did had something similiar. I ordered that tank factory to guard a fabber so that all the tanks go that way. They just watched to much baywatch cause the coastal stroll is something really important or so it seems.

Now I haven't even touched the subject of the commander. It has the same problem as that fabber on forge. In the old situation it would eventually slide around that factory and do its thing but that twist of chubby checker is really addicting. Thats kind of a big deal since the commander must build factory's 7 out of 10 times and he can't build them far away from him so he will eventually twist into them. Feel the crux?

Now my apologies if this is gonna look like a rant. I'm bothered since pathing is going downward (in my opinion) and its really frustrating when you had something reasonable good and its getting worse after a patch. It probably is tricky to test too so maybe increase testing periods.

I mean I could make videos of the pathing but I know its different with each game and even more different on each map to get a repro on. Maybe give more specific details about the pathfinding improvements so we can test that stuff out more specifically?

Good luck and I hope this is still kinda useful in some way.

UPDATE
    Just noticed the PTE with pathfinding improvements. Is this already in the live build somewhere? I'll do some test matched with PTE now. See what happens
    Last edited: April 15, 2015
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Great post, I think reports like that are needed to make it better.
  7. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

+ 1 for having little hearts as mex indicators.
  8. Alpha2546

It seems that I have ranted to soon. Just played a couple of matches on PTE and units doing twists against factory is for now zero. So thats some really good work.

The fabber going around the csg on forge still happens so thats a minus. Example below.
    [​IMG]
    Also below example did happened but i'm getting more of a feeling that his is an edge case as i can almost hear my computer thinking which way to go.

[​IMG]
    Anyone in for some PTE testing at 21:00 CEST ? @Xankar ?
    maxpowerz likes this.
  9. cola_colin

I regret to inform you that there currently is no real PTE, both stable and PTE are running version 80462.
    ;)
  10. Alpha2546

Then I truly am confused
    Remy561 likes this.
  11. xankar

xankar Post Master General

If there's a PTE to be played, then i'm always ready. Just send me a message on steam since i'm more reachable there than I am on the halcyon.
  12. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

I've had a similar issue with fabricators, I wanted 4 bot fabricators to go build mexes over nearly half the planet and what do I get? 3 of them decide to start dancing in circles around each other praising the robot lord and how joyous it is to be "alive" :/
  13. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Sometimes when I order my comm or fabbers to build something that is far away, they just love to give themselves a long relaxing good luck rub against a factory.

Me: places factory on other side of base.
    Comm: starts moving toward area, gets stuck on bot factory.
    Me: "comm, hurry up, there is no time!"
    Comm: "Do not interrupt rub rub time"
    Me: "but the enemy could be coming as we-
    Comm: " do not interrupt rub rub time, I will get there when I feel fit."

(also, how do you place the pictures in the post?)
    Last edited: April 16, 2015
  14. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

There is a button with sunny mountains on it, alias a picture. Then give it a link to the website you image is hosted, so steam for example ;)

You should take the link of purely the image itself as in this link: http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539642412308025433/729CD8D32A67D451A23C24E1FC1A5CC25A7AEE86/
    not this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=405487678

So the top one gives:
    [​IMG]
  15. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Just wanted to remind uber that the orbital launcher animation is still not fixed. :)

Also noticed that radar dots don't show up for all enemy units in radars detection range.

Pull down stat bar does not show current information when going to chronocam immediately after match ends. Instead the information is stuck on whatever it was when the game ended
    warrenkc and xankar like this.
  16. cola_colin

on the topic of pathfinding:
    The recent patch had some effect on the heavy issues with the "factory mostly blocks the path" on styx issue.
    [​IMG]
    Those booms now don't try to walk straight through the csg mountain anymore. Instead they hug the factory as hard as they can.
    Same happens with fabbers.
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Flow fields can be funny like that.

I also feel like the path line units use to show where they are going to could do with following the flow field as well, so the players can see the patch units will actually be taking.
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  18. cola_colin

That would be an awesome thing to have.
  19. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

they aren't hugging, they are having rub rub time.
    crizmess likes this.
  20. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Might get messy with many small unit groups pathing around, but why not :)