anti entity weapons

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by elodea, April 9, 2015.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

How do you get these to do damage against a max_health instead of instantly destroying the target?
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

i've never done this before but you might be able to use target priorities instead and prioritize a single unit type. I think the unit type can be custom like Custom1 etc.

Not sure if this still means that it will shoot other things in the target layer though.
  3. elodea

I didn't think you could use units as ammo? hrm interesting
    Last edited: April 9, 2015
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

nevermind, ammo doesn't have a unit type
  5. elodea

Yep, doesn't work. Looks like i'll have to redesign around instantly destroying anti entity weapons. Oh well. sad panda.

Thanks anyway kiwis
  6. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

@reptarking did something to do with anti_entity. The entities in question however was a specific structure, so it could be that you just need to give your 'ammo' more health?
  7. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

You can't give the health field to ammo?
  8. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Also if you just want a tool weapon to be anti entity and do dmg amounts then just give it the anti entity type and add your targets to its fields. Make sure they have health. Anti entity targets can be anything. Ammo. Units. Buildings. Just add them to it and allow it to target there nav layer
  9. elodea

Nope, which is why i'm wondering if there is any round about ways of achieving this

The problem was making the game recognise that the ammo had health like any other unit, not the anti entity weapon having trouble targeting things ^^. It would basically just shoot it untill the ammo hit something or expired. Sorry i should have chose a better name for the thread title.
    Last edited: April 11, 2015